Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 03-05-2003, 06:29 PM   #1
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
whateverjames has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whateverjames
Lightbulb http://www.mazdarevitup.com

http://www.mazdarevitup.com

I've signed up for it and payed the fee. Nothing new to you autocrossers but for people like me, it may be $39 well spent and it may motivate me to do this with my 240

What is it?
GLAD YOU ASKED
Mazda Rev It Up™ is the ideal weekend driving event. Assuming you're the adventurous sort of person who would enjoy a national driving competition for great prizes, professional instruction, and exhilarating fun behind the wheel of the all-new MAZDA6 sports sedan.

SAVE MONEY, GO WILD
Mazda Rev It Up™ is the first of its kind -- the world's biggest, best-run, most affordable and carefully organized performance driving school and national competition. We provide the cars and gear -- you show up and have the time of your life.

Whether you're already the world's best autocross driver or just want to come out and test your skills, try and find an event that's this much fun for even ten times the price of Mazda Rev It Up™. (Not to mention free for non-competitive drivers .)

Or one that lets all paid competitive drivers compete in all-new, 220-horsepower MAZDA6 sports sedans.

Or one that invites all regional winners to a gala national finals in scenic Monterey at legendary Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Or one that gives away an all-new MAZDA6 sports sedan to the winner!

02 Blazer X - 90 240SX w/SR

oh noes
whateverjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2003, 07:58 PM   #2
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
First time I heard about this I thought it was a bring your own car type thing. Hmm I am thinking about doing this kinda thing.

Get to drive the mazda 6 around and get some lessons all for 39 bucks.

Any age requirements?

I will prolly end up going to the chicago one, its about an hour away, anyone else from chicago?

EDIT: wait juss read you must be 18 with d liscence, bieng under 18 sucks but I guess there are some goo things (less worries )

Last edited by KiDyNomiTe; 03-05-2003 at 08:03 PM..
KiDyNomiTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:28 AM   #3
Bbandit
Post Whore!

Bbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bbandit Send a message via AIM to Bbandit
hmmm.. sounds interesting
i might sign up for this...
i gotta tell fastpace about this

==>>TGL GARAGE<<==.. RIP!
S13 coupe KA-T @ 0.5 Bar = SOLD!
A31 Cefiro + SR = Current
Bbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:40 AM   #4
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
I looked at it a few days ago, and would seriously consider joining... but I'm just not turned on by the fact that we only get to drive their Mazda 6s. If it were the RX8, it'd be a completely different story, but now that I have LSD... I don't think I would be able to deal with the chronic understeer of those things.

In short, I'm not signing up. I'm saving the $40 for the next Drift Showoff-- now THAT'S what I call a good deal!!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:59 AM   #5
kurissuS13
Zilvia Junkie

kurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to kurissuS13
this event looks VERY interesting. $39 to attend a race clinic, and in a new car that ain't mine, sounds very tempting. too bad their LA event is scheduled on the same day as the RS*R Drift Event. oh well, maybe the Irvine event...

--SUGAR & PATIS 4 LIFE--
kurissuS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 09:47 AM   #6
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by adey
I looked at it a few days ago, and would seriously consider joining... but I'm just not turned on by the fact that we only get to drive their Mazda 6s. If it were the RX8, it'd be a completely different story, but now that I have LSD... I don't think I would be able to deal with the chronic understeer of those things.

In short, I'm not signing up. I'm saving the $40 for the next Drift Showoff-- now THAT'S what I call a good deal!!

preach on brotha! amen!

im in the same boat. i can waste 40 bucks on something else rather then a 30 second drive in a car that will probably be won by some pro/semi-pro driver.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:44 PM   #7
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
the3SecondJerk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
kinda close to chicago......milwaukee
Old 03-06-2003, 02:49 PM   #8
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I think you only get 2 practice runs, and then 2 timed runs...
Old 04-06-2003, 11:49 AM   #9
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
Me and like 5 other people I know are signed up for this.. should be fun, and I just can't pass up instruction THAT cheap.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:22 PM   #10
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I signed up for it, Washington DC on sunday morning 7/27.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote