Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #3121
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
AAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD.....

.....we have a winner folks!

Quality bits like always
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #3122
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy sweet **** that exhaust! As nice as it gets...I just couldn't bear seeing it on a winter driven car
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #3123
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
dam evo is looking great man! love all the coil pack covers!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #3124
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Tomei parts just made me wipe myself lol but i gotta ask...why did you buy a "drift knob" for your evo?? I know its your car and you can do what ever you want to it but some local dude here bought a drift knob for his integra and i had to ask him too lol Also just wanted to mention, with as big as these cars are, IMO you should of went with a 350mm Nardi instead of the 330, the smaller look, looks better in an s chassis IMO. Miss the s13 by the way
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #3125
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^ JDM rice
Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #3126
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
A friend of mine suggested the "drift knob" to my wife, haha. But yeah, mostly just a cool little doo-dad. Might be fun in the snow or something? lol.

As for the Nardi, I was really torn between the two for sure. The Evo wheel kind of feels pretty big to me though, so we'll see how I like it I guess. I definitely don't even need a wheel like that in a street car, so I guess I'll toss it in the car and see how I like it!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #3127
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
its all about the doo-dads!!!!
looks great damon
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #3128
mugenjibz

mugenjibz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mugenjibz
coming along great, as expected!

looking forward to more updates!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #3129
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
A friend of mine suggested the "drift knob" to my wife, haha. But yeah, mostly just a cool little doo-dad. Might be fun in the snow or something? lol.

As for the Nardi, I was really torn between the two for sure. The Evo wheel kind of feels pretty big to me though, so we'll see how I like it I guess. I definitely don't even need a wheel like that in a street car, so I guess I'll toss it in the car and see how I like it!

I think a steering wheel change is a must in any car, single handedly the biggest change you can do IMO... Just gives the car a whole new feeling, can't wait to see your other parts installed, glad your updating your build on here lol
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #3130
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Hell yeah Damon. Nice pickup/baby mobile. I could use mine back now too. Searching for my next car now too.

As long as you don't have transfer case problems like I did,it's a great car. My old FQ wanna be circa 2004
MrFairlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #3131
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Now you have to learn the Mitsubishi jdm market lol
Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #3132
MuteTurkey
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
MuteTurkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Read it all from start to finish, and gotta say I was depressed when you sold the TE's and then parted it, but it's for the better. Awesome build, very inspirational. We would be great friends, I'm "building" a black hatch and have had a love for evo 8/9s since I was 13. Can't wait for the updates on the evo!
MuteTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 AM   #3133
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
This thing is RICE
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #3134
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
Hell yeah Damon. Nice pickup/baby mobile. I could use mine back now too. Searching for my next car now too.
[IMG][/IMG]

As long as you don't have transfer case problems like I did,it's a great car. My old FQ wanna be circa 2004
Dang nice! I am really hoping I don't have transfer case or trans issues, haha. Not something I want to spend money on. You sold your hatch right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuteTurkey View Post
Read it all from start to finish, and gotta say I was depressed when you sold the TE's and then parted it, but it's for the better. Awesome build, very inspirational. We would be great friends, I'm "building" a black hatch and have had a love for evo 8/9s since I was 13. Can't wait for the updates on the evo!
Thanks man, appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
This thing is RICE
Needs more DWOLRD.co.jp

Not much progress- I've been on vacation and managed to pick up a pretty nasty cold bug in the process. My HKS 272 cams came today though, so that's pretty cool! I'm hoping to swap my GSC S1 cams out for the HKS ones soon.

As soon as I have the new exhaust, cams, and airbox on the car will be ready for a retune.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #3135
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Well, I finally managed to finish getting the car back on the road last night. I'm typically lucky to get an hour in the garage each night these days, so everything just takes a little longer than it used to. :lol: Here's what I installed:

ARC Ti shift knob (I'll switch between this one and the Tomei one. :lol
ARC Ti exhaust manifold shield
ARC Ti coil pack cover
ARC airbox
Tomei O2 housing
Tomei downpipe
Tomei Ti test pipe
Tomei Ti catback
Tomei oil cap
Wrinkle red powdercoated valve cover
Ceramic coated exhaust manifold
JDM OEM amber sidemarkers

Some lame cell phone pics. I'll have to take some actual shots sometime soon:

Man I need to fix that gross ash tray. :lol:

I'm pretty happy with the bay at this point. I'd like to install my slim battery, HKS cams, and a couple other ARC pieces I have on the way, as well as replace the UICP at some point. Aside from a few other random doo-dads along the way, that's going to take care of the bay for a while.

The next bit I am going to focus on will be suspension components. I'll probably try to order my steering wheel hub and get that installed soon as well. Hopefully the gauges will be done soon too!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #3136
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Yes! An update!!! Slow and steady wins the race lol
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #3137
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
pretty nice stuff going on. Not sure why you would replace the GSC cams with the HKS ones. Seems the GSC stuff has a better powerband and makes more power.... Just for the name?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #3138
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So what happen to not going all out on this one?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #3139
RussellM
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (57)
RussellM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 57 reviews
I must question you on the cam choice too. GSC is a pretty solid choice for cams...why Damon WHY!? Nevermind, you hate MADE IN AMERICA parts.

888-673-4063
RussellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #3140
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
This thread along with the way the "scene" is now is kinda making me rethink wanting to get deaper in my hatch lol, keep up the good work man!
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #3141
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
nice update man! glad to see it coming along
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #3142
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Is the "hate made in America" also the reason you ditched the AMS exhaust parts? Inquiring minds want to know. Because let's face it, when you think of EVOs, their name is always in the conversation.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #3143
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^ I'd imagine it as more to do with an option to buy a titanium exhaust for $1K.

Thanks for the update
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #3144
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
pretty nice stuff going on. Not sure why you would replace the GSC cams with the HKS ones. Seems the GSC stuff has a better powerband and makes more power.... Just for the name?
The GSC cams do indeed make more low end power/torque, especially when used with the stock turbo. Being that this isn't an Autocross car or anything like that, I don't see a problem with switching to cams that will be more responsive up top. In all honesty, I don't need cams in this car. But if I am going to have them, I'd like to enjoy an aggressive idle, which the GSCs simply don't provide.

Not to mention the fact that I scored the HKS cams for $180 shipped from a friend and will be able to get about $400 for the GSC cams, so it will free up a little bit more cash for me. And yes, it's no secret that I clearly prefer parts from Japanese manufacturers for a Japanese car. It's just personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
So what happen to not going all out on this one?
If an intake, exhaust, and a couple of shiny doo-dads is going "all out," then Zilvia has changed a lot more than I thought in the last two months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
I must question you on the cam choice too. GSC is a pretty solid choice for cams...why Damon WHY!? Nevermind, you hate MADE IN AMERICA parts.
Don't you like POPCORN Russell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
This thread along with the way the "scene" is now is kinda making me rethink wanting to get deaper in my hatch lol, keep up the good work man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drscooper View Post
nice update man! glad to see it coming along
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Is the "hate made in America" also the reason you ditched the AMS exhaust parts? Inquiring minds want to know. Because let's face it, when you think of EVOs, their name is always in the conversation.
As I think I stated previously, the AMS system was bastardized to allow for a Megan Racing catback to be used with the system. I don't think even the great Shane would want to run one of those...

If I wanted to change any specific component of the system, everything from the downpipe to the muffler would have to go. Since AMS designed their exhaust components to more or less work with only their own stuff, and I don't like their catback, I chose to replace everything with a system I liked better. Not to mention one that is about 20 lbs lighter, but that doesn't matter much since it's a daily driver.

AMS absolutely makes some quality stuff. Again, in this specific instance it's just not my personal taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
^^ I'd imagine it as more to do with an option to buy a titanium exhaust for $1K.

Thanks for the update
Definitely something to think about! Thanks man.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #3145
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Whether it's with an S chassis, solara/Camry, or an Evo you're never gonna make the Internet happy Damon. Even though your 2 previous builds were amazingly well done. To figure.

Keep up the good work sir and keep building YOUR car.
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #3146
RussellM
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (57)
RussellM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 57 reviews
Keep up the good work Damon.

888-673-4063
RussellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #3147
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
If an intake, exhaust, and a couple of shiny doo-dads is going "all out," then Zilvia has changed a lot more than I thought in the last two months.
But isn't that all you did to the S13?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #3148
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_This View Post
Whether it's with an S chassis, solara/Camry, or an Evo you're never gonna make the Internet happy Damon.
That should never even be considered as a goal when building a car. Life isn't facebook where there is only ever a "like button" and you can freely delete comments you disagree with.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #3149
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
That should never even be considered as a goal when building a car. Life isn't facebook where there is only ever a "like button" and you can freely delete comments you disagree with.
I wasn't trying to imply that's why he was building his car. Just a general statement on everybody statement about his preference on Japanese parts over US parts.

But, you are very correct in your statement Corbic.
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #3150
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I know I know, and you always switch it a quality part anyway. I just thought to myself when you got this car "nice Damon got an EVO with some AMS tidbits on it". Maybe it's because I've been drooling over AMS built EVOs for almost a decade. Nicely done either way man. As always.