Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LtSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
240 lean AFR above 2.5k under load

Guys I really am not sure what to try now, I'm going to try making the vacuum/boost leak tester to see if I really have a vacuum leak but it seems backwards. Wouldn't I run lean at low rpm and rich at higher rpm?

I've already replaced all the gaskets/vacuum lines and cleaned out the IACV. If I can't figure it out soon, I'm just going to do every semi reasonable thing in one shot. Replace every line in sight, try to source every hose possible, replace the IACV, Knock sensor, temp sensor, and maf.

Any other ideas? I just want my car back

any chance it could be my ECU?

Thank you
LtSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #2
ajracing9

ajracing9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey dude, had the same issue but i didnt have an air flow meter. my car lagged, it felt like it would take forever to build boost. i got an afm and did a boost leak test and found a crack in the intercooler, fixed it. I did new plugs then i got and adjustable fpr and it kinda helped.. but then i read somewhere that fuel pump failure is not usually just it stops working, it gets "lazy" looses pressure under boost. I got a 255 lph walbro from enjuku racing. its like a 20 minute fix. totally worth it! hope it helps
ajracing9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

My car is in limp mode so I’ll likely have to replace a sensor or wiring. I’m going to boost leak test as well and if that doesn’t fix it I’ll test everything including fuel pressure. I doubt it’s the fuel pump since I fixed everything besides idle before removing the intake side again. I think it’s a damaged or disconnected sensor combined with a vaccum leak. The car isn’t with me so I’ll post back when I find it.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:24 PM   #4
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

Solved. The MAF connector had a bad pin on the signal wire. I back proved it to test voltage and that somehow fixed everything . Good looks brothers