Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-19-2019, 09:58 AM   #1051
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Evo boys make 600+ at all fours on a 7163

Where did you source the proprietary indycar v band turbine inlet flange and 3 bolt compressor inlet?
Turbine inlet flange was sourced from 3MI racing on facebook. Really nice quality, had it shipped directly to Jon @ futurefab who was making my manifold. Perfect fitment btw.
3MI makes 3 bolt inlet adapters as well, but they have none in stock and make them upon request. I have yet to source one from them, but I haven't seen them anywhere else. Still need to figure out that piece of my puzzle for now.
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #1052
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
I am trying to have Jon make me a VE bottom mount T4 twin scroll for my 7163. However, he does not have any 4 cylinder twin scroll merge collectors handy

P.s Does that mean you are also on a EWG?? I am trying to keep IWG due to heat and packaging reasons.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #1053
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Jon really helped me out with my manifold. I sourced a p12 head specific flange from Taarks as well as the turbine flange and he worked with me to make my ideal manifold.
Yes, I will be running EWG. Definitely something I thought pretty hard about, but it'll work best with my setup. Im utilizing a boosterless pedalbox setup which will keep my reservoirs in the cabin, and clear up all the firewall real estate on the drivers side of the engine bay. Gives me a lot of room to work with and keeps the heat from the hotside almost completely isolated. Im considering doing a wastegate dump out the hood where the master cylinder would sit stock, but not entirely sure on my exhaust situation quite yet. I sacrificed a lot of the features of the off the shelf 7163 (IWG, integrated BOV) but the weight savings and simplicity of the IRL turbo (while keeping the speed sensor, which was very important to me) just ended up outweighing the cons for me.

Again, not going to be ideal for everybody as I'm incorporating a lot of custom components, but everything on my build is tailored specifically to my unique needs and vision.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:48 AM   #1054
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Actually, I worked with Jon as the test mule/provided measurements for his EFR top mount manifold 3-4 years ago so yeah, I would like to work with him again if at all possible

The stock photo with red/pink valve cover on a S14 he uses on his site?? Yeah, that was my car
Old 02-19-2019, 11:40 AM   #1055
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I know there's a bunch of reputable fabricators who can make you a twin scroll collector and ship it over. Surprised he doesn't just make one if that's what you're wanting to pay for.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #1056
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Easier and cheaper to just buy the collectors.
Also time saved
Old 02-19-2019, 02:06 PM   #1057
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
True, but then you risk justifying the integrity of your manifold with a collector that may or may not be up to par with the rest of the manifold. Strength wise.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:08 PM   #1058
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
True, but then you risk justifying the integrity of your manifold with a collector that may or may not be up to par with the rest of the manifold. Strength wise.
Could be solved with a cnc collector, no?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:22 PM   #1059
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Meh. That is less of an issue than you think. Vibrant makes great stuff for instance, but most Fabricators have a single or a few sources that they get the proper collector from and manifold material from.

Also, just buy from a reputable fabricator. Chances are, they are sourcing the proper material. Also, regardless of building your own or you sourcing them, most collectors are made from a small variety of SS and most material is either sourced from China or the US.

SS is resilient enough that small variations in SS makeup won't mark a noticeable difference unless you run into wild variations.

I trust Jon, as well as many other Fabricators, to get what is necessary. That's why I pay them the $$$ so I don't have to deal with all that

A Fabricators time is $$$. Why pay $50-$100 in material to spend 2-3 hours to make a collector, when they can just spend that same $100, buy a bunch and build several more manifolds in that time??

As the saying goes; sometimes the juice just aint worth the squeeze
Old 02-20-2019, 10:40 AM   #1060
insa

Trader Rating: (0)
insa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Interesting is the boost falling in the higher RPM's? the power is falling slowly to 7500 or did you adjust the cam gears to get it that way?
Nope, no adjustments.

Quote:
A few things

- "60lb" turbo on 93 Octane, so no surprise to see it falling off up top
- P12 cams may be holding him back up top.
- Boost taper up top

Otherwise, this is a very wicked dyno! Love everything about it . 300+ ft lbs over 4K (and @ 3600 at that) is fantastic and into V8 territory
Yes, I think so too. Overall it's a pretty small turbo and given the compression and slightly increased capacity, we expected this to happen... everybody "warned" me that the turbo would be too small, but it's a trade off I'm willing to accept for the response and drivability... Not only chasing numbers.
Very keen on trying a bigger turbine one day or see what more we can do with Ethanol. Had no money at hand for a proper flex fuel tune tbh. ;(
Btw there's a speed sensor installed and we were very far away from maxing it out.
insa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:00 AM   #1061
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

insa, I just realized

Are you running a sleeved engine?? 89x91 is a big boy engine and probably why all the the torques
Old 02-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #1062
insa

Yep, it's sleeved and that's also part of the reason why the powerband shifts a bit to the left. Yes yes helps with torque as well
Old 02-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #1063
insa

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Holy hell, thanks for posting your dyno. My setup incorporates a single scroll EFR 7163 .85 indycar turbo, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to push 550 wheel out of it. This gives me a lot more confidence that it's the right turbo for my goals, especially since ill be on e85. Hopefully I dont suffer too much more with spool compared to your twin scroll/smaller a/r setup.
Cheers. I guess you will be fine and reach your goal with E85. Keen on seeing your dyno sheet one day.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:46 AM   #1064
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Well all said and done, I will have two sets of N1 Intake/ 16VE exhaust cams up for sale if anyone wants a set. Guy is sending me the other exhaust cam.

EDIT: One set sold. One set left

Last edited by RalliartRsX; 02-28-2019 at 06:13 AM..
Old 03-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #1065
kojiki88
Zilvia Member

kojiki88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a question about the PCV valve for the P11 head. I want to tap the PCV hole and the one to the back near it. What size would be good to go with? -8, -10?
Thank you
Old 04-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #1066
RZRSHARP_240SX
Leaky Injector

RZRSHARP_240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
I used -8 for my valve cover
RZRSHARP_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:37 PM   #1067
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

-10AN all around here. Its essentially the same ID as the stock.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #1068
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

..........Sooooo, anyone else got their VET up and running??
Old 07-02-2019, 08:51 AM   #1069
peglio

peglio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Nope [emoji23][emoji23] just got my final bits back from balancing so should be collecting the engine in the next couple of weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
peglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:04 AM   #1070
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

My block is still getting assembled, have mostly everything else that I need to drop it in so I’m itching to get it back..
Old 07-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #1071
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Kaisen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Me me! Thought there were quite afew?
Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:17 AM   #1072
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
My block is still getting assembled, have mostly everything else that I need to drop it in so I’m itching to get it back..
Did you figure your manifold and turbo?? Still on a 7163 v band external gate?? Seems like Fab Bros now manufactures the Indy Car EFR v band inlet flange (at a premium of $110 a piece!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisen View Post
Me me! Thought there were quite afew?
Nice! Info to build??

I just got mine running a few days ago. Stock stroke, 86.5 bore, forged bottom end, supertech stock sized vales with some bowl work, EFR 7163, sinco manifold, JK41 gearbox.

Thing sounds mental! Doing intercooler piping tonight (hopefully) and redoing the exhaust later this week.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:40 AM   #1073
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

[QUOTE=RalliartRsX;6348833]Did you figure your manifold and turbo?? Still on a 7163 v band external gate?? Seems like Fab Bros now manufactures the Indy Car EFR v band inlet flange (at a premium of $110 a piece!!)

Got that flange from 3mi Racing some time back for about the same price. Sent it off to Jon at future fab along with a taarks p12 head flange and he made me a gorgeous manifold. Still need to track down an inlet adapter for the weird indycar 3 bolt inlet
Old 07-03-2019, 12:11 AM   #1074
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Quote:

Nice! Info to build??

I just got mine running a few days ago. Stock stroke, 86.5 bore, forged bottom end, supertech stock sized vales with some bowl work, EFR 7163, sinco manifold, JK41 gearbox.

Thing sounds mental! Doing intercooler piping tonight (hopefully) and redoing the exhaust later this week.
I'm using SR20VE CP pistons 87 bore, spool imports conrods, tomei HG 1.2mm(cant really recall), supertech valves and springs, full race twin scroll manifold with Borgwarner EFR 7670, 2x external wastegates 38mm. Looking at doing up the meth kit next! And maybe BC cams, and maybe stroke up to a 2.2 in the near future
Old 07-03-2019, 12:17 AM   #1075
peglio

Quote:
I'm using SR20VE CP pistons 87 bore, spool imports conrods, tomei HG 1.2mm(cant really recall), supertech valves and springs, full race twin scroll manifold with Borgwarner EFR 7670, 2x external wastegates 38mm. Looking at doing up the meth kit next! And maybe BC cams, and maybe stroke up to a 2.2 in the near future

That sounds very similar to my build , interested to see your results !
Main difference is I’m on Darton sleeves , 89.5mm Carrillo pistons , carillo super pro a rods , full race efr7670 with twin 38mm as well . Not loads of people running this set up but have seen a couple of really nice builds with this turbo and it seems very well suited .
Is yours fully up and running ?

Old 07-03-2019, 12:22 AM   #1076
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by peglio View Post
That sounds very similar to my build , interested to see your results !
Main difference is I’m on Darton sleeves , 89.5mm Carrillo pistons , carillo super pro a rods , full race efr7670 with twin 38mm as well . Not loads of people running this set up but have seen a couple of really nice builds with this turbo and it seems very well suited .
Is yours fully up and running ?

Yep! It's my daily car haha. It's putting down about 360hp on wheels on a mainline dyno. No bragging rights as it's a heartbreaker dyno. But once the cams switch profile and the turbo starts building boost on the highway, I get scared as well lol.

Yours is way more hardcore! 89.5mm! That's some serious business
Old 07-03-2019, 12:25 AM   #1077
peglio

Quote:
Yep! It's my daily car haha. It's putting down about 360hp on wheels on a mainline dyno. No bragging rights as it's a heartbreaker dyno. But once the cams switch profile and the turbo starts building boost on the highway, I get scared as well lol.

Yours is way more hardcore! 89.5mm! That's some serious business

That’s fully awesome man ha ha would love to be able to daily mine but it would just get ruined [emoji23][emoji23]
That’s what I’m really looking forward to being scared by it [emoji23] do you have any videos of the car at all ? Would love to see / hear what it’s like !
Yeah my car is just a weekend toy and sort of showcase for my business so gone a bit ott with everything [emoji1787][emoji1787] totally unnecessary but hopefully will be good .
Do you find it to be pretty responsive downlow with the big housing ? Assuming the twin scroll takes up the slack a bit ?

Old 07-03-2019, 02:19 AM   #1078
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Quote:
That’s fully awesome man ha ha would love to be able to daily mine but it would just get ruined [emoji23][emoji23]
That’s what I’m really looking forward to being scared by it [emoji23] do you have any videos of the car at all ? Would love to see / hear what it’s like !
Yeah my car is just a weekend toy and sort of showcase for my business so gone a bit ott with everything [emoji1787][emoji1787] totally unnecessary but hopefully will be good .
Do you find it to be pretty responsive downlow with the big housing ? Assuming the twin scroll takes up the slack a bit ?

I dont have any videos, but I have some pictures hehe. Engine bay is not the fanciest but Im not doing it for show, so heck it. I can move off the lights decently enough.

https://ibb.co/GFYhkQn
https://ibb.co/QJYNG9m
Old 07-03-2019, 02:31 AM   #1079
peglio

Quote:
I dont have any videos, but I have some pictures hehe. Engine bay is not the fanciest but Im not doing it for show, so heck it. I can move off the lights decently enough.

https://ibb.co/GFYhkQn
https://ibb.co/QJYNG9m

Nice one man [emoji1591] looks snug in the bay , is there much clearance to the turret from the turbo ? That’s the only thing worrying me with mine as I have quite large tubs due to running 19’s

Are any of you guys on insta ?
Love following peoples builds [emoji16]

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd
Old 07-03-2019, 04:07 AM   #1080
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Nice one man [emoji1591] looks snug in the bay , is there much clearance to the turret from the turbo ? That’s the only thing worrying me with mine as I have quite large tubs due to running 19’s

Are any of you guys on insta ?
Love following peoples builds [emoji16]

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd
I had to hammer my wheel well just a little as the inlet pipe is touching it. But other than that not much issues. What's your insta?