Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #61
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The video of formula D guys driving their own cars is SO much more interesting to watch than FD. They really need to do more shit like that, and televise it. There was only 1 V8 haha.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #62
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
yeah, but thats how any sport is when the sponsors, money, and the need to win are involved.
Cant blame em.
they arent exactly rolling in the dough, ya gotta win, or your out on your ass.

I think that there used to be a difference, but its pretty much gone now.
Drifting is drifting is drifting.
The Japanese are putting V8's in their cars too.
Everyones for steep angle and knuckle kits.
Its still a shit ton of fun

I was trying to find the video of forsberg in his missle, jumping the hump at balcony on his inititation, its pretty rad.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #63
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
The video of formula D guys driving their own cars is SO much more interesting to watch than FD. They really need to do more shit like that, and televise it. There was only 1 V8 haha.
Exactly this. Its not that they can't do it. Its that they for some reason don't do it. Sure its dangerous, but its flippin awesome. I'm not asking them to make backward entries while tandeming. I'm simply asking that they focus a little more on angle and a little less on speed. The majority of the time, they're just barely sideways and going 90mph. Why not knock the speed down 10-15 mph and increase the angle a bit more? Sure its fun to be competitive, but its much more exciting to see 2 guys tandeming with mad angle door to door, than it is to watch them be door to door, with hardly enough angle.

edit: just got home to watch the vids. been posting on my phone. and my gawd that aasbo vs. forsberg run was godly! thats the kind of drifting im talking about! high intensity, agressive driving, great angles everywhere, and still driving fast while doing so. now im not saying they should rip eachothers cars apart every run like those two did (lolz) but make it more interesting to watch atleast. u can tell when theyre drifting for fun and when theyre drifting strictly competitively. the fun drifting is much more impressive/exciting, and im sure the judges would feel the same way.

side note: i think FD really needs a new announcer...or he needs to drink a few nos's before FD starts. comparing his "oh ho ho ho" on tanners backwards entry to ANY kind of drift or entry in japan makes him seem extremely boring. and he sounds like santa claus.

Last edited by One_love_silvia; 03-01-2011 at 04:46 PM..
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #64
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yeah, the announcer of fd sounds like such a douche. totally kills it for me. i wish they were like the D1 announcers/judges who crack jokes and laugh the entire time.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #65
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
yeah, but thats how any sport is when the sponsors, money, and the need to win are involved.
Cant blame em.
they arent exactly rolling in the dough, ya gotta win, or your out on your ass.

I think that there used to be a difference, but its pretty much gone now.
Drifting is drifting is drifting.
The Japanese are putting V8's in their cars too.
Everyones for steep angle and knuckle kits.
Its still a shit ton of fun

I was trying to find the video of forsberg in his missle, jumping the hump at balcony on his inititation, its pretty rad.

I bet soon they will put different classes or something like that. But i understand the money and media involved. BUT HOLY SHIT, that video was awesome.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #66
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
At a non professional level, Japan is much higher.

I don't really like the current state of professional drifting in either Japan or US.

Professional drifting was best back in the early days of D1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsYtDfLtvrA

Back when drift cars were badass street cars and it was about speed and smoothness instead of angle and smoke. IIRC you can actually lose points now if your initiation isn't aggressive enough, which I feel is completely stupid. Someone might correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. It seems the general trend on this forum is less speed and more angle, but I like it more back then. I haven't really done any really high angle drifting myself, but from riding in cars I've always gotten a bigger rush with more speed than more angle.

I think it takes more skill to say, be as smooth at Taniguchi, instead of a backwards entry. We've seen a bunch of people pull that off since the Kawabata video, but I have yet to see someone be this smooth (not the best video, just the first decent one I found):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_7Ote4-ruQ

Also, as deolio said, the announcers really kill it here in America.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #67
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
So basically we have established that any corporate form of drifting blows for the most part. And even the biggest sponsored largest engined guys still know how to have fun when given the opportunity.

So what it sounds like is that someone (in CA preferably) needs to open a drift dedicated track where pros and amateurs alike can come and fuck around to their hearts content. And some people to film em.
Bam! no more civil drift war.

more pros having fun.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 03-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #68
RALLIART15

Trader Rating: (0)
RALLIART15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree that the states needs a drift dedicated facility. I didn't really know what drift was when living there but now I live in Japan with my wife in the Navy and love the sport. I been at it less then a year but with the availability of track and mountain I have progressed fairly quickly.
I have no desire to compare countries against eachother some of the best guys I know are from the UK and Australia and here in japan. They are all cool as hell, fast as shit and produceore angle the physics can explain. They do it with a variety of powerplants and car and no one here cares what you drive or who you are or where you come from we all just drift and have fun.
Of everything goes according to my plan/dream/goal I may be the one who opens a drift dedicated facility. At least I hope I get the opportunity to do so.

The only real question that needs to be asked is;

Who loves drift?

Edit: posted from my iPhone in Machida Japan sitting in an Upgarage buying more car parts.

I DO!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #69
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
NORIYARO » NISSAN WEEK AND THE NEW D1GP: Some new info about Tsuchiya and Dai’s drift series
Old 03-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #70
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
When drifting started becoming popular in the states the Japanese were running n/a and turbo 4 cylinder motors. Maybe an rb or 2. If you took your foot off the throttle at high boost you lost power and torque. The Americans added v8 swaps which took away from the finesse required to run lower torque motors.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #71
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
I bet soon they will put different classes or something like that. But i understand the money and media involved. BUT HOLY SHIT, that video was awesome.
There has been talk of that, but there really isnt enough people to support that.
Plus, TopDrift, XDC, those are basically different classes of drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Balance View Post
At a non professional level, Japan is much higher.
Really?
What about Rhys drifting that skinny ass fucking hill in Brazil?
What about Tanner drifting Mulholland drive?

Quote:
Someone might correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. It seems the general trend on this forum is less speed and more angle, but I like it more back then. I haven't really done any really high angle drifting myself, but from riding in cars I've always gotten a bigger rush with more speed than more angle.
Its about lots of speed and hella angle on entry.
With tons of angle, you can go much faster then if you came in wiht a more shallow angle.
So steeper angle means you are actually going faster at initiation.

Quote:
I think it takes more skill to say, be as smooth at Taniguchi, instead of a backwards entry. We've seen a bunch of people pull that off since the Kawabata video, but I have yet to see someone be this smooth (not the best video, just the first decent one I found):
How smooth are skateboarders in a contest run??
How smooth are they on video when its just them getting numerous tries??

Get my drift? lol

BTW, the green car video is a fucking mess.
Guys entry is all over the place and out of control sloppy.
Then its the weakest angle the rest of the clip.

Quote:
Also, as deolio said, the announcers really kill it here in America.
to be devils advocate.
He isnt speaking to us.
He's speaking to the normal people of america and new drift fans.
And who else is gonna be able to talk for hours on end, without a break, and not cuss?

Not that I have the answers, I dont think there is one.
Just showing the other side of it.
And for me personally, I think american drifting is now passing Japan up.
(besides cool looking cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
When drifting started becoming popular in the states the Japanese were running n/a and turbo 4 cylinder motors. Maybe an rb or 2. If you took your foot off the throttle at high boost you lost power and torque. The Americans added v8 swaps which took away from the finesse required to run lower torque motors.
Before Jamie Thomas was doing 15 stair handrails on his skateboard, people were happy doing smooth tricks on 6 stair hand rails.
Jamie came in with speed and power and blew that shit out of the water and showed people what is possible.
Now its the norm to do technical and smooth tricks on 15 stair rails.

Right now we have had formula D entries of over 100mph !!!!
And now they added the angle.
People are really pitching their cars into initiations.
Getting closest to the wall is all the rage.
Door on Door tandem is big.

I think we are now paving the way, and its only gonna get bigger and badder !!

BTW, whats american drifting?
Does taht not include half of Formula D, thats not American? lol
Old 03-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #72
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Really?
What about Rhys drifting that skinny ass fucking hill in Brazil?
What about Tanner drifting Mulholland drive?
I did say at a non professional level. Both of those guys are professional racing drivers.
Really though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCK_Vm6NF4A

Skip to 5:30. That > what either of those guys did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro
Its about lots of speed and hella angle on entry.
With tons of angle, you can go much faster then if you came in wiht a more shallow angle.
So steeper angle means you are actually going faster at initiation.
True. More angle allows for a higher entry speed since the car scrubs more speed during the entry and corner as opposed to going in straighter. The actual corner speed would be less though simply because the more the car is sliding, the less grip the tires have to offer. It's not a big difference, probably less than 10mph, but I think it's noticeable.

Quote:
How smooth are skateboarders in a contest run??
How smooth are they on video when its just them getting numerous tries??
I see what you're saying, people are under a lot more pressure when they're in a competition, but Taniguchi is noticeably smoother than other drivers in both situations. Where Taniguchi is very smooth in solo runs and less smooth in battles, other drivers are less smooth in solo runs and usually quite frantic in battles.

Quote:
BTW, the green car video is a fucking mess.
Guys entry is all over the place and out of control sloppy.
Then its the weakest angle the rest of the clip.
That's not the best video, and like I said the trend here seems to favor more angle, which personally I don't care much for it. I appreciate the skill involved, and it's very cool looking when done right, I just prefer drifting where you're going "damn, that's fast." over that.

That video was also 10 years ago. I was just using it as an example of the type of drifting I like. I might be alone in my way of thinking, but I'm just giving my 2 cents. I like that style more, that's all.

Quote:
to be devils advocate.
He isnt speaking to us.
He's speaking to the normal people of america and new drift fans.
And who else is gonna be able to talk for hours on end, without a break, and not cuss?
Yeah but it's still annoying to listen to regardless of the reasoning behind it.

EDIT: Found a good video of what I mean. These cars are hauling ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDq0EUaNexU
Old 03-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #73
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
you realize your talking about people hauling ass at the fastest track in japan and possibly the world? Right?

I love that Naoki Nakamura is still getting arrested for street drifting. That makes me love burst even more.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #74
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
/love team orange :3
Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #75
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Schassis707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
So basically we have established that any corporate form of drifting blows for the most part. And even the biggest sponsored largest engined guys still know how to have fun when given the opportunity.

So what it sounds like is that someone (in CA preferably) needs to open a drift dedicated track where pros and amateurs alike can come and fuck around to their hearts content. And some people to film em.

more pros having fun.

YES!! And the track needs to be in norcal, open 24 hours... As you, singlecamslam and anyone els on NCD know that valejo? is all we have lmao.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #76
Wake
Premium Member

shit i know people with acerage.

I just cant afford to build a track. Unless everyone want to come dig shit out and pour cement.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #77
kris
Zilvia Member

kris is an unknown quantity at this point
wow 3 pages of lots of crap. None of this stuff matters....get out drive stop talking done.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #78
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCK_Vm6NF4A

Skip to 5:30. That > what either of those guys did.
Tanner and rhys went a lot faster.

but that vid is pretty good.
There are a couple more like that out there.(really good hachi one somewhere)
I think there was a small period in time, before drifting was blowing up, when touge was actually cool.
Prolly sometime after wangan was out.
Im personally not into all the street credit though

[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDq0EUaNexU[/QUOTE]

Notice the only cars not struggling are straight 6 turbo's, the V8 of Japan, lol

Taniguchi may be smooth, but your using a single driver as an example of a nation. And we have different driver personalities.
Despite the bro hate JR gets, the guy dont take no shit out there and its awesome. Brake check him and he's liable to just run ya over, lol.

Tanner always seemed pretty smooth to me.
And Im not even a fan of the guy, just sayin, lol.

Think this years tire rules should make FD even more interesting.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #79
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

I think the hate boils down from this. People want to see cars like theirs, (not all crazy modified) they want to see sr20 doing it big with not that mods. Not v'8s going crazy.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #80
Wake
Premium Member

I wish I had as much street cred as ericcastro has 'net cred.

If you keep talking all sexy like that Im gonna have to hump your leg when I see you eric.

I honestly think that the real problem is that some of these kids were just born too late.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #81
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
shit i know people with acerage.

I just cant afford to build a track. Unless everyone want to come dig shit out and pour cement.

I know people here in norcal will do labor for that cause. Make name get stock, get investors and use money to maintain it and expand.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #82
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

start off with small skid pad and go from there
Old 03-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #83
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
I think the hate boils down from this. People want to see cars like theirs, (not all crazy modified) they want to see sr20 doing it big with not that mods. Not v'8s going crazy.
As much as I like SR's here is the fact. From a Pro Drifting perspective there are a lot of modern engines that can be run. Engines that are cheaper to run in the long run. VQ's and
Yup V8's LOL .
Ever notice that the most popular non SR swap is now a LS1. Ever notice how many people are doing it.
Even the street guys are opting to run V8's because they are closer to being legal with a LS1 than they are with a SR.

Its common sense. SR's are imported. SR parts for the most part need to be imported. Current exchange rates with the weakness of the American dollar adds to this.
Turbo engines while fun in dry heat area's tend to be more prone to failure. Without doing lots of extra shit to take care of that.

Shit even Nissan's FIA GT1 GTR's are running V8's. LOL

Something to be said about the reliability.

I know Teddy, you hate V8's . Sorry dude the reality is they are here and they are not exactly going away. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #84
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
Quote:

more pros having fun.
it exists.....on the east coast
clubloose
Old 03-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #85
Wake
Premium Member

Whole lotta good that does us left coasters.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-02-2011, 05:00 AM   #86
Toi
Zilvia Member

Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
Finally, it's true that when you see a lot of the big names in D1 that they're excellent drivers, no doubt about it. But you also need to take into account that guys like Nomuken, Orido, Taniguchi, etc have been drifting for going on almost 10-15+ years now. And all this about "massive angle" etc. is just for show; If you've ever seen how they drive on the touge (and I've lived in Japan and experienced it), it's not how they drive. Massive angle and backwards entries aren't the safest, fastest or smartest things on barely lit roads where there's not much room to maneuver and mistakes could send you flying off into the darkness.

Just food for thought....

There is togue RACING then there is Port Drifting, totally different my man not arguing with you just saying. I have been here in the land of the Rising Sun since 96. Seen and played with all aspects of it ran from mapo, chilled at Lawsons, or on Okinawa it was Ciniga's little restaurant.

On the port it is massive angles (to include running the front of the car under an 18 wheeler trailer unhitched), last time I watched JR, it was all about speed which I do like speed but there was no wall kissing no off track and no jumping (I do love Ebisu), it looked more like togue racing TANDEM hauling ass little angle, and it looked like they were fighting for first place like there was a finish line. That is NOT what the sport is about, that is what TOGUE is about!

Anyway.....

The new series will hopefully return the sport back to what it should be, destruction in the form of beauty!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #87
FantasticVoyages
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FantasticVoyages is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kazama is so good.

Fact is no matter where something originated, once it spreads wide enough everyone will add thier flavor to it. Drifting isn't finished simmering yet.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #88
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
I wish I had as much street cred as ericcastro has 'net cred.
I just think logically, then talk.
(and spell like shit, lol)
most people agree with thought out logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hatchie View Post
it exists.....on the east coast
clubloose
lucky.
east coast looks like fun.

and dave, your right.
A LS1 engine is just so much easier for us to get here.
Why would i order an engine from another country when i can get one down the street that has more HP? and is newer, lol.

Is Jesse Streeter the answer?
American, Living in Japan, and killing it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVRwMLc8_zI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwThZOUE630
Old 03-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #89
silsx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
silsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silsx13
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
As much as I like SR's here is the fact. From a Pro Drifting perspective there are a lot of modern engines that can be run. Engines that are cheaper to run in the long run. VQ's and
Yup V8's LOL .
Ever notice that the most popular non SR swap is now a LS1. Ever notice how many people are doing it.
Even the street guys are opting to run V8's because they are closer to being legal with a LS1 than they are with a SR.

Its common sense. SR's are imported. SR parts for the most part need to be imported. Current exchange rates with the weakness of the American dollar adds to this.
Turbo engines while fun in dry heat area's tend to be more prone to failure. Without doing lots of extra shit to take care of that.

I know Teddy, you hate V8's . Sorry dude the reality is they are here and they are not exactly going away. LOL

Hit the nail on the head. Considering that if you get popped and have an SR swap, there's more hell to pay vs. just having an LS1 swap....plus cops might start gawking if they see good ol' American iron sitting in a Japanese chassis.

And from cost standpoint, I can see the LS1 being less in the long term concerning maintenance, parts, etc.

Btw Dave- What can you say about VQ swaps? Good bang for the buck or bust?

Quote:

and dave, your right.
A LS1 engine is just so much easier for us to get here.
Why would i order an engine from another country when i can get one down the street that has more HP? and is newer, lol.

Is Jesse Streeter the answer?
American, Living in Japan, and killing it?

Hit the nail on the head again concerning LS1 swaps...

The "Answer"???? Are we now giving nicknames to drifters as it's done with NBA, NFL or NHL players??? haha....

Blog: http://hartapexlife.blogspot.com/

Old 03-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #90
VQZ33
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
VQZ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
this is a real video of japanese drifters vs american drifters.... I'm not talking about millions of corporation dollars at work for those drift machines... this is stock car vs stock car enjoy gentlemen and let the truth be known...

YouTube - USA vs JAPAN - Drifting the Miata - Part 1/3

YouTube - USA vs JAPAN - Drifting the Miata - Part 2/3

YouTube - USA vs JAPAN - Drifting the Miata - Part 3/3
Closed Thread