Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
K_never_broke_again
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
K_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sr heater lines- does feed/return matter?

Hey guys, Im setting up heater core lines on my sr/240sx swap, but Im not sure which way to route them. I've done a good deal of research on it, and I've heard some people say it doesn't matter which way you route the lines into the heater core. Is this true? I don't really know how this could be the case because the oem heater line valve when closed would cut off the coolant going to the turbo, at least thats my understanding of it. If anyone has any knowledge on this it would be great to know. Right now i have my lines set up like this- top of heater core line(with oem cable valve) going to the hardline that ends under/inside the intake manifold- and long hardline(with turbo coolant line) which wraps around the back of the engine looping back to the lower heater core port. Based on a few pics i've seen i think this is wrong, but let me know
K_never_broke_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
duballstar37
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
duballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Sounds like you have it backwards... You can cut the hardline (shown below) or just route it back to the correct side.

Last edited by duballstar37; 10-08-2019 at 01:13 PM..
duballstar37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #3
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
you should also be able to tell if its backwards if you have heat when your car is running and the selector is set to cold...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
you should also be able to tell if its backwards if you have heat when your car is running and the selector is set to cold...
Doesnt work that way
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote