Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-13-2021, 10:44 AM   #31
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
If you watch that video I posted the guy that works at Prince Nissan describes the process and reasoning behind replacing everything rather than doing the bushings themselves.

Makes sense to me.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2021, 03:28 PM   #32
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
BS?
Its funny that you continually presented facts to support your claims, and he didn't. That's pretty telling.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:16 PM   #33
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Its funny that you continually presented facts to support your claims, and he didn't. That's pretty telling.
well everyone that wanted to push back on my replies went radio silence... I'm just waiting for someone to call me out on my "BS"

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #34
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
well everyone that wanted to push back on my replies went radio silence... I'm just waiting for someone to call me out on my "BS"
Problem is we're arguing two different things and it became a moot point, so why continue?

You are arguing why a low-run OEM part is more expensive then a high-run OEM part or an aftermarket part.

I'm asking if the low-run OEM part actually is better or different then the high-run OEM part as I've seen data to suggest it's just "marketing". In the case some parts are "better" which are and which are not?

Example :

RB Oil Pumps are garbage. They have two flat surfaces that get beat on by a crank that's keyway is to short - even the long snout crank is to short.

Pumps fail because the uneven beatings cause the sintered steal gear to explode. (it's powered metal).

We have 3 OEM Pumps.

Regular - $230
N1 - $300 (typical to find for $230) : 15010-24U01
Nismo - $1,400 : 15010-RR580

Now one would think this Nismo pump would fix the issue - exploding gears. But it doesn't. It's not stronger then an Regular or N1 pump.

N1 pump flows the same volume, just at a higher pressure. Nismo flows more volume at a higher pressure. Both use powered metal gears that will explode. Nissan never addressed the pumps failure point.

Aftermarket pumps move to forged metal - and aftermarket solutions move to spline driven collars with forged gears to ensure complete surface contact and even distribution of impact force.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 04:07 PM   #35
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Problem is we're arguing two different things and it became a moot point, so why continue?
Did you not read the previous post where I put together the costs of the Nissan genuine R32 GT-R tension rod vs the Nismo R32 GT-R tension rods, and the differences between the two?

Again, not sure where you're getting your "$200 vs $400" argument but factory R32 tension rods costs $300+ for the pair. Compare that against the almost $400/pair for the Nismo variant with silver paint but harder rubber, I feel the pricing isn't all that unjustified.

If you see factory Nissan, new R32 tension rods for $200/pair, please let me know where to buy. I'd love to stock up on a few.

Edit: The rest of the parts list we can nitpick and go through them one by one.. I'm not. I'm using your first reference point as a basis for comparison because the costs associated with all the individual parts are easily found.

[email protected]
Old 04-27-2021, 05:22 PM   #36
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Did you not read the previous post where I put together the costs of the Nissan genuine R32 GT-R tension rod vs the Nismo R32 GT-R tension rods, and the differences between the two?

Again, not sure where you're getting your "$200 vs $400" argument but factory R32 tension rods costs $300+ for the pair. Compare that against the almost $400/pair for the Nismo variant with silver paint but harder rubber, I feel the pricing isn't all that unjustified.

If you see factory Nissan, new R32 tension rods for $200/pair, please let me know where to buy. I'd love to stock up on a few.

Edit: The rest of the parts list we can nitpick and go through them one by one.. I'm not. I'm using your first reference point as a basis for comparison because the costs associated with all the individual parts are easily found.

Five seconds of looking.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:39 PM   #37
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:

Five seconds of looking.
then why are the R32 GT-R tension rods listed as 54468/54469-05U00? https://www.gtrusablog.com/2017/05/s...line-gt-r.html

Concept Z lists it for $153 each:
https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...00_p_55568.php

I'm guessing this is because of the brake guide mounting points, which is mentioned in the Nismo tension rod description for R32 GT-R. That would explain why the GT-Rs have a different part number...

so if we're trying to compare apples to apples, this secondary info needs to be clear and mentioned.

[email protected]
Old 04-27-2021, 11:18 PM   #38
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
then why are the R32 GT-R tension rods listed as 54468/54469-05U00? https://www.gtrusablog.com/2017/05/s...line-gt-r.html

Concept Z lists it for $153 each:
https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...00_p_55568.php

I'm guessing this is because of the brake guide mounting points, which is mentioned in the Nismo tension rod description for R32 GT-R. That would explain why the GT-Rs have a different part number...

so if we're trying to compare apples to apples, this secondary info needs to be clear and mentioned.

What are we even arguing about?

Nismo Tension Rod = OEM Tension Rod with stiffer rubber and silver paint.

Geometry is the same, steal material is the same. You can buy Nismo bushings and press them in for $100 vs buying the complete GTR rods for $400. $400 maybe worth it to someone who can't push bushings, has bad rods or whatever.

N1 Blocks measure out to be the same as standard
Nismo R Blocks measure out to be the same as standard

Nismo Oil Pump costs more then a billet pump and still has powdered metal gears that shatter - thus fixing none of the serious issues.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:39 AM   #39
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:

Geometry is the same, steal material is the same. You can buy Nismo bushings and press them in for $100 vs buying the complete GTR rods for $400. $400 maybe worth it to someone who can't push bushings, has bad rods or whatever.

N1 Blocks measure out to be the same as standard
Nismo R Blocks measure out to be the same as standard

Nismo Oil Pump costs more then a billet pump and still has powdered metal gears that shatter - thus fixing none of the serious issues.
Dude... your very first post talks about Nissan GTR tension rods for $200 vs Nismo tension rods for $400.

Then I broke down the pricing, showing that the cost spread for GT-R tension rods was closer to ~$50 instead of $200 as you suggested.

That's all. If you used the wrong parts as your price basis then that's fine, we can end here. If not and GTS-T and GT-R are interchangeable parts, then the part numbers tell a different story.

I don't care about any other parts you listed because I have zero first hand experience with them.

[email protected]
Old 04-29-2021, 01:44 AM   #40
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

you're really over-simplifying it

yes, some nismo products are not very worth it. other nismo products, are worth it. how much "worth" depends on you and your budget.
you can say that the nismo power brace is really just a pair of TC brackets with a pipe welded to it, and painted silver. essentially, that is what it is.

the engine/trans mounts are "just" higher durometer rubber, you could just fill the stock ones with urethane for added ridgidity, right?

the bushings are just slightly higher durometer, you could just go with urethane bushings and save a bundle (although urethane sucks, but thats another topic)

these parts dont make your car magically better or faster, but they are indeed an improvement.

that this is even a discussion in 2021 is kinda odd, you would think all of this is common knowledge by now. have you never bought a nismo product before? like i said earlier, they have their place and i like (and use) nismo products but there is a point where the pricing no longer makes sense. anyone in the industry who sells these parts and monitors these prices understands this. anyone else remember when the power brace was like 100 bucks? never hesitated to buy at those prices, but nowadays they are insanely over priced and i would opt to custom-fab/weld

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
My tail lights work. Why the fuck should I run yours?

Same argument, presented just as nicely.
absolutely. thats the equivalent of trying to sell champagne to someone who typically drinks malt liquor.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:18 AM   #41
danbarnett123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
danbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mods close thread please
Old 04-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #42
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbarnett123 View Post
Mods close thread please
why? this is one of the first actual GOOD threads on Zilvia in years.

there is a lot of good information being presented AND debated about without the normal flim flam that usually pops up.

i think im gonna allow this...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:36 AM   #43
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto

...there we go. Thread fixed.