Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-04-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
nismo240sxdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Interior Wiring help please

Alright. I've spent all day long trying to figure this out and am still stumped. Please, if you have any suggestions for things to check let me know. Getting desperate at this point.

Car:1989 S13 Hatch

Issue: I have no power to roughly 70% of my interior wiring. I had a shop put a cage in my car and after reassembling the car I have loads of electrical issues. The car had zero issues before being taken apart. Wiring harness was not removed from the car, but the dash bar was, and all electrical components removed.

Things working: Headlights turn on, brake lights, hazards, horn, blower motor controls, ignition, and starter (car will start)
-Also, all of these things still work, even with both the Accessory and ignition relays unplugged....

Things not working: Dash lights, windows/mirriors, taillights, interior lighting, wipers, blinkers, headlight motors, mirror adjustment controls, cig lighter

Things checked/gone over: All 5 interior grounds, all engine bay grounds, checked all plugs under the dash for firm connection, 75 AMP alternator fuse is still good, checked all fuses in the kick panel, and all fuses in engine bay.

I've been studying the wiring diagrams all day and checking anything that I can think of. Please help if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Last edited by nismo240sxdrifter; 04-04-2021 at 05:21 PM..
nismo240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2021, 05:54 PM   #2
nismo240sxdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Figured it out after two days. The screw on the front of the SMJ board had backed out and was not the giant harness plug was not fully seated.
nismo240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote