Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:19 AM   #12451
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Those all sound like garbage, timid excuses. It’s sounds exactly like the type of excuses that got Nissan into the situation it’s in right now; a struggling brand with no soul or identity. Top to bottom both Nissan and Infiniti are the epitome of mediocrity. They’re like the 90’s Kia and Hyundai.

This decision was THE decision that soured me on the brand and the start of truly tarnishing it’s legacy with enthusiasts.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:58 PM   #12452
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Those all sound like garbage, timid excuses. It’s sounds exactly like the type of excuses that got Nissan into the situation it’s in right now; a struggling brand with no soul or identity. Top to bottom both Nissan and Infiniti are the epitome of mediocrity. They’re like the 90’s Kia and Hyundai.

This decision was THE decision that soured me on the brand and the start of truly tarnishing it’s legacy with enthusiasts.
And now I drive a Ford! lol need more be said?

Oh Nissan Oh Nissan what have you done.
You went and killed Datsun to so much confusion
Got a Frenchman to run the company
to bring it back from near bankruptcy
but you gave him to much leniency
and he drove you into mediocrity
Oh Nissan Oh Nissan what have you done.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:55 PM   #12453
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i just saw a thing on FB from like one of those car publications that said "10 of the cheapest sports cars to buy in 2019" and the 370z was the cover photo... and thought to myself

"wow look, its the 370z... isnt that thing older than the 240sx now?"

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:27 PM   #12454
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
370z can only grown in appeal at this point. Stuff like hydraulic steering, hand brake, having a manual tranny, lack of tech, no 20 inch wheels, it not being a coupe suv only makes it stand out more in todays market. it will be the most amazing new car you can buy in 2030 if it stays the same and the auto market moving forwards the way it does today.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #12455
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
370z can only grown in appeal at this point. Stuff like hydraulic steering, hand brake, having a manual tranny, lack of tech, no 20 inch wheels, it not being a coupe suv only makes it stand out more in todays market. it will be the most amazing new car you can buy in 2030 if it stays the same and the auto market moving forwards the way it does today.
Stranger than Fiction and quite true.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #12456
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
speaking of which it would seem now and the next few years are going to be pretty great for importing japanese cars.

sucks that nissan and japanese carmakers dont deliver today and the future being so bleak. I’m sorta ok with that as theres going to be a lot more import choices. i imagine silvia s14s and r33’s are at least obtainable. I myself will definitely be eyeing some fd rx7s if they’re a better deal than domestic used and also the evo 3-4’s.

https://jalopnik.com/we-have-reached...1820776253/amp
Old 12-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #12457
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Too bad some many S-chassis have been chopped up and gutted for their SR’s....
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #12458
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Too bad some many S-chassis have been chopped up and gutted for their SR’s....
Seriously. I wonder if there is a stat out there for number of front clips exported out of Japan.

If it weren't for CA laws, I'd be chasing down an S15 right now.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #12459
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Man, the world would be so different if Nissan had made the IDX.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:51 PM   #12460
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Shit looks ugly^ but atleast nissan would have something out there new.

Just never had intrest in any new rwd, manual trans car. Had an opt to get a new 86 or frs, passed it up for a corolla and kept the s14 for the fun stuff. That was back in like 2013(i think). Even now nothing catches my intrested. Stick with s-chassis or even evo 7 or 8
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:30 AM   #12461
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
IDX is truly the last sports car concept I’ve been excited about.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #12462
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
IDX is truly the last sports car concept I’ve been excited about.
I quess we all know that plus you have a lot of spare time lol, and honestly nobody will ever pay more for that than Sentra SER today's ($)equivalent.

We all need new "s" chassis car.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:03 AM   #12463
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I think it if the miata and 86 could ask for 26-35k (or whatever they go for these days) the IDX could have also as long as it measured up. One of the problems I anticipate is that Nissan won't be bothered or can't afford to update it, making less competitive to the miata and 86 in time.

Personally not a fan of the look either aside from the smaller dimensions, but I'd appreciate it for the sake of providing more competition to its market segment even though I'm not sure it's even relevant today. Regardless can't hurt to have more choices.

Kinda think complaining about Nissan today is beating a dead horse. Have to ask yourself if you want to move on at some point or continue ruminating for no good reason. Much rather celebrate their past.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:53 AM   #12464
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
I quess we all know that plus you have a lot of spare time lol, and honestly nobody will ever pay more for that than Sentra SER today's ($)equivalent.

We all need new "s" chassis car.
No idea what the amount of spare time I have on my hands has to do with this conversation. Lol

I’d pay 86 money for IDX right now. If Nissan released a legit competitive IDX I’d 100% be the first one to have one in WI.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #12465
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Have you guys seen this dudes render? Pretty dope. If only Nissan would go all out like this. I’d be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2019, 06:21 PM   #12466
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Front looks like frs/86ish to me

But that rendering is appealing to me
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #12467
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
pretty sure another z is second from the top on the list of cars nissan shouldn't produce, just behind the convertible murano...
Old 01-01-2020, 07:35 PM   #12468
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-50964040

This is just crazy. Ghost is now a damn fugitive! Wow.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:06 PM   #12469
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

that was hilarious, Ghosn escaping in a piano case.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:15 AM   #12470
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Dang hahahaha. I cannot believe Ghosn escaped Japan.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #12471
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Nissan is hard up right now. Massive layoffs and cost cutting. I don't foresee a new GTR or Z35 any time soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #12472
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Dang hahahaha. I cannot believe Ghosn escaped Japan.
Quote:
that was hilarious, Ghosn escaping in a piano case.
Quote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-50964040

This is just crazy. Ghost is now a damn fugitive! Wow.
I'm sure the guy is crooked and guilty.. But as an American, WTF Japan!?

Dude was arrested and charged in 2018, had been under house arrest with no access to the outside world and can't see his wife.

Then the Japanese delay the trial another year to May 2021? Clearly there is no mandate for a "speedy trial".

Guilty or not, I can see why the guy feels he's being rail road by a pissed off and proud-to-a-fault country. Let's not forget all the sneaky illegal shit Sony, DENSO and Takata have done recently.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #12473
Future240
Future Moderator

It's their fault for building shitty cars. I wouldn't touch an Nissan with that cvt.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:21 AM   #12474
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's their fault for building shitty cars. I wouldn't touch an Nissan with that cvt.
I wouldn't touch anything with a CVT. Such a POS design/concept.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #12475
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Apprently interpol is after Ghosn. I'm not sure he's innocent either, but I can't say I'd trust the Japanese if I were in his shoes.

“I am now in Lebanon and will no longer be held hostage by a rigged Japanese justice system where guilt is presumed, discrimination is rampant, and basic human rights are denied,”

https://jalopnik.com/interpol-wants-...ove-1840562039
Old 01-02-2020, 01:04 PM   #12476
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Wow this looks like a string lots of people, important people, may start pulling on.

Nevertheless, fuck Nissan still haha.

Quote:
Apprently interpol is after Ghosn. I'm not sure he's innocent either, but I can't say I'd trust the Japanese if I were in his shoes.

“I am now in Lebanon and will no longer be held hostage by a rigged Japanese justice system where guilt is presumed, discrimination is rampant, and basic human rights are denied,”

Old 01-02-2020, 01:08 PM   #12477
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

He's in Lebanon, they won't allow him to be extradited. It's his home country and he's well connected there.

Goshen is the poster child of corporate corruption and its a bad reflection on Nissan, France and the Japanese for letting him stay in charge as long as he did.

His early efforts to clean up Nissan where good, but Nissan has been stagnant since 2008, that's over a decade.

Old 01-04-2020, 05:36 PM   #12478
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Yeah I dont blame him. I can barely tolerate staying in Japan more than a week. Id probably take my chances in a US prison instead. I believe him when he says theres discrimination.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:22 PM   #12479
Future240
Future Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3_2R5bmFbk
Old 01-12-2020, 03:05 PM   #12480
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
lol how old is this kid? 240sx was a flop. 300zx was a flop.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote