Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Genuine OEM Nissan S13 Silvia metal fender thread (info inside)

This thread serves as an info thread for the S13 Silvia fenders that I have sourced. In the future, it will be updated with pricing, purchasing info, and additional info regarding other genuine Nissan fender and body pieces that I am trying to bring in (180SX, S14 zenki/kouki, S13 grille, 180SX wing, etc)

I have the approval of at least one mod to post this for now. I've been asking about setting up a vendor account for months, and will gladly pay out vendor fees dating back to Feb 1 2020 for as long as I am selling these fenders (or any other product).
  • Genuine Nissan OEM fenders, complete with Nissan sticker and part number.
  • "Nissan Genuine Parts" sticker, labeled as "Made in Japan"
  • Black, unpainted.
  • Sold as a pair.
  • Price TBD, waiting for box quotes as well as ocean freight invoice.
  • 10 pairs available, currently 4-6 pairs sold (depending on what I negotiate with at least two of the buyers).

What I do not know is where these are made. They are sourced from a genuine Nissan parts distributor in Asia, they say "Made in Japan", but we all know the fenders are no longer available in Japan. So there exists the possibility that they were produced outside of Japan, repackaged there, then sent to the parts distributor. I cannot tell you definitively where they are made, unless someone can test the metal out to see what part of the world it might come from...

I will update this thread later. Pics I took this morning:

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2020, 09:01 PM   #2
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow, it just got real. Hope they sell out, then an investment in reproducing them might be worth looking into. 1500 a pair is not that bad of a price when you consider other parts people spend that kind of money on. Hell, if I was in a better financial situation I would probably get a set even though I have no used for them They wont go down in value, that's for sure.
Good luck with your venture!
Old 02-17-2020, 09:09 PM   #3
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
subbed yo!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 02-17-2020, 11:30 PM   #4
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Hope they sell out, then an investment in reproducing them might be worth looking into.
Nah, if they’re still available to order then there’s no need to do reproduction.

This is new stock made to order. I’m not interested in doing replicas, plenty of shops out there can fill that niche.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #5
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
PM me the price for a pair when you figure that out please. I'll keep my eyes on this thread.

Also if there's any chance of getting new 180sx fenders as well.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:01 AM   #6
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Pm me a price shipped to 01077.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #7
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Interested depending on price.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:17 PM   #8
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Guys,

Asking me to PM you a price right now will not get you a response.

I do not know price until I am ready for payments to be accepted and I know how I am shipping it.

Please understand this. Anyone that has sent me a PM will not get a response.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:31 PM   #9
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
wow, it just got real. Hope they sell out, then an investment in reproducing them might be worth looking into. 1500 a pair is not that bad of a price when you consider other parts people spend that kind of money on. Hell, if I was in a better financial situation I would probably get a set even though I have no used for them They wont go down in value, that's for sure.
Good luck with your venture!
$1500 for a pair is a steal. when i was looking for a new quarter panel for my s14 (about 5 years ago) they were about $1500 EACH plus shipping. kinda puts in perspective, the amount of body damage people do to a car to 'fit wheels'.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:14 PM   #10
SR20DETsilvia
Leaky Injector

SR20DETsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Subscribed for future pricing.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #11
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Okay, I thought you were trying to lock in buyers for every pair you will have available.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:22 PM   #12
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Okay, I thought you were trying to lock in buyers for every pair you will have available.
not doing that, that's a disservice to people when I can't give them an accurate price.

if I was basing availability on "I want fenders", it's all spoken for. but some have expressed to me privately (either on Zilvia or elsewhere) that certain price points aren't acceptable to them.

I have to weigh the costs of producing boxes to ship them, vs this shipment + possible future shipment costs. If I produce boxes but future shipments are nixed, I'm stuck with a bunch of large boxes that I have no immediate use for, which means I'm losing money overall.

Anyhow, a bunch of business and logistics. I'll price out something fair and go from there.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:29 AM   #13
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
[*]10 pairs available, currently 4-6 pairs sold (depending on what I negotiate with at least two of the buyers).
I think this line in the original post might be what is causing people to request a price from you. It makes it sound like you are in fact accepting payments/reservations from people at the moment and that most are already sold, which might be causing a bit of a panic. Just a thought though- not trying to bash what you have going in any way.

Definitely excited to see what comes of this. Thanks for the hard work and bringing a valuable service to this community.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #14
Beanzo

Trader Rating: (0)
Beanzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
whoa thats pretty cool, never thought I'd see them so new.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #15
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I think this line in the original post might be what is causing people to request a price from you. It makes it sound like you are in fact accepting payments/reservations from people at the moment and that most are already sold, which might be causing a bit of a panic.
I know, I disclosed that info because I started this out of an inquiry from a friend. A few sets are sold to friends who committed to buying without ever knowing the price, all they wanted was new genuine metal fenders at any cost.

I think the main thing moving forward is that this is not the sole shipment. I have another 15 pairs on order but it will realistically arrive in Q3 2020. The pricing will be same, if not cheaper, but there will be a wait for them.

I am putting out all this info mainly because I fully expect the first shipment pricing to be higher (especially to cover the initial cost of me producing the boxes that I need to ship these). Plus, I have to negotiate a rate with UPS (because the box I'm building is specifically to meet the UPS small package size limit), so the set sell price with shipping factors in to the target price I'm trying to list it for. If the second shipment price will be lower, I also need to come up with a way to compensate people that purchased the first time around if the gap is too large.

In any case, I'm no stranger to online sales and logistics for imported goods. I'm just doing this the right way because in 20+ years of involvement in the automotive parts industry, this is my first time selling entirely on my own.

Alex
Old 02-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #16
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Makes a lot of sense Alex. Thank you for the info. I can't say I can commit to a set of Silvia fenders just yet, but this is for sure something I am keeping my eyes on. Keep up the good work!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-21-2020, 02:21 PM   #17
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
Trader Rating: (0)
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
not trying to derail, but since roof skins and the underlying supports are unobtainium for s14s, and I really need to delete my sunroof, any chance that wherever you're getting these fenders from could do those also?
Old 02-21-2020, 06:16 PM   #18
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Update:

Shipped price will be under $1450.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericforumname View Post
not trying to derail, but since roof skins and the underlying supports are unobtainium for s14s, and I really need to delete my sunroof, any chance that wherever you're getting these fenders from could do those also?
That’s possible. I haven’t asked about part numbers yet so will cross that road after I get a response to my most recent inquiry.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:23 PM   #19
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
curious how this plays out
Old 02-23-2020, 04:09 PM   #20
SR20DETsilvia
Leaky Injector

SR20DETsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm still in at that price. Will be watching for further updates, notifications are on.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:51 PM   #21
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i will be interested when you have your shipment of 180sx fenders on the way

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 03-01-2020, 03:21 PM   #22
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
In like flynn
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 03-01-2020, 04:39 PM   #23
s1421
Zilvia Addict

s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Im in on buying panels for my s13 and s14s
Old 03-01-2020, 06:49 PM   #24
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Sorry guys, I have all 10 pairs with me but I'm waiting for a few things to clear up before i can 1) finish the site for purchasing, and 2) start receiving them in for selling.

My accountant asked me to not do anything money-wise until she can finish my taxes, hopefully it's done in the next week or so (I have to complete my filing by 3/15 anyhow due to S-Corp status). In any case, the fenders are here (and they're real) and I will make sure everyone that wants to buy (now or later) has a chance.

But... price will be $940 per pair (picked up no box) or $1200 shipped.

Shipped price is via Pilot Freight to CONTUS and also includes box/packaging fees since I am sending a pair of fenders in a single large box. Shipping will be extra if outside of lower 48 states. Also, for anyone in CA I will charge 7.75% sales tax on the $940 price for the pair of fenders.

Please give me a few more days for purchase link, thank you.

Alex
Old 03-02-2020, 07:48 AM   #25
HellaSexyS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
HellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
are silvia fenders really going for $1400 plus now adays? I remember buying oem fenders (it was about 10 years ago now) for like $200.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:26 AM   #26
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellaSexyS13 View Post
are silvia fenders really going for $1400 plus now adays? I remember buying oem fenders (it was about 10 years ago now) for like $200.
Some are trying....

Sub 1000 ain't bad at all. Will larger orders/more demand see an overall decrease in price or this a fixed/firm price from here on?
Old 03-02-2020, 02:35 PM   #27
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
Sub 1000 ain't bad at all. Will larger orders/more demand see an overall decrease in price or this a fixed/firm price from here on?
Probably can reduce the price if a group buy situation, however I estimate I still would spend 30-60 minutes packaging each pair, then ship.

What I do not want to do is take prepayment or any type of deposit, because I do not want to take anyone's money until I am ready to actually ship product. So the pricing reflects some aspect of opportunity cost for me with regards to pricing and risk (of future purchase orders that I send out).

I will make every effort to reduce pricing to be fair, but I am also making sure this is not a one time deal and that I can sustain this moving forward.... see my other thread about other S13/14 parts for an idea.

Alex
Old 03-12-2020, 10:21 PM   #28
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I am receiving the box late next week and should be able to ship sometime after 3/23.

There are 7 pairs available on this first shipment. I've sent replies to everyone that has asked about them. PM me if you are interested.

Pics out of the box:

Alex
Old 03-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #29
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Ase lysol them down and burn the orignal boex...u know CORONAVIRUS LOL

EDIT: Small-minded ignorance will not be tolerated. User was pinked for this post
Old 04-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #30
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I am ready to ship next week.

Pricing remains at $940 + tax for pickup, and $1200 shipped. Tax applies if you are in CA.

7 pairs available. Truck freight to your location... currently trucking company advised that they cannot allow destination terminal pickup, so I cannot offer that as a cheaper solution for delivery to your door.

Alex
Closed Thread