Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-06-2020, 10:56 PM   #1
TheRealNighthog
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
TheRealNighthog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S14 Tie rod options

I'm waiting on my FA 2 ways to show up and I'm currently looking for new tie rods. S14 rods work right on my B14 so I'm looking for opinions on various brands since I will be using spherical type with modded lower arms to correct roll center and bump steer.

Seems the higher quality brands are SPL, GKTech, and PBM with the lower levels that are still decent are Peak, P2M, ISR, Circuit etc. Are there any standouts as far as design or quality? I like the design of the GKTech inners

I really want one that has a dust boot but if needed I can get those myself. The car will be tracked quite a bit and occasional daily as I feel like.
TheRealNighthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2020, 12:41 AM   #2
samotage
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I?m really happy with my ISR tie rods, they have all the above and are really nice. Though GKtech are very good too, and local here in Melbourne. I?ve got a lot of their gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
NashT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have GKtechs, they are dope and you cut to fit for custom lengths.

You can find boots pretty easily, and just use regular hose clamps to mount
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #4
NashT
Zilvia Member

NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Also if you want more lock, check out Bink Industries, Nate is a super nice and very knowledgeable guy
Old 04-07-2020, 02:01 PM   #5
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
I've got a pair of outers from SPL and a pair from GKTech. Here are a few things I've observed installing both.

GKTech - They fit well, GK includes different length ends for the heims to accommodate different length inner tie rods. They do what they need to, I haven't had any issue with them. I do not like that the heim joints are very large, even more so with the dust boots, mine actually hit the lower control arm at full lock. The finish is subpar, the heims came out of the box with the paint chipped in a few spots.

SPL - Fit is perfect, included hardware is very high quality. Only include one length end for the heims, will need longer inners to run these on a car with extended LCA's/angle mods. Heim joints are small and a proper sealed part, no dust boots required. Overall finish is top notch.

If I was buying another set for any of my cars, I'd go SPL without hesitation over anything else.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:56 PM   #6
NashT
Zilvia Member

I assumed he was talking about "inners" not end links
Old 04-07-2020, 08:20 PM   #7
mint40

Trader Rating: (0)
mint40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have an s13 but I really enjoyed the tein tie rods. They are discontinued now sadly. I know people are using voodoo13 with z33/v35 inners
mint40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:03 PM   #8
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
As much as I like Touge Factory, I recommend you stay far away from their tie rods. Mine have been nothing but trouble since the beginning. They send nylon lock nuts for them which came loose on me multiple times, and one time even popped off on one side, and yes they were properly torqued. Luckily I was turning around in a cultesac when it happened. I solved that issue by double nutting them, which is kind of annoying. Then while drifting I spun out. Didn't go off track, didn't hit anything. As I was turning back around I felt a pop, which was one of the studs snapping off for seemingly no reason. They replaced it for free which is nice, but I have absolutely no faith in them, and idk about you but steering is one of those things that I prefer to be in good working order.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:59 PM   #9
TheRealNighthog
Leaky Injector

TheRealNighthog is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes this will be for a B14 200sx. My friend is running S14 Hardrace setup on his B13 without issue. I feel like it's down to JKTech or SPL. I like that GK sells just the spherical bearing by itself as well.

And yes i want Inners and Outters
TheRealNighthog is offline   Reply With Quote