Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
harman.alex

Trader Rating: (0)
harman.alex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 Fuel Level Gauge Issues

When i purchased my 89 240 hatch (sr20 blacktop swap - rom tuned ecu etc) it had a "custom" cluster which consisted of a carbon fiber auto meter gas gauge, a wide band, and 1 empty hole. Anyways, got a JDM s13 cluster (for sr20) and went to put it in, i found that the gas level wire (green with blue), low fuel warning (red with black), and +12v (green with silver dots) had been cut to use the aftermarket gas gauge. So i hooked them back up with wire crimps.

The Autometer gas gauge would read from 1/4 tank to 3/4 tank and wasn't accurate.

Now my tach is working on the cluster, backlight is working, speedo is working.

Fuel level and temp are not working...

With the cluster plugged in i have 5.03 volts between the fuel sender wire and chassis ground (car off) and 7. something (running), i added 10L of fuel and it went up to 5.38 (off).

So cluster is plugged in, theyres voltage at the plug but gauge is not working, where should i start.

Regards
harman.alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links