Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
Dilbert11

Trader Rating: (0)
Dilbert11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 with s14 sr20 wont stay running, and gauges dont work....helppp

ok, I have and 1997 s14 with a zenki sr20det with 480cc injector z 32 maf with stock ecu and a untuned safc 2. The car only starts if i put it on a slow charge for at least 2 days. when it starts it will idle for a few seconds then die out i can keep it running if i keep revving it up high soon as i let off of it it dies. I've tested the alternator its fine I have also checked the cas took it out and spun it injectors click fine. None of the gauges work but all the lights come on as normal, the safc 2 is reading volts and throttle position but it is not getting a tach signal. I also have the conversion harness from wiring specialities, and new fuel pump.

Need help to know where to go from here anything i can check, how to know if you have a bad ecu or could it be a bad sensor, or could the timing cause this ??
Dilbert11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
nissanfreak317
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
nissanfreak317 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
How does it run with stock 370cc injectors and stock maf?

You really shouldn't be screwing with that stuff unless you are an experienced tuner.

Get a new battery and take it to a shop.
nissanfreak317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Dilbert11

Trader Rating: (0)
Dilbert11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what do you mean dont mess with stuff unless your an experienced tuner?? haha I was gonna take it to get it tuned after I put it together cause it didnt come with a maf and the injectos got fucked up so i put 480cc in it so i dont have stock replacments, its been in and out of the shop and a grand poorer trying to find this problem and it does have a new battery, the shop told me its the ecu but i wanted to see if any would could help cause i really didnt agree with it cause it will run some times , not to tell me to take it to a shop ha
Dilbert11 is offline   Reply With Quote