Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-08-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
strat.attack13

Trader Rating: (0)
strat.attack13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
r33 5 lug swap with z32 parts?

There's a naturally aspirated r33 gts for sale near me for a really good deal, and I'm very tempted to jump on it, but thought I should figure out some of the parts needed to get it to where I want for a clean daily.

I know that all the aftermarket suspension, interior and body parts are pretty much interchangeable with gts-t's, so that part is sorted, but the thing I haven't been able to find yet is about the 5 lug swap.

Everywhere I've searched, and every forum I've found has basically said to accumulate all the parts from a gts-t, but being in the states, its a difficult thing to do/find, and they're all fairly expensive. Buying aftermarket parts is one thing, but sourcing oe parts for skylines is still relatively difficult here.

My question is about using z32 parts... from what I can gather, the z32 brakes are the same, and should bolt up, however, I haven't been able to find much on the hubs as to say if they're the same or not, and will they work.

That being said, will I be able to use all oe z32 parts to complete the swap? or will I have to source all oem skyline brakes and hubs?

If anyone has any insight to this problem, that would be great! It has always been my dream to someday own an r33, as cheesy as that sounds, but I've dreamed of this since I was a little kid, and really would like to get this car.

I just need to figure out some parts I need first

Thanks!
strat.attack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links