Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #1
scorch666

Trader Rating: (0)
scorch666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my Stock 98 Nissan 240sx

I just picked up this stock nissan 240sx se. Only bad thing is an automatic. But engine and transmission are really smooth. The drivers door needs a pin because it's sagging a bit. But i was suprised there was still a stock 240sx around with only 114k original miles

https://youtu.be/xwlW689MfrM
scorch666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
scorch666

Are there any 240sx owners in Maryland. I'd like to do a video of your car if you are willing.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
scorch666

Old 10-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
In on first

do you have any questions about that beautiful seemingly unaltered vehicle?
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
scorch666

No, no questions other than showing it to the group.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
srh666
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
srh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dont be in a rush and over pay for manual swap parts. Take your time. For many years good transmissions were only 100 bucks, although im not sure about todays prices but they are not uncommon so dont jump the gun!
srh666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:01 PM   #7
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Do bn blister kit now! Cut the rear quarters to clear 18x13 wheels, and do a 2jz swap....car would be fire!!!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #8
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Auto is faster than manual
and the KA engine is larger than an sr20

Around 2015 had a 1997 with 44,000 miles pristine, and I was planning to simply add shift kit and 350rwhp turbo kit done. But I decided not to alter the car and sold it before I could change anything.

I guess what I am saying is, there is a lot of unlockable potential in a 240sx, and especially in an unmodified example. But it's more like a random present that could be bar of platinum or a dog turd, sometimes the box is prettier than whats inside, to some the value of the unknown potential is high.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #9
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
This isn't the appropriate section. I'm on board for showcasing OEM cars, but please find the right section.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:10 AM   #10
vasponger

vasponger is on the path to ruinvasponger is on the path to ruin
that guy wanted a bunch of money for that car, what did you end up paying
vasponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:26 AM   #11
scorch666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
This isn't the appropriate section. I'm on board for showcasing OEM cars, but please find the right section.
Whats the appropriate section? I thought this was a general chat section?
Old 10-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch666 View Post
Whats the appropriate section? I thought this was a general chat section?

I agree with this, and would further clarify the meaning to imply that one may merely converse with oneself successfully here as well

in other words, even if only 1 person posts in a thread, as long as there are more than two posts it counts as a conversation "general chat" even if all the posts are by the same individual. The reason this vision is included when performing stats on internet conversations is because in reality a programmer can create multiple user names in random locations and make what appears to be many people having a conversation and generally agree on one subject, thus empowering the sale or distribution of specific knowledge or materials via subterfuge

the next time you read reviews on the internet ask yourself "could this be really one person writing multiple reviews"
Old 10-20-2019, 01:55 PM   #13
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
dizzariot literally created an oem+ thread. click on his profile and look at threads he has started (/)__-) jeeeez
my 240 broke down..again
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #14
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

maybe he wants his own thread. Let him have this one tiny space on the internet, do you somehow gain by it's emptiness or non existence? does its appearance offend you? I am trying to find the motivation for your actions, usually with animals it involves food, shelter, etc... but

wheres the food?
Old 10-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #15
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
In no way am I offended by the car, as a matter of fact I appreciate getting to look at it one last time since I saw it for sale not too long ago. even so, since it is in the "chat" section I guess the post is creating what it was intended to do? chat? I was merely describing what dizzariot was referring to. my motivation may be boredom at this point.
my 240 broke down..again
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #16
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
beautiful car. Please DON'T do any irreversible mods on it such as cutting the rears for over fenders. You'll have a much easier time re-selling in the future when you lose interest if you keep it stockish and wont lose as much money.
And I dont care if an auto is faster... autos are boring af. Do a proper 5 speed swap, freshen up the suspension, and enjoy for a while until you decide what you really wanna do.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:38 PM   #17
scorch666

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
beautiful car. Please DON'T do any irreversible mods on it such as cutting the rears for over fenders. You'll have a much easier time re-selling in the future when you lose interest if you keep it stockish and wont lose as much money.
And I dont care if an auto is faster... autos are boring af. Do a proper 5 speed swap, freshen up the suspension, and enjoy for a while until you decide what you really wanna do.
I think that is exactly what I had in mind. I like the stock look, but I do like the manual speed just for the fun of driving a stick shift. This isn't my only car, but it is a car more for a nice day to go out and enjoy some corners.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:57 PM   #18
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
maybe he wants his own thread. Let him have this one tiny space on the internet, do you somehow gain by it's emptiness or non existence? does its appearance offend you? I am trying to find the motivation for your actions, usually with animals it involves food, shelter, etc... but

wheres the food?
...well typically we would tell someone (as a forum, and in a meaner way) that if you want to showcase your car you should make a Build Thread. I think 'build' is too strong a word (even in my case) but that's where I'd go.

Simply coming her to say 'look at my stock car' is kind of lame. The thread I started is exactly for that. Do I get any kickbacks or benefit from people posting there? No, but it's pretty much the exact spot this could've been posted in.

At any rate, OP, if you have multiple cars I'd slowly source all the OEM stuff for a manual swap. That's how I did my grey hatch and it worked out without any hiccups. Don't forget the manual speed sensor.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:06 PM   #19
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
If this isnt a drift missle by the end of 2020 i have 0 faith left in humanity....
Old 10-20-2019, 06:54 PM   #20
scorch666

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
If this isnt a drift missle by the end of 2020 i have 0 faith left in humanity....

lol, stay tuned
Old 10-21-2019, 08:00 AM   #21
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yo how much you pay for that thing? They seem to be going for redic prices now. Just curious.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #22
scorch666

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Yo how much you pay for that thing? They seem to be going for redic prices now. Just curious.
Too much for sure. But i think it's worth it.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:27 PM   #23
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch666 View Post
lol, stay tuned

full send it!
Old 10-21-2019, 08:41 PM   #24
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...well typically we would tell someone (as a forum, and in a meaner way) that if you want to showcase your car you should make a Build Thread. I think 'build' is too strong a word (even in my case) but that's where I'd go.
I agree with this

Quote:
Simply coming her to say 'look at my stock car' is kind of lame.
I agree with this

nevertheless, anybody that wants to open a chat box and talk to themselves in general chat shouldn't be harassed for it.

I think thats what everyone keeps forgetting, just because topic is old or irrelevant doesn't make it inapplicable. Just ignore those topics if they bother you, don't harass the creators over it because it makes you look like a time waster. "Why am I here in the first place?" So many things you could have done instead, but we are all guilty of that so don't feel bad either.
For some this is entertainment value.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:08 PM   #25
scorch666

All of this over a post showcasing a car. Lol. Must be slow here.