Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:26 AM   #1
connor116

Trader Rating: (0)
connor116 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What are these fuse box wires!?

Howdy all!
So in the attached picture, you will see the engine fuse box in my 1991 s13 hatch. The previous owner thought it would be an awesome idea to just cut off all the connectors that lead to the fuse box so now I am trying to figure out what they go to. The two thicker wires in the middle I confirmed are the starter wire and alternator wire. The 7 leftmost wires are the fuse box interface connections. However, what has me stumped is what are the three rightmost wires!? I emailed Wiring Specialties and even they didn't know what those wires went to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X1x...ew?usp=sharing

- Connor
connor116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
AvrilPress

Trader Rating: (0)
AvrilPress is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi...my guess is the positive wires on the white connector will be the main power supplies for the fusebox. That's why everything shut down when you disconnected it. Those wires will originate at the main fuse links inside the engine bay fusebox.
Maybe if you tell us what it is your trying to do we might be able to offer some advice?

https://www.7pcb.com/

Last edited by AvrilPress; 09-09-2021 at 03:42 PM..
AvrilPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
...download the fsm and ull have ur answers
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:04 PM   #4
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by connor116 View Post
Howdy all!
So in the attached picture, you will see the engine fuse box in my 1991 s13 hatch. The previous owner thought it would be an awesome idea to just cut off all the connectors that lead to the fuse box so now I am trying to figure out what they go to. The two thicker wires in the middle I confirmed are the starter wire and alternator wire. The 7 leftmost wires are the fuse box interface connections. However, what has me stumped is what are the three rightmost wires!? I emailed Wiring Specialties and even they didn't know what those wires went to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X1x...ew?usp=sharing

- Connor
You?re probably better off finding a harness from a car being parted...
Old 07-11-2020, 08:50 AM   #5
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Heres a little help:

Thick black with yellow to starter solenoid connector

Thick white to battery positive or alternator depending on which one it is

Yellow with white to oil pressure switch

Yellow with blue and yellow with black to speed sensor

White with red to alternator connector

Green with blue and green with white to reverse light switch

Not sure what the white with purple, the purple with blue, or that black with silver dot go to. Probably in the fsm. Probably have something to do with headlights. You could always split the fuse box apart and trace the wire
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote