Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-04-2020, 02:03 PM   #23341
BennettWT

Trader Rating: (0)
BennettWT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm having a weird horn problem with my NRG quick release. With the face plate off (the thing that the wheel attaches to where you take the nut off to remove the hub) if you connect the 2 horn prongs the horns sound off like normal. It acts normal until I go to thread a bolt in there to bolt the face plate on. When I do that the horn sounds continuously. Nothing I've tried from searching here or Nico has worked. Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
BennettWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #23342
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettWT View Post
I'm having a weird horn problem with my NRG quick release. With the face plate off (the thing that the wheel attaches to where you take the nut off to remove the hub) if you connect the 2 horn prongs the horns sound off like normal. It acts normal until I go to thread a bolt in there to bolt the face plate on. When I do that the horn sounds continuously. Nothing I've tried from searching here or Nico has worked. Anyone got any ideas?
check the wiring diagrams on the FSM. Clearly you're completing the circuit, causing the horn to sound.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #23343
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is there anywhere that still sells new Version Select V5 bumpers for S13? I’ve only been able to find the V6 “type x” style. Really liking the large bumper opening on the V4/V5.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:37 AM   #23344
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
Is there anywhere that still sells new Version Select V5 bumpers for S13? I?ve only been able to find the V6 ?type x? style. Really liking the large bumper opening on the V4/V5.
V4 is a Msport copy, V5 is a sexy style copy
Extreme dimensions makes a Msport copy
Shine Auto makes a sexy style copy.

***EDIT: I take that back, the photo on the VersionSelect site is a SexyKnights CAR, but when you open the photo I have no idea what aero it is. Its not the usual SexyStyle aero i'm used to seeing***

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 04:23 PM   #23345
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Does this sound like a bad speed sensor?

I was initially dealing with a bad speedometer. Replaced speedometer with a working one but working one lagged. Decided to re-solder the board on my bad speedo and it worked perfectly for a couple quick cruises.

Drove it today (its hotter than the other days ive ever taken the car out since re-soldering the speedo board) and speedo once again started acting up, but this time it would be as if signal would be cutting in and out

i.E: Reaching 50mph and then the gauge would start fluctuating between not working and working but when it would work it would be at 50mph which is the constant speed I was at.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:13 PM   #23346
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Does this sound like a bad speed sensor?

I was initially dealing with a bad speedometer. Replaced speedometer with a working one but working one lagged. Decided to re-solder the board on my bad speedo and it worked perfectly for a couple quick cruises.

Drove it today (its hotter than the other days ive ever taken the car out since re-soldering the speedo board) and speedo once again started acting up, but this time it would be as if signal would be cutting in and out

i.E: Reaching 50mph and then the gauge would start fluctuating between not working and working but when it would work it would be at 50mph which is the constant speed I was at.
Could be a bad sensor, or a cracked wire that is wiggling while under motion interrupting the signal.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #23347
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I have my sunroof completely out and have managed to separate the fragile fiberglass trim that sandwiches the glass and the seal. However, through the process of trying to remove the seal, I chipped some of the edges and I would like to repair them, very small sections of the trim are chipped.

I wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what I can use to repair the edges where the trim chipped off. Ive tried using fiberglass resin but its difficult to work with so Im open to other suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2020, 01:53 PM   #23348
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
I wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what I can use to repair the edges where the trim chipped off. Ive tried using fiberglass resin but its difficult to work with so Im open to other suggestions.

Thanks!
bondo and a little matching spray paint... not joking.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #23349
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
bondo and a little matching spray paint... not joking.
I'm gonna sand and repaint the whole trim, I got some SEM black trim paint that I was gonna finish with a couple coats of clear.

Is bondo gonna be good enough to withstand prolonged heat and some stress from holding the seal against the metal bracket? I've never worked with it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #23350
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Heres 2 problem areas, both are corner pieces. I have some fiberglass resin that I tried dripping down the side but not very effective

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2020, 04:55 PM   #23351
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/f...BoCBrQQAvD_BwE

Sand that resin shit off...

U need to use this shit. Strong as fuk!! Can shape it and mold it with 80 grit, 180, 320, primer it all, 800grit block, primer and paint..
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:44 AM   #23352
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

The resin will sand off (or break off) pretty easy actually so its not a good solution. I'll take a look at other similar body fill products from what you suggested that I could potentially buy in smaller quantities.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:12 AM   #23353
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Yea, they have others but u want to get the filler that is reinforced with fiber strains, shits strong as fuk
Old 08-12-2020, 07:07 AM   #23354
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Site couldn't be reached error.

Last edited by hellion240sx; 08-12-2020 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: Double post...
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:07 AM   #23355
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Is there someone that makes the fiberglass trim? I just changed the deal and going to put some silicone 😭😭😭 it's been raining a lot and I have a plastic bag on it with painters tape I put on last night.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #23356
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
Is there someone that makes the fiberglass trim? I just changed the deal and going to put some silicone 😭😭😭 it's been raining a lot and I have a plastic bag on it with painters tape I put on last night.
Dude thats on every S14 owner's wish list

If dorkidori made this he'd make a killing
Old 08-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #23357
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Seen them popup on ebay from time to time...i seached for awhile, no luck, ended up finding a mint one from a part out.... been waitn 8 yrs for one. Fyi
Old 08-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #23358
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Dude thats on every S14 owner's wish list

If dorkidori made this he'd make a killing
i dont mind making pieces like this (its one of my goals with dorkidori to bring back things like this to make peoples lives easier)... only problem is test fitting the thing. people are very paranoid when i ask them if i can use their cars for test fitting... still to this day, there are too many thieves in our scene.

also, finding a mint condition one is another hurdle.

Old 08-12-2020, 05:46 PM   #23359
S14rebuild
BANNED

Man, how long would you need the sunroof for? Ill ship u mine if u could use it to make this happen.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:59 PM   #23360
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Man, how long would you need the sunroof for? Ill ship u mine if u could use it to make this happen.
i honestly dont know... this is a part im not familiar with at all.

curious question. would the part work better if it were made from a urethane that mimics ABS plastic?

Old 08-13-2020, 04:49 AM   #23361
S14rebuild
BANNED

That i dont know...aslong as it fits right, looks good and lasts I dont think anyone would mind what the construction is
Old 08-13-2020, 10:21 AM   #23362
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i honestly dont know... this is a part im not familiar with at all.

curious question. would the part work better if it were made from a urethane that mimics ABS plastic?
The only thing to bear in mind is there is a slight curvature to the entire piece so technically it has a proper orientation. The piece somehow fits one way but not the other, and it could be due to the glass-silicone seal impressions. The part sees the most direct sunlight so if you think urethane is superior then only time will tell; the original part is indeed made from fiberglass though.

Dorki I can send more pics if you wanna PM me on zilvia and we can connect on FB.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #23363
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Urethane would probably end up warping on this application
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #23364
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

So fiberglass is the better choice in material. What about the material used in making motor mounts? Csnt remember word for it.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:45 AM   #23365
Notch_Javi

Notch_Javi has a little shameless behavior in the past
S14 Silvia tachometer issues

I?ve been having issues lately with my tach..... for example I would be driving normal and my tach works perfect ... I then decide to step on it a bit more and my tach does not pass 4K rpms but The engine continues to rev . has anyone else had this issue or know a solution ? I’ve read for several hours but no one has had the same issue apparently. The car is not tuned with intake and intercooler (ofc bov). Forgot to mention ....After I let off the gas my rpms do drop accordingly like usual.
Notch_Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:13 PM   #23366
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Quote:
So fiberglass is the better choice in material. What about the material used in making motor mounts? Csnt remember word for it.
Welp... he asked. Not like i have degrees in material science and engineering or anything , just my humble opinion because hell probably be using the same shore hardness as motor mounts right? And we all know that doesnt affect anything anyway and Nissan were total idiots for making it out of fiberglass and not urethane to begin with so Ill just be on my way
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #23367
Parag0n

Parag0n is an unknown quantity at this point
After not driving my S13 for a few days I noticed a small puddle under the front of the engine. Upon further inspection it's coolant.

I'm assuming the waterpump is leaking. Based on the fact that there's also a second area that's dripping (in the photo) maybe also a hose too?

https://imgur.com/a/OqF12P0

Was planning on ordering a replacement pump today, and figured thermostat as well. Just wanted to get any input or suggestions for what else I should consider.
Parag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:00 PM   #23368
S14rebuild
BANNED

Could be correct, the best thing todo is pressurize the coolant system and properly diagnosis the leak. Ull be pissed if u just throw parts at the engine and the leak is still there
Old 08-14-2020, 02:41 PM   #23369
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Welp... he asked. Not like i have degrees in material science and engineering or anything , just my humble opinion because hell probably be using the same shore hardness as motor mounts right? And we all know that doesnt affect anything anyway and Nissan were total idiots for making it out of fiberglass and not urethane to begin with so Ill just be on my way
Yes, I did.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:22 PM   #23370
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looking to turbo my KA (Zenki) with an oem S15 T28 (Spec-R ballbearing). Stock PSI of 7 and may up to 10 psi. Car will be used for street driving.

What intercooler options are there that allow me to retain AC and my foglights without cutting my bumper, battery tray, core support?

For FMIC, I cannot find any examples.

I am leaning towards using the oem S15 SMIC but I see conflicting opinions on it as some people say it will be heat soaked quickly even at near stock boost levels but others say it is good up to 300hp which I will be under.
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote