Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-30-2019, 09:22 AM   #31
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
I just got these in the mail yesterday, they are long but they do fit fine on S13. Im using the GKtech mount, and their R33 lines. ill snap some pics when i get home. The GKtech Mount is Specific for the R33 Cables to s13

https://us.gktech.com/s13-240sx-drum...onversion-plat

Yeah, but to add issues on top of issues, I’m using the PBM rear knuckle,

https://store.partsshopmax.com/shop/...ct-description

which requires you to swap ebrake assemblies from left to right side, so now the ebrake cable inserts from the top of the backing plate instead of the bottom of the backing plate. The only way I could possibly route the cables made them run like this,

So no matter what bracket/mount plate you use, it was still far too long.

For me, the z32 2+2 cables fit perfectly, line up perfectly, mount perfectly, they’re just way more expensive than the GKTech ones were.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2019, 09:59 AM   #32
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Yeah, but to add issues on top of issues, I’m using the PBM rear knuckle,

https://store.partsshopmax.com/shop/...ct-description

which requires you to swap ebrake assemblies from left to right side, so now the ebrake cable inserts from the top of the backing plate instead of the bottom of the backing plate. The only way I could possibly route the cables made them run like this,

So no matter what bracket/mount plate you use, it was still far too long.

For me, the z32 2+2 cables fit perfectly, line up perfectly, mount perfectly, they’re just way more expensive than the GKTech ones were.

Ah, ok makes sense with the set up you are using, mine follow a similar path (green line) but no where near that far back. Ill snap a pic later when i get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:26 AM   #33
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
Ah, ok makes sense with the set up you are using, mine follow a similar path (green line) but no where near that far back. Ill snap a pic later when i get home.

Yeah the green line is a bit exaggerated, it’s probably closer to the blue line, but I didn’t like having it routed further towards the rear of the car at all.

With the z32 2+2 cables, it follows the red line and is the perfect length.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2019, 11:53 AM   #34
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
300zx brake swap e-brake setup

Hmm weird, They should work even with PBM Drop knuckles. Well it worked for me at least. I just installed them on mine two weeks ago. I had used that little gold bracket the lines come with to bolt part of the line where the original e brake mounted at and then bolt the end of the line to the gktech bracket.

I should probably take a pic when I get a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #35
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Hmm weird, They should work even with PBM Drop knuckles. Well it worked for me at least. I just installed them on mine two weeks ago. I had used that little gold bracket the lines come with to bolt part of the line where the original e brake mounted at and then bolt the end of the line to the gktech bracket.

I should probably take a pic when I get a chance
i'm def curious to see how they route on your car,
for me the 2+2 cables were the perfect fit

Quote:
Old 07-30-2019, 04:00 PM   #36
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Here is how mine fit. Gktech r33 cables and mount

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote