Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
BSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BSPerformance
Ninth times a charm? OEM+ silvia build

Lets start off with some pics of my old 240's from the past 10 years
my first three I had between 04-07

my first 240

The white one was my auto daily & the tan one was a rust free car that I ended up having to sell since it didn't run when I moved.

Then came my body kit phase

frame completely rusted out & I had $5k in parts stolen off of it

This car had the kit from my hatch on it, but I didn't own it very long due to the shitty top (only pic I can find of it atm)

This is the only s14 I've owned & loved it so much more then my s13's (minus all the rust this one had) I have no idea why I still haven't bought a clean one to replace it yet as a daily.

My 89 coupe is the longest I've kept any of my cars(3 years) that I'm still in the process of selling parts off of

Now onto my new build, I finally got around to getting a nice clean strait, rust free shell to replace my tan one that I didn't want to sell o so long ago.
Picked it up on 7/12

It came with just about everything I needed to put it back together

Week 1
I knocked out deleting everything I didn't need from the wire harness so I could tuck it. Fingers crossed it doesn't catch on fire when I go to test it out haha. I also installed my pedals & hvac, I'm only going to be using heat on the defrost setting.

this was half the wires that were removed

I still have to figure out how I want to mount my fuse box & how I want to route my headlight harness.

That weekend I got lucky and found an aero bumper somewhat local and scooped it up.

Week 2
I figured I might as well get it out of the way and attempt to cut a dash up for the first time to try and fit around the cage. I feel like I could have done a much better job but It'll do for now. I'm going to be flocking it & if I'm not happy with it I'll grab a new dash.

Next I moved onto painting the insides of my doors & assembling them. The paint ended up not matching the greatest. I still haven't decided if I'm going to leave them bare or make sheet metal door panels.

Over the weekend I ended up trading my origin fenders for some flared metal ones.

I got the passenger side to line up with the body lines

I feel like that's too much gap at the top?

I'm still working on trying to get the driver side to line up with the body lines and not have so much gap but it's being a huge bitch.

here's where I started off at

here's where I got it to after some tweaking, anyone have any tips?

I'm also having issues with my aero bumper not wanting to line up with the metal bumper support in but if I take it out it lines up with no issues.

Also anyone have any easy fix's for two broken studs on my one brick headlight? Or am I going to have to drill and tap it?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
your doors are sagging/spaced more at the top most likely due to the copper bushings located in the hinge being worn out. therye like $15 a piece from nissan and i think you need 4 of them. from what im told and have read, replacing them along with the striker plates makes a night and day difference (i know the striker plate made a huge difference in how well my door stays shut)... replacing the bushings should pull the doors up and into place correctly.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
looks like a great start.... damn that aero bumper is uber clean
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice start. Keep it up man.
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #5
Primo's Silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Primo's Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice! GLWTB!
Primo's Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #6
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

BSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-known
thanks guys and I'll have to look into the bushings & strikers

I haven't made much progress, but I did get around to flocking my dash finally. It came out way better then I thought it would for doing it myself for the first time

Old 08-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Very nice build so far! Quality from the beginning brings much better results at the end!!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #8
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
that dash looks great what exactlly do you need to do to get it like that?whats the material and will it crack?
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #9
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spools420a View Post
that dash looks great what exactlly do you need to do to get it like that?whats the material and will it crack?
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=254699
Old 08-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #10
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

Yea I bought my stuff from http://www.flockit.com/index.php/products.html
suede-tex fibers(1lb bag)
16ozglue(had alot left over)
andI bought the spray gun but I feel like it would have came out the same using the hand kit.
If I ever flock anything else I think I'll make my own hand flocker using the DIY flash light way.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #11
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

Not a whole lot of progress but I Installed & wired up my defi's

Fixed my brick headlight studs & modfied my bumper support so my aero bumper would line up

What do you guys use for the two mounting holes under the corner light?

Started to flare my rear quarters and installing some of my suspension. Just need to order ruca's & toe arms.

Last edited by BSPerformance; 08-12-2014 at 05:50 PM..
BSPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #12
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nice cage. Is it completely custom or a buy and weld kit?
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #13
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

I'm not 100% sure if the cage was partially a kit or all custom, it was done like 5 years ago haha

here's some updates since I've been slacking

Got the dash installed & gauges wired up. Install a hydro ebrake mount that bolts around the shifter, along with a stock ebrake setup I found locally.

I got the windows installed with a new windshield, led tails & corner lights installed

Installed all my suspension, custom knuckles, 300zx brakes, and wilwood dual caliper setup

Cleaned & installed my brides, ASD hydro ebrake, speakers, nardi/quick release setup & still need to get around to installing my taylor battery box

Sold my horrible offset vskf's for r33 rep wheels to go along with the oem plus look

Picked up rep skirts, valences, gtr grill & a hood and just did a quick mock up to see how they will look. Just waiting for my east bear mirrors to show up and it'll be ready for paint.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #14
DanielS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DanielS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
why oem hand brake and hydro brake?
awesome build so far, are you respraying it red since you re-installed windows already?
DanielS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #15
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

For when I'm parked, my last car would sometimes roll a little on hills just leaving it in gear since I removed the stock ebrake and don't feel like dealing with that again haha.

I still haven't decided on what color I'm doing the exterior yet. But since it's parked outside I was getting tired of rain getting in my interior all the time and worrying about someone accidently bumping into and breaking the glass. I know I should have waited to install them but worst case scenario I'll just get them removed again since my buddy did it for me.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #16
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Where did your find that bracket you mounted the hydro to? I made one but its a little flimsy since the trans tunnel metal is so thin
Old 10-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #17
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

ferrariowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Loving this build! Cant wait to see more!!

What's next?

-Kyle
ferrariowner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #18
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

Not a whole lot left to order/do. Next is definitely going to be paint probably black or two tone. I need to order 4 point harness's, tires and other small things I want. Then I need to decide if I want to run an sr20 for now and save up for a 1j, or not drive it for awhile & just save for a 1j now haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by beems240sx View Post
Where did your find that bracket you mounted the hydro to? I made one but its a little flimsy since the trans tunnel metal is so thin
here's the link to the one I'm running
https://www.levelrideconcepts.com/lr...a69c2e1befe600
Old 10-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #19
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Damn looks great man
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #20
Fearell
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Fearell is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Nice coupe dude. I wish I could find a silvia front end for mine.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:44 PM   #21
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

Back from the dead here is my one year later update on this thing. I've put this car on the back burner the last year only working on it here and there.

I sold my dented metal silvia hood and picked up a carbon fiber one and had elite jdm extended some s13 lca's for me.

Swapped out the brides for a Hans Racetech seat.

Here is some of my 1j swap parts that I've been collecting. Only things left is an order with driftmotion and to acquire a vvti longblock & this thing should be on the road finally.

I ended up changing my mind on the flared fenders I had(had too much bondo on them for my likeing)and sold them. I also decided to sell my bricks to get a better set that hadn't been repaired.

Decided to wrap the car for now until I decide on what color I want to get the car painted.

Then I finally found a decent set of metal silvia fenders that weren't dented to shit

I still need to finish the bumpers, skirts, handles and rear valences
Old 02-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #22
keepinitpignose

Trader Rating: (0)
keepinitpignose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Back from dead update round 2?
keepinitpignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:59 AM   #23
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You bumped a post from 5 years ago FFS.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:40 AM   #24
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Well, he did say "back from the dead", and 4 years isnt even that long.