Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #61
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnoi View Post
Hey guys,

I'm actually new to drifting, but have always been a fan, WAAAAAY before tokyo drift and all that other nonsense coming from the new "scene". I'm not going to pose and act like I know anything about drifting or act like I actually do, because I dont.

But I've always wanted to hit up a track to LEARN. But I've always been scared because I dont want to get flamed or dissed for being a complete noob. Are people at the track nice/willing to give advice to someone wanting to learn? I'm pretty self conscious about what other people think, but at the same time I want to grow and learn more about what its like to drift. I love spectating, but I actually want to be the one behind the wheel. So I was just wondering what it's like to hit up the track, and the experience drivers have with fellow drivers on the same track. I guess the main point im trying to ask is:
What's the best way to learn this sport. I know you guys are giving advice and techniques, but is it best to just start out at a track and have other drivers help?

Sorry if you think i'm thread jacking, but I didnt want to strat a new thread. Im trying to keep it to the topic of techniques and learning, but everyone mentions the track and I was just interested what track experience is like.

thanks
yeah, come to the 626 event, or any other event that offers "instructors" and has a beginer group.

We have guys out there that cant even get a donut down.
and that can be you too, lol
it was all of us at one time.
It was me for a couple events

The thing with the track is,

ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THEN ANYWHERE!!
Everyone at the track is cool.
Everyone is stoked you are there.
Everyone has a smile on their face
Everyone helps out each other.

Its a completely different scene then this forum, or Adams track show, or "street drifters".

Most guys that track, dont post much as its a waste of time to argue with someone that doesnt even drive.
You get lucky and have guys like turns101 and flybert chime in once in awhile, like in this thread.
But the general attitute people have here is not that of people that participate in motorsports on the track.

Forum people are like football fans.
All talk, but dont play any organized division/actually track their cars.
They think cause they played in HS/drifted a couple events 4 years ago, they have room to talk.
They play a game of touch football with some friends/street drift a corner, once in awhile, they still know how to do it.

No one at the track talks ANY shit.
We are all just happy to be in like peoples company.
Come to the track and join the family of people that actually drive their cars and support and are involved in motorsports.

When your at the track, being part of something, and you look down and see cars running big willow or streets, you really feel part of something great with alot of history.
Everyone is there for motorsports, no matter what kind,or level, we all share a passion.
There are no tools or noobs at the track.
We are all enthusiest.

Wether it is drift day, just drift, 626, or anyone else that is established and willing to teach.
Just get out their and join the community.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #62
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
yeah, come to the 626 event, or any other event that offers "instructors" and has a beginer group.

We have guys out there that cant even get a donut down.
and that can be you too, lol
it was all of us at one time.
It was me for a couple events

The thing with the track is,

ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THEN ANYWHERE!!
Everyone at the track is cool.
Everyone is stoked you are there.
Everyone has a smile on their face
Everyone helps out each other.

Its a completely different scene then this forum, or Adams track show, or "street drifters".

Most guys that track, dont post much as its a waste of time to argue with someone that doesnt even drive.
You get lucky and have guys like turns101 and flybert chime in once in awhile, like in this thread.
But the general attitute people have here is not that of people that participate in motorsports on the track.

Forum people are like football fans.
All talk, but dont play any organized division/actually track their cars.
They think cause they played in HS/drifted a couple events 4 years ago, they have room to talk.
They play a game of touch football with some friends/street drift a corner, once in awhile, they still know how to do it.

No one at the track talks ANY shit.
We are all just happy to be in like peoples company.
Come to the track and join the family of people that actually drive their cars and support and are involved in motorsports.

When your at the track, being part of something, and you look down and see cars running big willow or streets, you really feel part of something great with alot of history.
Everyone is there for motorsports, no matter what kind,or level, we all share a passion.
There are no tools or noobs at the track.
We are all enthusiest.

Wether it is drift day, just drift, 626, or anyone else that is established and willing to teach.
Just get out their and join the community.
devin is excluded from this bold text. after last event...he is official all time noob.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #63
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Well i will be out there for sure... the no talkin shit thing and cool people is true.. and its another reason I love the sport. Ive met so many cool people in this sport I cant count. Get out there and do your best with what you got then start working on what you need to practice on to enhance your technique.

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<

Last edited by jspec240; 04-01-2010 at 10:33 PM..
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #64
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
Well i will be out there for sure... the no talkin shit thing and cool people is true.. and its another reason I love the sport. Ive met so many cool people in this sport I cant count. Get out there and do your best with what you got then start working on what you need to practice on to get some enhance your technique.
oh no....you WILL be drifting by the end of the day...working on your technique! lol
Old 04-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #65
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONhXY7wXQU0

mmmm transition
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #66
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
that was dope.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #67
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnoi View Post
Hey guys,

I'm actually new to drifting, but have always been a fan, WAAAAAY before tokyo drift and all that other nonsense coming from the new "scene". I'm not going to pose and act like I know anything about drifting or act like I actually do, because I dont.

But I've always wanted to hit up a track to LEARN. But I've always been scared because I dont want to get flamed or dissed for being a complete noob. Are people at the track nice/willing to give advice to someone wanting to learn? I'm pretty self conscious about what other people think, but at the same time I want to grow and learn more about what its like to drift. I love spectating, but I actually want to be the one behind the wheel. So I was just wondering what it's like to hit up the track, and the experience drivers have with fellow drivers on the same track. I guess the main point im trying to ask is:
What's the best way to learn this sport. I know you guys are giving advice and techniques, but is it best to just start out at a track and have other drivers help?

Sorry if you think i'm thread jacking, but I didnt want to strat a new thread. Im trying to keep it to the topic of techniques and learning, but everyone mentions the track and I was just interested what track experience is like.

thanks
the whole point of going to the track is to learn...dont be skerd...
hell im only 2 events in...and im still a noob, cant even initiate consistantly or donut (yeah im the noob castro was pointing out, thanks babe) and know jack shit...

my first event was horrid...second event not as bad...next couple of events i should be ok...it fucking takes time...

im just limited...my tree trunk of my leg covers my ebrake, so i cant use it...might just invest in a hydro...lol, but like Castro would say, dont be a tard, practice the basics (I.E. donuts figure 8's) and then worry about fine tuning little shit after...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #68
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Yea I love the track so much. Hella cool people and everyone's down to help or learn and just bs.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #69
turns101
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
turns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turns101
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
I want to drive a little sparkly car! lol
Not sparkly anymore

Eric C always rocks out the info..
Old 04-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #70
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
oh no....you WILL be drifting by the end of the day...working on your technique! lol
lol I know I will, I have held a couple of my own events. Im not an amature but Im not a pro either I was referring to the flipnol when said he was new and wanted to learn more....

Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #71
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by turns101 View Post
Not sparkly anymore

Eric C always rocks out the info..
saw that earlier.
I like the new color.
your car will get noticed alot more and look great in pics i think.

diggin the rest of the work on it too.

thanks,
i try to make up for my entertaining post, rants and "scene" cleansing by putting in some effort on a few threads a month, lol.
figure its my premie duty.
And i got plenty to share in the non turbo, low HP area.

You got a turbo, i cant help to much.
I got bad form with high HP, on and off the gas like a bass drum peddle, lol.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #72
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Sick miata^^ I had a miata fly by me in Osaka. I saw him pulled over and he had 13btt putting out 450ps, I love rotarys and the way they sound but they dont last too long unless you pay mucho doe.

Ive really been lookin at miatas latley and am in the process of gettin one for my wife..

Im goin for a look similar to this and installing an sr20de.

they have awesome handling to begin with and dont need much HP :_)

Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #73
turns101
Zilvia Junkie

turns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey man, I didnt forget where I came from.. I remember low HP. Trust me. I had to change my pedal modulation and timing alot..

You keep it real bro, and I like it..

I am glad you like the car. You going to long beach??
Old 04-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #74
turns101
Zilvia Junkie

Jspec
The Miata is great. I wouldnt say great for drift, but great beside that.
The one in the pic will be a nightmare on the street and ride like shit. The bumpsteer will chip your teeth. It will look dope though.. You will need to do a shit ton of work under those fenders to fit the bad ass wheels.

I will always have a miata in my life..
Old 04-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #75
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

damn.... well I guess Ill be hittin you up when I get one for info.. lol...

Im goin to LB I also got an invite to the after party from JR so LMK if you guys would like to roll Ive had a couple partys for them so he hooks me up..

Old 04-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #76
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

You got a turbo, i cant help to much.
I got bad form with high HP, on and off the gas like a bass drum peddle, lol.
Yeah, no kidding on the Turbo Non-Loveness.. Start calling you Clutch Eater .. or Clutch , Master Turbo Exploder ... Haha even though it 'technically wasn't your fault, i still found it Hilarious!!

On that, I hope you make it out to the May events, would like to have you and fckillerbee in my corner for instruction to get me caught up to date, since its been like 5 years since i actually hit a track ..

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:59 AM   #77
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

another technique is having your right foot on the brake and gas at the same time... I know they use it during the turn but isnt throttle control enough. Im guessing that its used for correcting a mistake...

any info would be useful.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #78
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I've never tried trail-braking mid drift. Only during circuit driving. If I'm braking during a drift, it is either brake, or gas. Haven't tried both yet.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:58 AM   #79
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I like to start the drift with the clutch.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #80
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

I really want to thank everyone for great input and keeping this thread on track with no sh!t talkin... Very valuable information and a special thanks to Eric!!

Old 04-14-2010, 02:18 AM   #81
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
hey flipnoi don't be afraid or shy to come out to the track. I remember my first time at the track earlier this year, i was shooting bricks!. But when i got there all the pressure was off and i had a blast. I am also running a sohc KA. I started out with donuts/8's and by they end of the day they told me to try the full course on balcony. To this day i still don't have the course down, im having trouble with transitions and such. An important key is track time, so that you are able to learn your cars reactions and try out different techniques.

let me warn you, going to the track is addicting!! haha
Old 04-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #82
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i've just read this whole thread and makes me want to go to these track events. i was mainly a grip driver and always wanted to learn how to drift. many of my friends go to track events and they are much more better than me. i feel the same way on what flipnoi said and makes me feel welcome if i ever go to a track event. i'll be probably be attending the suckafoosickness event since my brother and his friends are hosting that event.

im glad everyone in this thread made it comfortable for beginners to learn at the track, and hopefully you guys can give us noobs some pointers. i'll be reading this thread from now on.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #83
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
man i wish i could drift.. my cars been sitting for 2 whole years and the whole build was to be for drift but now it just sits -__- ill still read up on this stuff so if somday i can ill know what im doing. or.. well some what know.. i think no matter how much you study when you get in the car it kind of clears out your mind .
Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #84
GT Motion
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
GT Motion is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
another technique is having your right foot on the brake and gas at the same time... I know they use it during the turn but isnt throttle control enough. Im guessing that its used for correcting a mistake...

any info would be useful.
The technique you are probably thinking of is left foot braking. If you can learn how to left foot brake correctly, and master all the other techniques there will never be a turn you can't handle.

If you are sliding towards a tight turn, when you close in on the apex you can keep a decent amount of speed, and where you would normally start drifting out wide on the exit, you can use your left foot to work the brake pedal, and keep your right foot on the gas. This will slow the front wheels and you can maneuver the rear end around with the gas while having more control of the cars position than if you just were working the throttle.
GT Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #85
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
i've just read this whole thread and makes me want to go to these track events. i was mainly a grip driver and always wanted to learn how to drift. many of my friends go to track events and they are much more better than me. i feel the same way on what flipnoi said and makes me feel welcome if i ever go to a track event. i'll be probably be attending the suckafoosickness event since my brother and his friends are hosting that event.

im glad everyone in this thread made it comfortable for beginners to learn at the track, and hopefully you guys can give us noobs some pointers. i'll be reading this thread from now on.
Yeah, track is the shitttttttt. I'm always down to help out and inform/instruct at the track. Nobody hates at the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
man i wish i could drift.. my cars been sitting for 2 whole years and the whole build was to be for drift but now it just sits -__- ill still read up on this stuff so if somday i can ill know what im doing. or.. well some what know.. i think no matter how much you study when you get in the car it kind of clears out your mind .
Why is your car not running? No point building a car that just sits. It's dumb. You don't need much to drift. Get it running and go out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Motion View Post
The technique you are probably thinking of is left foot braking. If you can learn how to left foot brake correctly, and master all the other techniques there will never be a turn you can't handle.

If you are sliding towards a tight turn, when you close in on the apex you can keep a decent amount of speed, and where you would normally start drifting out wide on the exit, you can use your left foot to work the brake pedal, and keep your right foot on the gas. This will slow the front wheels and you can maneuver the rear end around with the gas while having more control of the cars position than if you just were working the throttle.
I'll have to try this next time I'm out.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:09 AM   #86
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
mel once my car is ready, you're gonna give me pointers d
Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #87
iSLYD

iSLYD is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys i gotta rb20de with an hks intake filter and an exhaust in a four door 32 check my build thread, thing is i am gettin a det like next week but want some tips for my lower powered na car for kickin her out, all i seem to be able to do is rev in first and mabey rev match into second and she'll slide a bit.. any tips would be appreciated
iSLYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #88
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

cfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to cfrost
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSLYD View Post
hey guys i gotta rb20de with an hks intake filter and an exhaust in a four door 32 check my build thread, thing is i am gettin a det like next week but want some tips for my lower powered na car for kickin her out, all i seem to be able to do is rev in first and mabey rev match into second and she'll slide a bit.. any tips would be appreciated
Go as fast as you can before you do anything... that's probably the cardinal rule for lower powered cars. All within what you're safe doing, that is.

The best thing to keep in mind is that it's good to go online and see what everyone's doing, but you'll learn a lot more a lot faster at the track asking someone with more experience to ride along or to drive your car
Old 04-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #89
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Yeah, track is the shitttttttt. I'm always down to help out and inform/instruct at the track. Nobody hates at the track.

Why is your car not running? No point building a car that just sits. It's dumb. You don't need much to drift. Get it running and go out!

I'll have to try this next time I'm out.
well.. my motor is bad.. and i lost my job.. so the car is just not coming together as fast as i wish it could.. im not like every other guy on here that can afford all the parts in 2 months im not rich all i can do is sell things when i can and when i do then i can get a part or 2 but untill i somehow get another job the cars just not gonna run.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #90
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrost View Post
Go as fast as you can before you do anything... that's probably the cardinal rule for lower powered cars. All within what you're safe doing, that is.

The best thing to keep in mind is that it's good to go online and see what everyone's doing, but you'll learn a lot more a lot faster at the track asking someone with more experience to ride along or to drive your car
I agree with Colin. An important part of learning is riding in cars with people who are better drivers than you. Letting instructors drive your car is also a good thing because you can mimic their techniques and you know it will work in your car because they just did it in your car.

Occasionally, instructors like myself sometimes have a difficult time drifting student's cars the first lap or two due to improper setup of the car. I can usually give people advice on how to better set up their cars for better consistency especially if it's s-chassis related. That is also another good reason to let an instructor drive your car.

I even drive other staff members cars to help them try and diagnose what's wrong with their setup. There is always room for improvement. I remember letting Ryan Tuerck drive my car before I rebuilt it from the bottom up when he came out to one of our ASB's and it gave me a better idea on how to setup my car when he gave me his feedback. I was still stuck in the lower is cooler trend and he noticed that my front tires were bottoming out under transition at Balcony but since I had grown so accustomed to it, it felt normal to me. I was supposed to drive his FD s13 coupe later on so that I could feel what a well setup s13 felt like but I never got around to it because him and I were so hung over and we both got a late start the next day at HTM. We had time for a nice tandem battle where my car got smoked because it didn't drift as fast and I finally realized the difference between a "cool" drift car and a well setup FD s13 is like.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote