Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #91
kiriyama
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
kiriyama is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Personally i think Walker should have got the win over Pawlak, especially after he smacked the wall and maintained speed and angle like a boss. They said pawlak rode the wall the whole inner circle but walker was right behind him in the same line, judges are blind.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #92
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Judges are not blind, at least not physically. Selective eyesight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #93
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Because a 1200 hp 2J with nitrous to help the bottom end is at SUCH a disadvantage to a v8.. I'm glad Daigo won the championship but just saying.
Thats besides the point imo, anyone could build a high hp anything. And if more guys had high hp i6 there wouldnt be such a hatred for them as there is for v8
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #94
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
Watch the stream again, 7.09.00

Justin.tv - driftstream - Formula DRIFT Round 7 - World Finals starts Oct 12th at 2pm PST

Run 1- Matt leads, Daigo is all over him in the bank but bobbles a little but holds close prox the whole way.
Run 2- Daigo leads, Has a gap in the bank, Matt smacks the wall in the inner bank but doesn't spin, doesn't hold the same prox.

OMT
Run 3- Matt leads, Matt is low in the bank while Daigo is high, Daigo is within one car length throughout the course.
Run 4- Daigo leads, Matt smacks the wall again in the inner bank.

The judges said it was Matt running low bank on his lead that cost him the match. Daigo Saito wins fair and square.
+1

Most people think hitting a wall and continuing a drift is an advantage point. Which it isn't
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #95
HAWAII
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
HAWAII is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
They are all controlled by big corp., the big sponsored guy has to win or else big corp will drop their backing and then Formula Gay will lose major sponsor and then they have to pay out of their pockets without them, the cash cow will die!

If that happens, who will pay for the lifestyle this so called judges and corp officers?
HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #96
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The judges said it was Matt running low bank on his lead that cost him the match. Daigo Saito wins fair and square.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #97
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
lol read this. /thread

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/...justin-pawlak/
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #98
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAII View Post
They are all controlled by big corp., the big sponsored guy has to win or else big corp will drop their backing and then Formula Gay will lose major sponsor and then they have to pay out of their pockets without them, the cash cow will die!

If that happens, who will pay for the lifestyle this so called judges and corp officers?
Ford is sponsoring formula drift and gitton lost in top 16

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #99
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Well you can't hide a blatant spin without anything touching him

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #100
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
JTP made it pretty far, another Ford driver. I tend to not think its Ford so much as Falken lining pockets, at least in the first part of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #101
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I honestly don't see the benefit of swaying the judging.. Regardless the most avid watchers of formula d (us whether we like it or not) will continue to use a 240sx and federal tires. Vaughn Gittin Jr winning all the time hasn't made me want to go out and buy falken tires or a mustang. The sponsors getting the most out of the deal are the suspension guys imo. I want KW suspension and I want PBM errythang simply because its stuff I can strive to afford and put it on my (you guessed it) 240sx.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #102
Beas
Zilvia Member

Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
yeah, this really worries me. the last thing i want to see at a drift event is ford all over the place. im not sure how the sponsorships work, but i know ford will want to see thier cars winning, and FD wants money, soooo....
Beas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #103
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ford has been in formula drift for quite some time now. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing either. Look how many s-chassis cars are in fd, it gets boring as fuck to watch yet another lsx swapped s13/14 every two seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #104
doug200t
Leaky Injector

doug200t is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to doug200t
Politics and money rule FD. its quite apparent but hey its what makes this franchise make money time and time again. I remember saying who the hell is achillies tires now they are all over FD

http://www.iwannagofast.net [url]
doug200t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #105
kiriyama
Leaky Injector

kiriyama is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree that its nice to see a lot of variety in cars out there, even if its not under the hood. But id also like to see some variety on the podiums. JR and JTP seemed like there were up there an awful lot, and ive seen some rad performances this season coming from other drivers. When it really comes down to it, i just dont think you can ever ACCURATELY judge drifting. If you ask 5 different people who they think the best drifter is you'll probably get 5 different responses, because everybody likes to see something different. Setting rules and guidelines to what is and isnt a "proper drift" just spoils all the fun of the sport. I used to think that FD was a goal for drifters to aspire to become, but ever since the sport became so popular it seems like its all about the sponsors, with little to do with the driving anymore. I dont speak japanese, but i enjoy watching D1GP from time to time, how is that judged? Just out of curiosity..
Old 10-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #106
Aroddalobster
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Aroddalobster will become famous soon enoughAroddalobster will become famous soon enoughAroddalobster will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiriyama View Post
I dont speak japanese, but i enjoy watching D1GP from time to time, how is that judged? Just out of curiosity..
For qualifying: line, speed (they obviously expect higher entry from higher powered cars), angle, use of e-brake in the dry, length of throttle input, and probably a few more things that the judges subconsciously put in as factors of scores.

for tandems, line, angle, and for the follower, how close or inside they can get to the lead.
Aroddalobster is offline   Reply With Quote