Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
maxwagner

Trader Rating: (0)
maxwagner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR sr20det misfire after swap.

Hey guys , i know this has been covered multiple times but every other thread I have looked into never has a direct answer!
My sr was just freshly built and when trying to swap it back in i couldnt get it to fire. I know, air, spark and fuel are the 3 things you need.
I know we have air, and when i pulled the spark plugs they were wet, so i know we have fuel. So that leaves it to spark. I pulled the plugs and the coil pack and turned the car over while the plugs were on the valve cover and only cylinders 1 and 2 had spark.
I tried pulling codes off of the ecu and came up with 55 so i know it is fine.
I checked continuity to all of the wires and they are fine.
What else can i do ??
Really relying on you guys for this one.
maxwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just based on your test, you could have 2 bad coil packs. Swap coil packs around to see if it changes cylinders from fire to not. Easy fix buy 2 coil packs. If you determine it not to be bad coil packs, look into the coil pack harness, is it grounded? Last place would be the ecu, just look inside and if it's not funky let a friend test it out. You do have other things that could cause a no spark issue in between the coil packs and ecu, warped cas disc maybe or ignitor, broken wires, pushed out pins, etc. Eliminate all the easy stuff first.
Oh yeah when we say you need air, fuel, spark and compression, that includes timing!

Sent from my Highly Tune Galaxy S3.4!!!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
maxwagner

Trader Rating: (0)
maxwagner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
okay so I swapped the coil packs around. still nothing.
I also added a extra ground to the coil pack harness, ( from the back of the head to the chassis)
still nothing. im about to go pick up a igniter from a friend in a little bit.
Im just really confused as to why it messed up. It ran perfectly when I pulled it.. ?
maxwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
try using another CAS
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Goldeneye9mm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Goldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Goldeneye9mm
do you know if it's a type x motor set? it could be wired wrong at the ecu. my buddy put a harness in on his and the coil pins are in different places in the connector. check into that.
Goldeneye9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Your 180 degree wire at the CAS plug could be separating from the plug. Happened to me. Along with a fuck ton of other wireing breaks.
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote