Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
180sxmaniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ohio 240sx Community

What's up Ohio,

As you can see I live here in Cali where the 240sx scene is all but dead and ruined but long story short I'll be moving to Columbus in November and I'm curious how the s-chassis scene is. I'll be parting ways with my s13 b4 I leave and I'm hoping to find an S14 in Ohio but I'm curious how things work out there. To quickly elaborate do the guys running Sr20's have a difficult time getting an illegal smog, are the cops anal with the tuners their, how hard is it to find a good running silvia, are there any drift/240sx crews, how many tracks/grassroot events go on per year?

Thanks guys looking forward to the responses and feedback
GO BUCKEYES!
180sxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Cut my wrists and black my eyes.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
So I can fall asleep tonight, or die.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
hastin09
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
hastin09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
There's a few small tracks around they drift at regularly in Columbus. Not a lot of 240 drivers around but you can find them. And good luck finding a shell without rust haha, took me about six months. But yea were here, not in the numbers of Cali I would imagine though. A lot less rwd guys in Ohio just because of the weather.

Built > Bought
hastin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #5
1Day
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
1Day is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What the hell's a smog check I live in the sticks tho. Prices are going to be way higher then you're used to and finding parts locally are a PITA (S14). Like mentioned, 2 cars a must bc you'd be a fool to drive a 240 in the winter in OH. I hope you like hillbilly trucks and fat girls.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
glacier985
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
glacier985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm in central ohio, nice 240's are hard to find here. While the do come up for sale sometimes, most people want way to much money. As far as I'm aware Smog checks are only required in and around the Cleveland area. The current drift events I've been to are at Columbus Motor Speedway and put on by Drift Movement.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #7
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
ohiodrifting.com

Kil-kare raceway in Xenia has a couple events a year. They don't smog check in Columbus. Finding a rust free car will be a chore. Plan to head south (TN or GA) to get a car that isnt junk (or buy mine). Depending on where you are and how loud your car is you may get fined for having a loud car. More likely to get hassled for not having a front lic. plate.
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_sr20 View Post
ohiodrifting.com

Kil-kare raceway in Xenia has a couple events a year. They don't smog check in Columbus. Finding a rust free car will be a chore. Plan to head south (TN or GA) to get a car that isnt junk (or buy mine). Depending on where you are and how loud your car is you may get fined for having a loud car. More likely to get hassled for not having a front lic. plate.

If they don't smog check,you only have to pay for your tags every year I'm guessing?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
What the hell's a smog check I live in the sticks tho. Prices are going to be way higher then you're used to and finding parts locally are a PITA (S14). Like mentioned, 2 cars a must bc you'd be a fool to drive a 240 in the winter in OH. I hope you like hillbilly trucks and fat girls.
Yea I have an older Ford Explorer waiting for me in Columbus that will be my snowy weather car, finding parts I kinda figured would be difficult and I'd be shocked to find a silvia more expensive than they are here. Zenki's with KA's with or without a kouki face go for around 7k here.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastin09 View Post
There's a few small tracks around they drift at regularly in Columbus. Not a lot of 240 drivers around but you can find them. And good luck finding a shell without rust haha, took me about six months. But yea were here, not in the numbers of Cali I would imagine though. A lot less rwd guys in Ohio just because of the weather.
What's the degree of difficulty in finding shops that knows how to work on a Sr20 240sx?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_sr20 View Post
ohiodrifting.com

Travel to GA is hell naw lol I hate road trips that's why I'm selling my silvia b4 I leave so that I can fly to Ohio. I hear TN has some nice imports,what about that other state just North of Ohio lol?
Old 07-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #12
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sxmaniac View Post
What's the degree of difficulty in finding shops that knows how to work on a Sr20 240sx?
forcedfabllc.com located in Dayton. Only an hour from columbus.
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
monstersisson4466

monstersisson4466 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Is it really that bad?
That guy must really live in the sticks. I live about thirty minutes north of Columbus, and we got some nice lookin ladies. There are 240's around that are clean. Gotta know people. Some people know their value and keep them out of the snow here..... and well others don't. Columbus does have open drift every so often but illegal is so much more fun..... JK but I wish we had more tracks :sad:
monstersisson4466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #14
GrimDrifter
Leaky Injector

GrimDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GrimDrifter Send a message via Yahoo to GrimDrifter
Doesn't seem to be a whole lot here in Columbus. But in Akron on Sundays they have a pretty mean car met, though not just s chassis. But no smog is nice.
GrimDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #15
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
bro dont do it stay in cali TRUST ME

if you happen to come anyway bring your cali car its a fun road trip

h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
I tried to get the ohionissans.net community going again. Never have been able to keep the activity up.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
fearlessKouki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
fearlessKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm from Cleveland area woot woot lol
fearlessKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
lilnev11

lilnev11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
What's up Ohio,

As you can see I live here in Cali where the 240sx scene is all but dead and ruined but long story short I'll be moving to Columbus in November and I'm curious how the s-chassis scene is. I'll be parting ways with my s13 b4 I leave and I'm hoping to find an S14 in Ohio but I'm curious how things work out there. To quickly elaborate do the guys running Sr20's have a difficult time getting an illegal smog, are the cops anal with the tuners their, how hard is it to find a good running silvia, are there any drift/240sx crews, how many tracks/grassroot events go on per year?

Thanks guys looking forward to the responses and feedback
GO BUCKEYES!
First off I offer a premature welcome to the double-O! I'm relatively new to the Schassis scene myself and especially to Zilvia. I personally have an SR kouki never get any issues from the 5-0. we don't require emission checks annually as opposed to other states they did away with that before I even got my license lol. As far as cops being butthurt about tuners.. if you respect the streets they respect you. Here in Cincinnati we meet downtown on Tuesdays & as long as everyone is being responsible we aren't bothered. Hell, just last night we were at a low key slide spot in which we had just got done leaving our marks, CPD pulled up and politely asked us to leave. Im not sure about the Cbus situation though. finding a car can be difficult or it can be simple I had mine literally fall into my lap. Events? You're in a great location there in central Ohio. "Drift movement" holds an event like twice a month at Columbus motor speedway that's open drift & a simple $26 entry fee takes care of a full day of fun filled sideways shenanigans.

If you're looking for a good crew find us on Facebook. Cincy Drift Scene. I joined a few months back & have met a lot of great guys that are very helpful & post daily. We hang out a couple times a month and go late night cruising. It's a pretty active group and one of the only ones ive found helpful in Cincy. its not limited to the tri state area either there's quite a few guys on the page from Dayton, Middletown, Hamilton, & Columbus.

I hope to see you on there tell them all Alex sent ya!

PS. There's quite a few kick ass deals on 14's on Cincinnati craigslist right now so hurry up & come snatch one.
lilnev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #19
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
ohiooooooo

h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #20
SxMachine
Zilvia Member

SxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her self
Not to hate on ohio or anything but the car scene here in central ohio sux to say the least. I moved up here from atl 6 months ago and I've yet to find even a faint tuner pulse here. Other than that the cities are cool.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #21
Skleinmney

Skleinmney is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe I should move to Columbus or something because cleveland is just about dead when it comes to anything dealing with tuned cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skleinmney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #22
Scherz Daddy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
Scherz Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Scherz Daddy
I'm in NW Ohio...Just your average LS1 swapped s14
Scherz Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:34 PM   #23
Nikku

Nikku is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm from Brunswick (near Cleveland), I have 2 hatches, my friends have, a white hatch, a red hatch, a dark grey coupe (s13), and a blue s14. All in a 10 mile radius from my house. There are a bunch of other people I know from all around with 240s as well.

P.S. I daily my one hatch, winter and all, never had an issue getting up a hill or anything, maybe b/c I have good winter tires on it...
Nikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #24
SxMachine
Zilvia Member

SxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her self
This is depressing. Does anyone know about ANYTHING happening here for the spring/summer import related??
Old 03-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #25
Scherz Daddy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
Scherz Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Scherz Daddy
What area in Ohio are you? There is a ton of stuff on the calendar for this year already...
Scherz Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote