Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #1891
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
i just dread the day i sell all my shit trying to "be an adult" and then attempt to buy it all back in 5 years after having a severe existential crisis and then realize i'm too fuckin poor to pay 15k for a rattle canned hatch shell filled with rat shit.
Welcome to my reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
2001??? *insertFridayDAAAMMNreaction.meme*
Lifers, man. I came here after FreshAlloy got stupid.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #1892
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
This is a sensitive subject for me because I've considered myself a fanatic of the s-chassis for the longest time and I think I finally have come to terms with the limits of the chassis...and my time/money.

First off, the cars were never designed to be high performance vehicles and it takes money and time to get them to that level. Second, the cars were built with cheap materials. Add some age and you have a car that squeaks, rattles and doesn't have much engineering to justify the amount of sanity you are losing driving in it everyday. Sure, everything can be done to it to make it awesome, but I am at the point that I would rather just buy something that is more purpose built. We all know how much it is to build a car and it's easily twice the amount of what you can sell it for. So instead of dumping $40k into an old secretary car, I would rather buy a Porsche Carrera S and keep my knuckles clean.

/end old grumpy [snobby] asshole
I recently picked up a 14 with everything wrong. It cost less than 1k to re-do the entire suspension using factory parts and make it 'rattle' free, smooth daily driver.

I think it's easier than you realize to just drive quiet, stock suspension 14, with any amount of power. I put 500 to the tire or more and it does just fine in a straight line, as a daily, over railroad tracks and everything else is normal. Actually it does better than cars made for that (i.e. Camaro of the 90's)

I think the real issue is that people want their 14's to handle, and look different, not just be fast.
The handling/exterior game seems like it costs way more than straight line 'mods'.
I've never had an issue with using the 14 as a sort of daily/drag type car, with basically nothing done or expensive in the suspension or exterior.

My exterior mods tend to be 'free' i.e. acrylic paint from walmart

its 'stock'

its quiet and docile, easy to drive, boring ;D
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #1893
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
a rattle free and quiet ride can even be had with coilovers and full heim jointed suspension. i replaced the majority of my weather stripping and worn out rubber bits like hood/hatch bumpers. my car is completely silent driving now...its kind of nuts! the BULK of the rattles and noise came from the hatch area. once i replaced the hatch seal and the hatch bumpers, the entire rear end was silenced. the hood bumpers got rid of a ton of noise in the front as well. only things i have left to do are the inner sun roof rubber (i replaced the sun roof glass trim not too long ago) and the inner rubber door seals (oh and the door glass trim).

whole point is... its amazing how quiet these cars get when you start replacing all the worn out rubber!!! stock or fully built suspension, replacing all the worn out rubber bits makes an insane difference... and i LOVE how quite my S13 hatch is now! doesnt sound like some old, worn out, shit box when driving around! can have a conversion in the car with NO road noise and no exhaust drone (I have an HKS Sports Exhaust)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #1894
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
how much of that shit is still available, though? My s14 needs a bunch of that, but the last time I checked a lot of it was discontinued/hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I think the real issue is that people want their 14's to handle, and look different, not just be fast.
The handling/exterior game seems like it costs way more than straight line 'mods'.
It all depends, but I'd say engine and drivetrain upgrades are typically more expensive than suspension and bodywork. You might be right considering s14 kouki valances are now approaching or close to a grand lmao

I got this thing a little over a year ago and I've been pretty stoked with doing a minor build on it. So far it's just a stock '03 5MT with BC coils w/ Swift springs, Buddy Club 18x8 wheels, IS350 front brakes and a TRD front bumper. With sway bars, TRD side skirts and a 1JZGTE VVTi this would make a very fun daily. Toyota > Nissan CHANGE MY MIND
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:24 PM   #1895
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
how much of that shit is still available, though? My s14 needs a bunch of that, but the last time I checked a lot of it was discontinued/hard to find.

It all depends, but I'd say engine and drivetrain upgrades are typically more expensive than suspension and bodywork. You might be right considering s14 kouki valances are now approaching or close to a grand lmao

I got this thing a little over a year ago and I've been pretty stoked with doing a minor build on it. So far it's just a stock '03 5MT with BC coils w/ Swift springs, Buddy Club 18x8 wheels, IS350 front brakes and a TRD front bumper. With sway bars, TRD side skirts and a 1JZGTE VVTi this would make a very fun daily. Toyota > Nissan CHANGE MY MIND
engine/drivetrain upg are more expensive if you do not have experience. For example my experience allows me to use any engine thus I used a free engine. The street value of the engine in my vehicle is maybe $300 but it supports over 500hp so the issue here is not the cost of the engine at all, as per performance. For a novice I understand this is quite a different situation nevertheless, I would tentatively argue that the more experience you have with 'building' or 'working on' something (i.e. houses, cars, boats, etc...) the easier and 'less expensive' the modifications become, both in terms of time and $$

a great mechanic has 25 year old junker that starts easy, doesn't leak or smoke, and can move out of it's own way better than a new car, and the drivetrain is essentially worthless (nothing to steal, junkyard junk)
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #1896
az_240
Post Whore!

az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Quote:
i just dread the day i sell all my shit trying to "be an adult" and then attempt to buy it all back in 5 years after having a severe existential crisis and then realize i'm too fuckin poor to pay 15k for a rattle canned hatch shell filled with rat shit.
Story of my life
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #1897
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
...well we still have people defending shitty sellers. So that's a thing.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #1898
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Isn’t that everyone on the internet?
Old 12-18-2019, 04:56 PM   #1899
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
some of the worst regrets. getting rid of multiple chassis when I "really" didn't "need" to.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:45 AM   #1900
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
+1 on that...I think that's why a lot of these early Japanese manufactured cars or any old car for that matter can be sold for ridiculous prices for those older folks who saw the car they wanted and miss it from their childhood
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:33 AM   #1901
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Sorry Dario

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #1902
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Sorry Dario
...actually this was referring to the R33 for sale right now lol. The people there were 100% trying to stick up for a seller (with questionable history here) without doing any research into what the NA R33 is worth. I miss the application of critical thinking skills in threads like that.

Maybe critical thinking is another grumpy old asshole thing I don't see used a lot. Does anyone bother price comparing anymore...? It's not hard to see what these guys are doing when they import Silvias and shit like that.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #1903
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
...actually this was referring to the R33 for sale right now lol. The people there were 100% trying to stick up for a seller (with questionable history here) without doing any research into what the NA R33 is worth. I miss the application of critical thinking skills in threads like that.

Maybe critical thinking is another grumpy old asshole thing I don't see used a lot. Does anyone bother price comparing anymore...? It's not hard to see what these guys are doing when they import Silvias and shit like that.

Thatd be me u so speak of?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:18 PM   #1904
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Thatd be me u so speak of?
100%.

You gotta do some research. That car is probably a trim known as 'Urban Runner' and it was the lower end trims. The guy you're backing up knows what he's doing and that's why he hasn't been back in that thread. It's a common tactic: dismiss anyone that disagrees with price as a 'hater'. On the contrary, I care about the people in this community and shitty sellers trying to take advantage of people not knowing the prices of cars, Japanese trim levels, or how auctions in Japan work is super shitty and I'll openly call them out for it.

We all think 'minding our own business' is the best route...but this forum is still a cool place and we don't need some fucking vultures picking at the bones of it.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:40 AM   #1905
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Still a cool place? Nah. This place was cool back in the early 2000's when the chassis was still plentiful and people were all enjoying the sport together. Now it's 'who can build a ProAm group C car with a cooler livery than the other person' type of place. Everyone thinks their dick is bigger than the next kid because their livery looks cooler while they can't link turns with their over engineered cars.

Drifting used to be chill - now you have to drive a crazy distance [for most] to find what's left of that group and even that's on life support.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #1906
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
100%.

You gotta do some research. That car is probably a trim known as 'Urban Runner' and it was the lower end trims. The guy you're backing up knows what he's doing and that's why he hasn't been back in that thread. It's a common tactic: dismiss anyone that disagrees with price as a 'hater'. On the contrary, I care about the people in this community and shitty sellers trying to take advantage of people not knowing the prices of cars, Japanese trim levels, or how auctions in Japan work is super shitty and I'll openly call them out for it.

We all think 'minding our own business' is the best route...but this forum is still a cool place and we don't need some fucking vultures picking at the bones of it.

I was only speaking towards the price tag reguarding the skyline name. That was all. To this day, i still havent seen in America $5k skylines(granted i dont search much)
Old 12-23-2019, 08:16 AM   #1907
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Still a cool place? Nah. This place was cool back in the early 2000's when the chassis was still plentiful and people were all enjoying the sport together. Now it's 'who can build a ProAm group C car with a cooler livery than the other person' type of place. Everyone thinks their dick is bigger than the next kid because their livery looks cooler while they can't link turns with their over engineered cars.

Drifting used to be chill - now you have to drive a crazy distance [for most] to find what's left of that group and even that's on life support.

QFT. Couldnt agree more. God forbid u own a 240 with out full angle kit and a 2j in it.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #1908
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
100%.

You gotta do some research. That car is probably a trim known as 'Urban Runner' ...

Quote:
Still a cool place? Nah. This place was cool back in the early 2000's when the chassis was still plentiful and people were all enjoying the sport together. ...they can't link turns with their over engineered cars.

Quote:
QFT. Couldnt agree more. God forbid u own a 240 with out full angle kit and a 2j in it.
Yeah I'm the dude who's gotta quote all of you.

Diz - I agree with what you're saying about the vultures, I recall you mentioned earlier (maybe in this thread) about how we have to band together and call them out in their for sale threads. Unfortunately that requires way more participation from other members besides the 5-10 people I've seen do it.

dupa - I think this may be the last American based forum for these cars that is still active, unless you can point out better ones (genuinely asking, not being a smartass). I was also advised by my fabricator to not overbuild my car and just focus on driving/seat time. Did I listen? NOPE

S14 - Yeah I feel you. People scoff at the Ka/Sr anymore. As if the 240sx is trash without a 900hp LS swap.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:30 AM   #1909
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Still a cool place? Nah. This place was cool back in the early 2000's when the chassis was still plentiful and people were all enjoying the sport together. ...they can't link turns with their over engineered cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
People scoff at the Ka/Sr anymore. As if the 240sx is trash without a 900hp LS swap.
this... so much this! <3 <3 <3

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:05 PM   #1910
bing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
bing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14ka-t View Post
dang its bing I still have your exhaust somewhere haha
word up.

I check in on zilvia every month or so. been casually hunting for a car that fits the bill... my kids are almost old enough to drive afterall
Old 12-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #1911
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:

...but what is this 'have to have' or 'have to build' ? Are you competing to be noticed or do you just love your cars? I'm not trying to be a smartass. I always ask myself this question when I catch myself subconsciously comparing my shit to something I saw somewhere. I think people sometimes get this need to be 'relevant' thing and it either makes them do stupid shit or sell the cars for the next hype machine.

I'm just happy to own the cars I own at this point.

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding you here.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #1912
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I was only speaking towards the price tag reguarding the skyline name. That was all. To this day, i still havent seen in America $5k skylines(granted i dont search much)
...but dude this whole sentence reeks of ignorance. The name 'Skyline' when discussing cars from Japan doesn't mean shit. These cars didn't just come in GTR and one other trim, they came in tons and tons of trims. This is what I mean when I say you gotta do research (you don't, this is the internet, but you get it) before talking about this shit. NA, non-GTR Skyline cars ranging from R32 to R34 chassis go for dirt fucking cheap and are throw away cars. These sellers monopolize on the very thing you pointed out: the buzz of the name 'Skyline'. Arm yourself with knowledge, man.

Also, just because it's 'the only one in America' he can still sell a throw away car for a stupid fucking amount? If import some lower-level trim car and it's 1 of 1 in the US should I charge an insanely large amount for it? No. The car is still trash and I'd be a cunt.

Quote:

1.) Diz - I agree with what you're saying about the vultures, I recall you mentioned earlier (maybe in this thread) about how we have to band together and call them out in their for sale threads. Unfortunately that requires way more participation from other members besides the 5-10 people I've seen do it.

2.) S14 - Yeah I feel you. People scoff at the Ka/Sr anymore. As if the 240sx is trash without a 900hp LS swap.
1.) It doesn't require participation so much as it requires people that don't know shit to simply not post and bolster these sellers' claims, but yeah I get what you mean.

2.) ...but the underlying question here is why the fuck do y'all care? Do YOU like your car with the KA/SR? I'll admit our community is overrun with turds but I'd hardly consider the TJ Hunt/Adam LZ dick-riders to be the top influencers.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:35 PM   #1913
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
...but dude this whole sentence reeks of ignorance. The name 'Skyline' when discussing cars from Japan doesn't mean shit. These cars didn't just come in GTR and one other trim, they came in tons and tons of trims. This is what I mean when I say you gotta do research (you don't, this is the internet, but you get it) before talking about this shit. NA, non-GTR Skyline cars ranging from R32 to R34 chassis go for dirt fucking cheap and are throw away cars. These sellers monopolize on the very thing you pointed out: the buzz of the name 'Skyline'. Arm yourself with knowledge, man.

Also, just because it's 'the only one in America' he can still sell a throw away car for a stupid fucking amount? If import some lower-level trim car and it's 1 of 1 in the US should I charge an insanely large amount for it? No. The car is still trash and I'd be a cunt.

1.) It doesn't require participation so much as it requires people that don't know shit to simply not post and bolster these sellers' claims, but yeah I get what you mean.

2.) ...but the underlying question here is why the fuck do y'all care? Do YOU like your car with the KA/SR? I'll admit our community is overrun with turds but I'd hardly consider the TJ Hunt/Adam LZ dick-riders to be the top influencers.

Your right there was ignorance behind the post, my bad. Yea the name skyline in america drives big buxs, but isee ur right its a blah ass car, low trim level the price shouldnt be like that.

But then a buyer should do his reasearch as stated and obvs not buy such a crazy priced car....anyone can have a price..id say its up to the buyer if there willn to pay it
Old 12-23-2019, 07:07 PM   #1914
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I know you guys talk about the s chassis scene being shitty but have you guys visited the 350z pages? Talk about shit show.

I bought a G35 sedan to mess around with and was just in shock at how shitty their scene is.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:10 PM   #1915
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
I know you guys talk about the s chassis scene being shitty but have you guys visited the 350z pages? Talk about shit show.

I bought a G35 sedan to mess around with and was just in shock at how shitty their scene is.
Got a younger friend whos got a drift build 350z....just hearing his stories of the "scene" now a days, almost makes me regret buildn my s14 again and headn back out there lol.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:44 PM   #1916
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
if you guys are still bitching about the same shit 64 pages later and haven’t done SHIT to make drifting better you’re part of the problem. there are a myriad of great events being put on these days with awesome people who care about cool cars and good driving. if you only choose to see it as dick swinging that’s on you. projecting you inadequacies and shit man....
Old 12-24-2019, 01:03 AM   #1917
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Official old grumpy assholes of zilvia thread

It's all relative. " it " never lasts(in your mind). The " golden age " of whatever time you're in said hobby is just your biased perspective of it all. Some old heads idea of a nightmare community now is some 2 year old members sense of ideal and fun and their " golden age " until they decide it's not... Learn to accept change.

Also, this [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji1690]
Quote:
if you guys are still bitching about the same shit 64 pages later and haven’t done SHIT to make drifting better you’re part of the problem. there are a myriad of great events being put on these days with awesome people who care about cool cars and good driving. if you only choose to see it as dick swinging that’s on you. projecting you inadequacies and shit man....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 07:00 AM   #1918
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Making drifting better requires like-minded people and a lot of money. Luckily, they're keeping it going with a few smaller groups throughout the country - FinalBout, LoneStar, MWDU, Club Loose - but they're few and far between now. I remember last year going to a drift event to spectate while my car was down and people in the stands were literally shit talking the entry level cars. Those dudes were just there to have fun with their friends and slide around. It wasn't a car show on wheels like FinalBout or a feeder series like LoneStar. The scene - like all - has become toxic.

Example: come on here to sell something. Watch within 24 hours some cunt posts saying your prices are too high. This same cunt is a 2017'er+ that has been sliding for 3 hours but posts his shit on IG every hour on the hour.

The groups that are chill to be with stay low key. All the others are chasing fame or viewers or acceptance. It's tough to invest yourself these days into something where the people you're investing into aren't really worth it.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 07:21 AM   #1919
S14rebuild
BANNED

Thats this new generation...... they only copy whats presented to them on tv/fd. They have no idea what it takes toget there....never say tanner, millen, turek, forsberg, start off in basic s chassis with agx struts n welded diff. To them, if its not a fd equal car, u cant drift n ur car sux. Plus now theres social media everywhere, gives them more was to talk shit and hate
Old 12-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #1920
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
S14 - Yeah I feel you. People scoff at the LS all the time(Unless your Odi/Matt). As if the 240sx is trash with literally any thing done not to the Internets approval, completely despite the relevance of who's money and time was invested.
Fixed that...