Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2015, 05:18 AM   #1
Kangeroo_Song

Trader Rating: (0)
Kangeroo_Song is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car shipping service?

I'm in need of a reliable car shipping service. I was wondering if anyone on here has used a shipping company before or knows of one? I'm moving soon and I'm looking for a company I can trust with my car.
Kangeroo_Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
skimmpysb
Zilvia Junkie

skimmpysb is an unknown quantity at this point
uship.com
message length
Old 04-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Uship is cool but you ask for one quote and get like 30 emails and phone calls to follow. Whoever you go with just make sure they have insurance for the transport value (not just their vehicle cargo value) and go thru a reliable broker.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Kangeroo_Song

Thank you.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #5
rsportsye
BANNED

rsportsye is an unknown quantity at this point
Uship is cool but you ask for one quote and get like 30 emails and phone calls to follow.
rsportsye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #6
StatticMyke
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
StatticMyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Uship is cool but you ask for one quote and get like 30 emails and phone calls to follow. Whoever you go with just make sure they have insurance for the transport value (not just their vehicle cargo value) and go thru a reliable broker.
This is real^^ I looked into having a car shipped a year or so ago and they probably continued calling for a couple months. Super annoying.
StatticMyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:30 AM   #7
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
Coast to coast auto transportation. No broker and insured. I work for them and we take pride in our job. Where are you moving from and to
Old 04-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #8
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This thread interests me, because I need to ship about 5 cars from San Francisco to Chicago, and back.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #9
Kangeroo_Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
This thread interests me, because I need to ship about 5 cars from San Francisco to Chicago, and back.
Thanks to roninwon I'm getting the help I need.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:30 PM   #10
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Coast to coast doesn't offer Houston to San Diego route? Coast of the gulf to coast of the pacific....I don't get it why they would name a company something it doesn't do. I kid
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:36 PM   #11
Kangeroo_Song

Yeah I was just told the same that they don't go the route that I need.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
Kangeroo_Song

I still need help!!!! I have my car listed on uship but it's taking to long for someone to bid. I need someone asap!! If anyone knows of someone please lmk alot of these companies on google have bad reviews.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:59 AM   #13
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've heard of people shipping cars for ~500 coast to coast. Is the price to transport still in that ballpark range or has it gone up?
Old 04-30-2015, 10:00 AM   #14
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops* View Post
I've heard of people shipping cars for ~500 coast to coast. Is the price to transport still in that ballpark range or has it gone up?
It cost me more than that to get one from New Mexico to Southern California.

It has definitely gone up.

This was after shopping around, too.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #15
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
It cost me more than that to get one from New Mexico to Southern California.

It has definitely gone up.

This was after shopping around, too.
Would you mind sharing some insight on your gatherings from shopping around? Who did you end up going through?
Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #16
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I used uship.

They never called me though. The only time I actually spoke to someone was when I accepted their bid and finalized everything with that transport company.

Montway was a company I've used a few times over the years. Open auto transport.

Honestly, I'm not too picky when it comes to transporting a car. As long as the car shows up in once piece, no new dings/dents/scratches, I'm happy. I don't mind a dirty car (from the elements).

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #17
btlegacy

btlegacy is an unknown quantity at this point
Search on google and try to find direct numbers for companies. Brokers work well but you can save many working directly with a company
btlegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #18
EnnEssEnnKAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
EnnEssEnnKAT can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I shipped a saturn ion redline from my home in southern NH to a house in kentucky and it cost the buyer $450 through uship
EnnEssEnnKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:48 PM   #19
johnnydoughert

johnnydoughert is on the path to ruinjohnnydoughert is on the path to ruin
RE: Car shipping service?

Another option is shipping your car terminal-to-terminal. In this fashion, you would be dropping your car off at a pre-determined terminal and picking it up from another terminal. This option may seem cheaper, but with storing fees and transportation cost, it can cost similar to a door-to-door ship. You have to decided if you want to ship your car in an open or enclosed trailer. If you want your car to be more protected and don’t mind spending a little more money, opt to get your car shipping in a enclosed trailer. Learn more here: BRI freight forwarders USA to Australia

Last edited by johnnydoughert; 07-26-2020 at 03:29 PM..
johnnydoughert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:46 AM   #20
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Call shipping companies and ask......
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:48 AM   #21
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
+1 shop around...when i got my Sti from texas to new mexico was 600...when i purchased large toolbox from california to ship to me was almost 900...i use Bourne Logistics and they do the calling around for the most part...great people!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:42 AM   #22
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Not for nothing, it costed me $750 from El Paso, TX to Rehoboth, MA. If you call around, you'll find a deal. Best deals will come from the last few spots on a trailer when a carrier just wants to fill the load.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #23
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Yall realize hes talking about international shipping..Australia.....
Old 07-22-2020, 12:18 PM   #24
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
We are aware. He didn't state it's going out of his home country. The suggestions are not just US-only suggestions but can be used in any country.

And even if he was leaving the country, the vehicle still needs to be transported to a port before they're transported.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #25
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
We are aware. He didn't state it's going out of his home country. The suggestions are not just US-only suggestions but can be used in any country.

And even if he was leaving the country, the vehicle still needs to be transported to a port before they're transported.

Gotcha
Old 07-22-2020, 01:14 PM   #26
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Had a Pathfinder shipped from CT to CA two months ago. What I've learned is that depending on how soon you need the vehicle also determines how much or high you're going to pay to have your vehicle picked up. The higher the quote, the sooner the vehicle will be picked up. The lower the quote, the later the vehicle will be picked up. There was a storage fee accumulation per day where the Pathfinder was so to ensure I had the vehicle picked up in a few days, I ended up going with a higher amount of $1200 instead of going with broker that quoted me $900.

Just remember that all these "shipping companies" you're dealing with are just brokers. They put up your vehicle for bid and it just depends on the drivers to pick and choose or counter offer what their price is. From reading a lot of reviews...the cheapest rates given can delay your vehicle pickup by 30 days or more.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #27
sean2000gt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
sean2000gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just had my kouki shipped from maryland to florida last month. i was quoted 750 for open trailer and 1050 for enclosed. I went through dealers choice which locates a broker. Ended up getting the car shipped with horsepower logisitics which is a business based out of florida. i called dealers choice at 8am and they had the car picked up at 1 pm. had it in florida the next day around 3pm. lol. was expensive but due to being able to source a driver, pick up same day, and get the car shipped in an enclosed trailer (lowered), I was pleased. I asked for quotes from numerous of the normal shipping companies and they all were in the same price range.
sean2000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #28
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
Just remember that all these "shipping companies" you're dealing with are just brokers. They put up your vehicle for bid and it just depends on the drivers to pick and choose or counter offer what their price is. From reading a lot of reviews...the cheapest rates given can delay your vehicle pickup by 30 days or more.
Yea that's something I wish I knew before I shipped both of my vehicles, brokers honestly don't care about you once they take your money.

My Honda Accord from Indianapolis to Seattle was $1000 open, did this 7 months ago
My S13 from Indianapolis to Seattle was $1200 enclosed, did this 4 months ago.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:23 PM   #29
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Best bet is to ask your local drift friends or dudes from that areas drift club to give them the first crack. They're generally way cheaper and if the distance isn't something retarded, you'll probably make out. I also once flew to a car and rented a truck/trailer while I was there and drove it back. There are many avenues - you just have to research and make sure it fits the plan.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:07 AM   #30
heliontr

heliontr is an unknown quantity at this point
If it's gonna be shipped overseas, it's gonna be expensive.
heliontr is offline   Reply With Quote