Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-17-2020, 10:59 PM   #12541
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Good luck getting a gt500 at msrp $74k. Its already well over 90k with the track package so its realistically closer to a 85 to 100k car if not more. Seems to perform really well in a recent track test video against the Porsche GT3RS thats almost double in price.
Compared to Nissan having to heavily discount GTRs that are rotting on lots.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2020, 12:39 AM   #12542
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Well Ford is kinda scummy when it comes to delibrately making far less cars than demand, and hence predictably high adm’s everytime a new shelby or maybe speciality model mustang comes out. Maybe good for Ford’s marketing. Totally crappy for someone who wants to buy msrp or even a reasonable markup say 2-3k. Fantastic for dealerships. I like Chevy bc with the corvette and camero its pretty much the opposite.

dont care how good the gt500 is. will never get one & stay with Chevy unless they start doing the same.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:10 AM   #12543
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Speaking of how good the new gt500 is compared tot he ZL1 1LE...not even worth the cost before dealer mark up.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...amaro-zl1-1le/
Old 01-18-2020, 09:57 AM   #12544
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
My buddy sent me this pic this morning. He got to take it for a test drive. It’s so gorgeous. It really makes the Model S look generic. They let him do 5 launch controlled launches. He said he can’t even wrap his head around the speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2020, 11:43 AM   #12545
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Speaking of how good the new gt500 is compared tot he ZL1 1LE...not even worth the cost before dealer mark up.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...amaro-zl1-1le/
Thanks for posting that. Was looking forward to the comparo and scared the Z1LE would get totally destroyed by the Gt500. Hoping to see some lap times.

The more I read about the Gt500, the more I appreciate the Gt350. Sad the 350r is no more.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #12546
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Thanks for posting that. Was looking forward to the comparo and scared the Z1LE would get totally destroyed by the Gt500. Hoping to see some lap times.

The more I read about the Gt500, the more I appreciate the Gt350. Sad the 350r is no more.
More I appreciate the Hellcat Redeye.
Quote:
My buddy sent me this pic this morning. He got to take it for a test drive. It’s so gorgeous. It really makes the Model S look generic. They let him do 5 launch controlled launches. He said he can’t even wrap his head around the speed.

Teslas all look generic. They remind me of the paint sample car body's.

Old 01-18-2020, 02:02 PM   #12547
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Speaking off the hellcat, nice drag race comparo. One thing the gt500 does really well is get good traction.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...eye-drag-race/
Old 01-18-2020, 08:36 PM   #12548
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

I know they've developed their new water look... but porsche design language still does not fit four doors and crossovers and such.

That looks like a fishing lure.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:58 AM   #12549
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
I know they've developed their new water look... but porsche design language still does not fit four doors and crossovers and such.

That looks like a fishing lure.
I agree some what. It’s hit or miss. Like the Cayenne has NEVER looked good. The first gen is especially bad. The second gen Panamara looks good but the first is universally loathed.

The Macan is just right, but doesn’t look as special as say a Velar.

The Taycan is the, IMO, the best looking car they make outside of their sports cars.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #12550
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

idk, those headlights just seem wrong to me.

taycan reminds me of a panamera w different headlights. porsche panamera station wagon I like but not a fan of any crossover or suv design period, tbh. from a business perspective, porsche making suvs was a good move.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #12551
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
I like the lights, but the vent or whatever that is just looks really bad being wrapped around the light like that.

I constantly think kia tuscons are cayennes, and vice versa, when I see them in traffic.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #12552
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
A Kia optima looks better than that thing.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:10 PM   #12553
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Toyota dealer by me has a black, white and a red Supra. They just look so much cooler in person.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:52 PM   #12554
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
They just look so much cooler in person.
I get this.

There's a lot of subtle lines/ designs in newer cars that just can't be seen through pictures, or just look better in person.

The lack of a manual option still has me not interested in what people are doing with them, though.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:54 PM   #12555
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
I get this.

There's a lot of subtitle lines/ designs in newer cars that just can't be seen through pictures, or just look better in person.

The lack of a manual option still has me not interested in what people are doing with them, though.
I totally agree. If that white one had a manual I’d drive that thing out of there today.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #12556
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I totally agree. If that white one had a manual I’d drive that thing out of there today.
Don't discount the 8HP, trans is brutal... At least with FCA's tuning.

Last edited by Corbic; 01-20-2020 at 08:59 PM..
Old 01-21-2020, 12:43 AM   #12557
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Speaking of Kia, the Bmw 235 gran coupe crossover looks like a particularly bad Kia knockoff. Kia optima looks a lot better, probably drives much better too.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...e-photos-info/
Old 01-21-2020, 05:18 AM   #12558
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah that thing is ugly. BMW has lost its way. And they’re doubling down on the giant kidney grill.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:04 AM   #12559
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
I get this.

There's a lot of subtle lines/ designs in newer cars that just can't be seen through pictures, or just look better in person.

The Mustang is like this. Looked terrible in photos but in person quite an attractive looking car.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:20 AM   #12560
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

C&D says the new Z is on its way and soon.

They did a little render which I don’t hate, but it also doesn’t read a Z or a Nissan (the latter being a good thing).

I like the idea of a 400hp Z around $40k with a manual.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...p/B7ltxaHlR1N/

Old 01-21-2020, 11:24 AM   #12561
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
I despise renderings so much.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #12562
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:

They did a little render which I don’t hate, but it also doesn’t read a Z or a Nissan (the latter being a good thing).

That Render does not look half bad. If Nissan manages to pull off a nice looking Z with a nod to the S30 I could be in. I am looking arounf for my next RWD car as the rare BMW slicktop needs to leave the garage. I no longer drive it and have lost the wish to drive.
I admit I have been eyeing the Supra because I can get one at dealer invoice. The 86 is the car I wanted to love but just can’t get myself to buy one in its current underpowered config.
That leaves a M2 competition and the Supra if the Z can win me back I am all for it as the Z really has a special place in my heart.

So Nissan bring it on return to the glory you once were!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #12563
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

FRBZGT86 with a Fiat front?

Old 01-21-2020, 12:30 PM   #12564
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i honestly dig that! its clean, its simple and looks MODERN! ive NEVER liked the Z33 or Z34 fascia (or their chunky bloated asses, theres THIC and theres CHUNK)... ESPECIALLY the Z34. It looked stupid when it came out (people called it the carp mouth front end lol) and in current times, it looks like a relic of late 2000s car design language!

i know its just someones rendering... but it looks pretty damn snazzy!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:03 PM   #12565
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i honestly dig that! its clean, its simple and looks MODERN! ive NEVER liked the Z33
Shit your whore mouth!!!!! Z33 was and is awesome.

That render, looks dated.

Let's move past trying to retro style and harken back to the 240Z. Just make an awesome modern sports car.

I'd rather see a Z32 inspired car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
or Z34 fascia (or their chunky bloated asses, theres THIC and theres CHUNK)... ESPECIALLY the Z34. It looked stupid when it came out (people called it the carp mouth front end lol) and in current times, it looks like a relic of late 2000s car design language!

i know its just someones rendering... but it looks pretty damn snazzy!

Z34 Is a relic from the late 90's and it looked like trash when new. It was also supposed to chanel more of that retro 240Z look.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #12566
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Shit your whore mouth!!!!! Z33 was and is awesome.
thats a negative... the G35 coupe was and is awesome. the Z33 was and still is uglier than sin!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #12567
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
G35 > 350z. I like angled butts and I cannot lie

..and that Porsche looks like hypnotoad from Futurama
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:49 PM   #12568
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I really think the current version of nissans big v grill would translate well to a sports car.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:26 PM   #12569
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Thumbs up

Quote:
So much better than all that "pony" shiet, lol
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:40 PM   #12570
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Talking

I mean, there will still be a place for a ... "mustangs".

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote