Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #61
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Still doesn't make sense to drop $3k + ecu/mgmt (+ maybe tuning) as the first step to a 240 project.
Hell no...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #62
240skate
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240skate is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So what do you guys think is the best option? I already have the guys at SV holding the engine for me. I could do SR but that's going to cost a lot more. I could do a stock ka, but that's not going to be a blast to drive. I work min wage so i don't have a ton of money. My first goal is to get the car up and running healthy, then go into the little details.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #63
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240skate View Post
So what do you guys think is the best option? I already have the guys at SV holding the engine for me. I could do SR but that's going to cost a lot more. I could do a stock ka, but that's not going to be a blast to drive. I work min wage so i don't have a ton of money. My first goal is to get the car up and running healthy, then go into the little details.
I hope you didn't put any deposit for that.

SR swap will cost you less than what you are about to spend. I could assure you that.

Why don't we get you stock KA and if you want more juice out then, get you T28 and Rom tune ECU.

KA - $500
T28 - $250
Manifold - $100
Down pipe - $50
Rom tune ECU - $200
Stock SR injectors - $50
Front mount intercooler - $250
Oil line - $50
Walbro fuel pump $70

Prices are guesstimating top of my head.

Still barely over $1500.

I am sure you will want better clutch too.. $200~300 ish
Old 08-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #64
K_style
Post Whore!

I might add... I would still do SR swap over making KA turbo.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #65
240skate
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
I hope you didn't put any deposit for that.

SR swap will cost you less than what you are about to spend. I could assure you that.

Why don't we get you stock KA and if you want more juice out then, get you T28 and Rom tune ECU.

KA - $500
T28 - $250
Manifold - $100
Down pipe - $50
Rom tune ECU - $200
Stock SR injectors - $50
Front mount intercooler - $250
Oil line - $50
Walbro fuel pump $70

Prices are guesstimating top of my head.

Still barely over $1500.

I am sure you will want better clutch too.. $200~300 ish

...........I put a deposit..........When i posted the ad up in the ka-t forum people told me 2 go for it, and my buddy who knows his shit said go for it.
I don't really have the know how to do all of that. and not trying to be rude but i don't think people will be as willing to help as they say.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #66
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
...........I put a deposit..........When i posted the ad up in the ka-t forum people told me 2 go for it, and my buddy who knows his shit said go for it.
I don't really have the know how to do all of that. and not trying to be rude but i don't think people will be as willing to help as they say.
Asking KA-T forum people is same thing as asking people here on zilvia if they rather have Honda or nissan.

How much did you put deposit? did you make a contract or receipt? Does it say refundable?

If you have buddy who knows shit, why doesn't he help you?

If you decide to do it in your garage or etc, I am willing to help I am T2 bottom mount turbo expert hahahaha
just buy me some beer. LOL
Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #67
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Yeah, should have talked to people who are actually in the know -- there a few of us around.

Sr motorset on ebay is like $2k shipped (last few I've seen have been super clean). After that figure mabye another $500 in parts, and then you have a stock, reliable, 30mpg setup.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #68
240skate
Leaky Injector

$300 no contract just receipt. i didn't notice if it says refundable. I'm sure i could go check the engine out again, find something i don't like and tell them fix it or i wont pay or some shit like that. My buddy does NOT have the time. He had to sell his 240. Will you be at the meet on Thursday and we can talk? You okay with some bud light platinum? haha
Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #69
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
$300 no contract just receipt. i didn't notice if it says refundable. I'm sure i could go check the engine out again, find something i don't like and tell them fix it or i wont pay or some shit like that. My buddy does NOT have the time. He had to sell his 240. Will you be at the meet on Thursday and we can talk? You okay with some bud light platinum? haha

Then call them and cancel it and get your $300 back. I am assuming you already have at least $3k to spend?

Stock SR20DET is around $2k shipped like Alex said. You will want the gaskets replaced after. gasket kit is $130 I think.

I have a friend in PHX who does Swaps all day. If you pay him I am sure he will fly here and do the swap for you including wiring.

He wanted visit up here anyways.

Oh yes I will be at the meet this Thursday.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #70
240skate
Leaky Injector

Ok thats going to run me a lot more then 3grand right there. lol. I know im a noob, but having a rebuilt KA-t and tranny installed for 3grand still sounds like the best option. I'll be there thursday. Any way i could get an address and exact time?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #71
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Every thursday night. 7pm.

Aloha Grill
19267 SW Martinazzi Ave
Tualatin, OR 97062-6352
Old 08-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #72
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ok thats going to run me a lot more then 3grand right there. lol. I know im a noob, but having a rebuilt KA-t and tranny installed for 3grand still sounds like the best option. I'll be there thursday. Any way i could get an address and exact time?

What if my friend could do it for less than $1k ?

that's about $3k total then?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #73
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Every thursday night. 7pm.

Aloha Grill
19267 SW Martinazzi Ave
Tualatin, OR 97062-6352

I heard food is pretty good there too.. LOL
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #74
240skate
Leaky Injector

We will talk Thursday. Maybe you can talk me into it
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #75
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Just show up to the meet and we can talk about options.

I think your best bet is to throw another KA in if you're strapped for cash. Playing with cars consumes money, and being broke + building cars is a questionable recipe.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #76
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
We will talk Thursday. Maybe you can talk me into it
Let me ask you this. what is the purpose of you having 240sx?

Do you want to Drift? Drag? Autocross? all of them?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #77
240skate
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Let me ask you this. what is the purpose of you having 240sx?

Do you want to Drift? Drag? Autocross? all of them?
Mostly daily. Maybe some drifting
Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #78
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Mostly daily. Maybe some drifting

You know you dont need SR to drift? just saying but you could drift all day with your KA with some bolt on.

if $ is tight, staying with KA might be a good idea but then, sky is limit.

This thing is an expensive hobby that you are about to put your self into.

Of course, we will talk more when we meet this Thursday
Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #79
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ricekiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone from salem going to this meet? Text me 971388400eight
Old 08-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #80
240skate
Leaky Injector

This meet is cool as hell. Lots of nice people and good food. Im not longer going with the KA-t and now im going SR. Glad i went
Old 08-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #81
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

Sr why not rb? I was gonna go, but i had something come up.. Next thurs
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #82
e1_griego
Post Whore!

b/c if you have to ask about it, RB is not for you.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #83
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

All i gotta say is i love my rb, sound alone is worth it!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #84
e1_griego
Post Whore!

super sick.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #85
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricekiller View Post
Sr why not rb? I was gonna go, but i had something come up.. Next thurs
Why not 2JZ ? why not LS3 ? Why not VQ ??

You are missing the point. He is under "Budget" here.

Unless you could get him RB engine + mount kit + labor for $3k.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #86
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

keep it nissan, and you can do an rb20 swap for less than 3k
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #87
e1_griego
Post Whore!

rb20 is a turd sandwich.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #88
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
keep it nissan, and you can do an rb20 swap for less than 3k

WTF???? I'd keep KA over RB20 ALLLLLLLLL Fucking day... Why dont you suggest him to get CA18DET? that' will save him some dough.

Clearly you dont know what you are talking about.

Quote:
rb20 is a turd sandwich.
Thought it was worst than that.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #89
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

Lol, lets set up a race and see who the turd sandwhich is. Rb20 with a few upgrades is a turd? Are you gu ys on crack or just hating?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #90
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lol, lets set up a race and see who the turd sandwhich is. Rb20 with a few upgrades is a turd? Are you gu ys on crack or just hating?
Are you the guy who has Maroon Hactch with RB20?

If so, how come you have RB26 valve cover on it? Are you embarrassed to have RB20??

Race huh? wow, now you are a tough guy... LOL I dont think race war doesn't start for another a couple weeks and I need to get my premium SR20 imported overnight from japan to ready.

If you know what I mean..
Closed Thread