Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #121
apexis13sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
apexis13sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Man i cant wait to get a roll bar in my Z!!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #122
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
aside from that mustang getting messed up, anybody have more information regarding the reinforcement? pictures would be nice as well.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #123
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Usually its 6"x"6x .120" plate at all chassis mounting points on a unibody car. Ive seen smaller plates for the support bars but on the hoop the 6x6 is good.

Also in the case of that mustang, or in any car that went front end over on the roof. That is about the worst way to flip a car. I wouldn't be suprised if even a 4 or 6 point weld in would have done the same thing. The force of the car on 4 or 6 points just isnt going to hold up to the sheet metal floor.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #124
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My cage all bolted up...Will switch to Full welded cage once i make it my track car.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #125
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
dahveed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
damn! how bad is the rear visibility on that lol. it probably won't matter since you're gonna make it a track car, but still hah.

paint on it looks great btw
dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #126
Z32TT-R
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Z32TT-R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
will be painting it red soon

Z32TT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #127
ScarredOne

ScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorS14 View Post
yes its a through dash.

no but i can get you some. ill take pics 2morrow and send them to you.
Superior S14, I'd be interested in some pics as well, please.

So even with all the bolt-together joints, the Safety 21/Cusco 6+ pt. cages add a significant amount of rigidity to the chassis? Well, I guess anything would make these flexy hatches feel better...

gracias
ScarredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #128
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dahveed,

Here is the view from the rearview mirror

Old 12-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #129
Import_Prophetz
Leaky Injector

Import_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura about
Quesiton for all you who have roll cages

Hey will the cusco roll (or godspeed) cage fit even with my three guage pod on the pillar? I dont like the look when the pods are on the dash or attached to the cage. If any one has this set up please answer or post pictures.

Info. S13 chasis, three autometer guages, ebay full pillar pod. I tried search, and tried to google pictures (no luck) sorry.
Import_Prophetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #130
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
People usually mount a pillar gauges to the roll bar since it won't fit

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #131
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Not gonna work.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #132
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
oh how i'd like a safety21 through dash cagezors
Old 12-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #133
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
oh how i'd like a safety21 through dash cagezors
There was a S14 one for sale here recently.... I don't know if it sold or not.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #134
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

Trader Rating: (52)
Jimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
I dont know if it sold or not

either
Old 12-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #135
Brian
Post Whore!

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/26882...roll-cage.html

maybe....... worth a PM?
Old 12-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #136
Steveohoes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Steveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
emailed that guy not to long ago, sold already.

I just got a autopower 6 point with door bars for s14 with non sunroof.
I have a sunroof : /

I read somewhere that the sunroof cage fits like dog shit and i got a good price on this one so i just bought it.
I read that i have to cut the tracks out in the back, and take the sunroof motor out too.
Is there anyway i can have the motor there to have it pop up?? I don't care if doesn't go back and forward
Old 12-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #137
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Import_Prophetz View Post
Quesiton for all you who have roll cages

Hey will the cusco roll (or godspeed) cage fit even with my three guage pod on the pillar? I dont like the look when the pods are on the dash or attached to the cage. If any one has this set up please answer or post pictures.

Info. S13 chasis, three autometer guages, ebay full pillar pod. I tried search, and tried to google pictures (no luck) sorry.
nope won't work.

i bough Auto meter's "roll cage gauge pod" there about $30+ there is some STI performance site that sells them for like $23 or so a peice.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #138
Import_Prophetz
Leaky Injector

Import_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura about
Damn, that sucks, thanks guys
Import_Prophetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #139
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_s13 View Post
so the bolt-in cage DID work.
Its called a roll bar, not a faceplant bar.

If that car had rolled, instead of flopping over like that i bet ya it would of worked.
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:26 AM   #140
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
I think some of you are mistaking what "roll" means when some of these cages are being discussed.Its an anti roll cage; as in handling characteristics, not a type of crash. Bolt-ins are fine but the purpose is less of a safety concern as handling.Consider when purchasing. <think about it.

Granted a mustang is a hell of a lot heavier than a 240 same thing prolly woulda happened with a weld in. A cage to keep the roof from caving in on a roll over wreck has got to be beefier than most the cages posted on this thread. A truly independent cage, with proper gussets and bars cut in a manner that keeps them from shearing off and doing more damage. Thats what you need for a roll over, especially at speed.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily

Last edited by s13dan; 01-01-2010 at 03:39 AM..
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:46 AM   #141
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
anyone got pictures of sunwoofed s14s with cages?
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:09 PM   #142
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I think usually cheaper.
Put it in a new car if you crash the old one.
You get the name brand so you can add to your mod-list.
Autopower bolt in cage is around $800-900?. There are people that will do a full NASA cage for around $1000.

Would you really want to reuse a cage from a car that has been in a crash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
In the picture where the roll bar tubing penetrated the floor boor probably would have happened even with a weld in cage. Even if you would have put on 1/4" steel plate than welded the bar onto it Im still pretty confident that weak unibody flooring would fail with all of the force of the roll over.
I disagree. I would say less than half the force would be applied comparing a roll bar to a full welded cage, or even bolt in cage. A roll bar only has two supporting trusts, where as a cage has 4 attached to the floor. Not to mention, the additional trusts that extend out to the trunk, and other attachments that redistribute the vertical load.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #143
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
yup. wish i could do this too. i don't wanna rip out my headliner/roof.
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #144
Steveohoes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Steveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_s13 View Post
yup. wish i could do this too. i don't wanna rip out my headliner/roof.
quick search:
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/21417...-cage-s14.html

If you look anywhere there isn't many companies that make bolt in cages for s14's with sunroofs. Go on any site and look at cusco and saftey21 cages, non of them offer bolt in cages with sunroofs for s14s. They do offer it for s13s though.
From what I searched it looks like autopower is the the only company that makes one for sunroofs and they don't fit to good. The cage sits alot lower and your more likely to bang your head on the cage.

look how close the bar is:

If you don't want/like the autpower one and really want a bolt in cage and keep your sunroof just get someone to build you a custom bolt in. Its gonna be pricey though

Last edited by Steveohoes; 01-01-2010 at 11:10 AM..
Steveohoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #145
udon!
Nissanaholic!

udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
what are the pros and cons of

bolt in cage, and weld in cage, besides it being gangster as fucking possible?
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #146
Brian
Post Whore!

Weld in - In theory, better quality and safety than a bolt in cage. However, generally more expensive, more "permanent"

Bolt in - Easier to buy and install. Possibility to remove and sell or transfer to a new car. They are, in theory, not as safe as a welded in cage.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #147
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Autopower bolt in cage is around $800-900?. There are people that will do a full NASA cage for around $1000.

Would you really want to reuse a cage from a car that has been in a crash?

Well, Autopower NEVER would even be a considerable option for me. I've seen them. I think they are horrrible.

I would reuse a cage if it fit fine in the car or new car still.
Sure.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #148
udon!
Nissanaholic!

udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
for the bolt in cages do you drill holes in the car or what how do you install them
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #149
Brian
Post Whore!

Yes you drill holes where the base plates go.

They give you the bolts and nuts and metal plates to put under the car
Old 01-05-2010, 01:18 AM   #150
David B S12
Zilvia Junkie

David B S12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
for the bolt in cages do you drill holes in the car or what how do you install them
hot glue or "gorilla" glue

then hold it down for 30 min. its a sticky process
David B S12 is offline   Reply With Quote