Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Misfiring... fuel pump issue?

What's going on zilvia.

Have a '92 coupe, ka24de. Recently, I've been having a problem with misfiring. It started a while back, after I had owned the car for a few months. Only things done to the motor are an oil change. Motor started misfiring the third cyl after my buddy and I fixed my clutch, and he goosed it. It misfired for a while, I drove it home, woke up for work, and low and behold, it didn't misfire. It would occasionally misfire for a couple weeks, so I went ahead and changed my dizzy cap and rotor. When I pulled the cap off, it looked as though the rotor was scraping the top half of the cap, but not the bottom.. Odd. But I changed it, and no problems for a while. Recently, the car would misfire, starting in 5th gear, and then it'd return to being fine, all while driving around. Now, when I start it, and get up to 4th or 5th, after a bit, it'll misfire basically until I turn it off, with the occasional returning to normal. Cleaned the MAF today, and still no result. Car idles high too, around 1500 or so. I'm thinking it could be my fuel pump, as I no longer hear it priming at half key. Any suggestions? Spark plugs checked, they're fine. Haven't changed the spark plug wires yet, but I have a feeling it's a fuel issue. Help would be much appreciated, I'm tired of driving it around on a misfire, because it's my daily.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:45 AM   #2
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Boost leak issue mostly...
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
???
I think he said he has a ka24....
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
How do you know it's mis firing #3?
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #5
s14boy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
s14boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
its not going to miss fire a single cylinder due to a fuel pump most likely a loose wire. and also what did you to to tell it was #3?

-Mike
s14boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
SharkMan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
SharkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
I'm guessing that you mean a vacuum leak, based on the high idle. And of course seeing how it is n/a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14boy View Post
its not going to miss fire a single cylinder due to a fuel pump most likely a loose wire. and also what did you to to tell it was #3?

-Mike
Op just as questioned before exactly what evidence are you going by that's showing you that cylinder #3 is the the problem? More detail will help to present more accurate advice. Your buddy doing the clutch isn't going to cause this unless somehow during the process something non clutch related was damaged during the installation of the clutch.

You need to check out your fuel and in air intake and spark. Make sure your getting good spark in all cylinders, make sure maf isn't faulting, make sure your getting fuel(injectors faulting, fuel pressure, fuel filter being clogged/bad). There are plenty of things you need to check then update on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Front hugs or from behind hugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240 View Post
The Black Star Ninja is my real father...
SharkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
???
I think he said he has a ka24....
Ok so "leak somewhere between the maf and the cylinder head". Does it sound better ? Boost or vacuum leak, that is just the same, it should be called intake leak.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote