Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
Willie fisterbottom

Trader Rating: (1)
Willie fisterbottom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Car seats

Those of you that have kids what are you using for car seats? I'm looking for booster seats for the kids the ones we have don't fit the rear seat very well since it has deep "buckets"
Willie fisterbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Fold-up towels and put them in the "deep buckets". That's what I do...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
Willie fisterbottom

That's what I was thinking.......
Old 07-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
bubble wrap and tape.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:09 AM   #5
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Ugh car seat and 240's....Our recaro harness boosters from our daily drivers do not fit in my s13 at all. The bases are far to wide and flat to get tight. I just bought my 4 year old an evenflo dlx secure kid harness booster. It's wide but the underside is narrow and fit in the deep seat fine. Unfortunately we never managed to get it 100% tight. It took my wife and I both to compress it down in the seat tight enough with the seat belt locking tab installed only to still be able to wiggle it a little. It's something to do with the seat belts as I can get the shoulder belt tight but the buckle end must stretch a little after we get our weight off of it. I can tighten the Fuck out of the top strap that goes into the hatch area so it doesn't move forward/back but just a little to much side/side. I would NEVER hold my kid in a booster only, in my s13, without a full harness built into the seat. I don't even trust the seat belts for myself let alone that being the only restraint for my kid.

We just went out with me, pops, and my son, over the 4th and even with my dad moved forward enough to provide almost no comfort the little guy had very little legroom. No chance for anything but a backpack behind my seat. These cars aren't really made for rear passengers.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
I folded up jeans!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Want your kids to live, don't put them in a 240sx.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
That was the same conclusion I came to as well...lol.. Tried putting a newborn seat in my s14 & said to myself "Mmm yeah... I'm gonna need to you ride everywhere in moms 4 door, ok?"
Old 07-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
ROFLMAOING!!! Exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
Willie fisterbottom

My kids are 4 and 6, my last car was an 04 CTS-V with a magnacharger it was nice to go for family cruises..... plus when I have to take the kids to daycare/school it would be nice to take my S14 it is a blast to drive (RB25 HX35 on E85)
Old 07-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #11
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie fisterbottom View Post
My kids are 4 and 6, my last car was an 04 CTS-V with a magnacharger it was nice to go for family cruises..... plus when I have to take the kids to daycare/school it would be nice to take my S14 it is a blast to drive (RB25 HX35 on E85)
see below... again!

Quote:

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #12
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
this.

msglength
Old 07-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #13
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Riding with a little kid in a 240sx seems like a bad idea

WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #14
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
My little one loves my 240sx, I use your standard car seat it's a 1991 too
Old 07-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
If a 240 is your main use of transportation and you have a kid.. you should sell your car and straighten out priorities
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #16
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOnesxWai View Post
If a 240 is your main use of transportation and you have a kid.. you should sell your car and straighten out priorities
Couldn't of said it any better.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #17
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
I brought my daughter home when she was born, I put her in my 89 coupe, lol worst twenty minute drive ever, bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #18
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
There's nothing any more dangerous about putting a kid in a 240sx than any other car of that vintage. Backwards facing baby seats are a no-go, FOR SURE. Once they get into booster seats there's nothing dangerous, unless you drive like a jackass.

I NEVER intended for my 240sx to be a daily driver. After I "lost" my last job though I had to sell my M3 to pay bills. I decided to keep the 240 because I didn't have to spend a penny on it, just drive. The BMW needed a shitload of work. ATM I have my eyes on a Toyota Sequoia as a DD, just gotta save a bit more...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #19
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Driving a child around in a 240SX on coilovers is probably the equivalent to shaking a baby.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #20
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
OP, my G35 coupe has the same problem as the S14. Actually the rear buckets are deeper on the G35. Since I have both an S14 and a G35, my car seats are interchangeable. My kids are still in high-back harnesses so I can't say what booster to use (yet) but I can recommend two things.

First, since I don't think Nissan has a similar guide, check out the "Snug Kids™ Safety Seat Fit Guide" that Infiniti has put together. Click on the link for the G Coupe: https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowne...ation/snugKids As I said, seats with a narrow bottom that fit my G coupe also fit the 240SX.

Second option, Baby's R Us and Walmart seem to have a bigger selection of available car seats, go there and test fit. It seems counter-intuitive but the cheaper seats seem to fit tight spaces better than the more expensive (and usually bulkier) seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
That was the same conclusion I came to as well...lol.. Tried putting a newborn seat in my s14 & said to myself "Mmm yeah... I'm gonna need to you ride everywhere in moms 4 door, ok?"
Did the same thing 10 years ago with my S13. Took wife's car everywhere we needed to go as a family. Actually still do. The Armada we have now (ie rolling living room) is much more comfortable to haul the family around in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOnesxWai View Post
If it's paid for why go out and create the additional expense of purchasing a new(er) car when you have a newborn at home? I sold my SR swapped 240 and purchased a G20 thinking I would SR swap that one, was in for a rude awakening when I realized how much less "play" money I had. My daughter was around 1 when I sold the 240 and she would make the "turbo noise" for years afterward and complain my car was too slow, haha.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:55 PM   #21
JonasRuicy

Trader Rating: (0)
JonasRuicy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JonasRuicy Send a message via AIM to JonasRuicy Send a message via Yahoo to JonasRuicy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie fisterbottom View Post
Those of you that have kids what are you using for car seats? I'm looking for booster seats for the kids the ones we have don't fit the rear seat very well since it has deep "buckets"
Which one did you end up going with?
I wouldn't have imagined that getting a car seat will take up weeks of my time. There are so many to choose from with all different specs. For weeks now I'm on the hunt. The amazon reviews are so polarizing some say that the car seat is not good and dangerous while other say it's the safest thing ever. Then I tried looking for blog reviews. Those are pure pitch fests and never mention any drawbacks. As my last attempt i was looking for best articles. Finally I've came across a blog that seems to actually try and test car seats. I've read this best booster seats which one of those seats would you recommend?
JonasRuicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:06 PM   #22
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Not sure if bot or not but 6 yr old post bump is horriable
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #23
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Not sure if bot or not but 6 yr old post bump is horriable
Bumping old posts shows people are using the search feature, and isn't that what we tell noobs to do all the time? Could be a bot though, not clicking that link.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #24
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Bumping old posts shows people are using the search feature, and isn't that what we tell noobs to do all the time? Could be a bot though, not clicking that link.
Yes, but to ask a question on 6 yr old tread, is pointless, why not send a pm or better post a tread with a link to this one since its died out many moons ago.

But id suspect bot here...

But sire to "contribute" ran a basic car seat fot my oldest son when i dailed my s14, and even a booster seat. Was a tight fit but made due till i bought another car.....
Old 06-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #25
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Maybe get a car with actual fucking safety features? Jesus. You want to publicly admit how shitty of a parent you are?
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #26
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Maybe get a car with actual fucking safety features? Jesus. You want to publicly admit how shitty of a parent you are?

Lmao.... its a car saftey teated for the us roads.... thats all. But if u read i ran that way till.i bought another car.....yes with the saftey features you so say..

But i wonder what car your parent put you in when u were a child? Sure they were packed with those features aswell
Old 06-14-2020, 06:53 PM   #27
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
My parents but me in a 4 door SUV with a proper fitting seat.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote