Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #121
my9thtry

Trader Rating: (0)
my9thtry is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As in four sail?
my9thtry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #122
SRS13JH

SRS13JH is an unknown quantity at this point
Great build, car looks awesome. How far are you from getting it started?

Was the T3 peakboost manifold originally to suit a DET? What modification was required to make it suit the VE head? changing the hole shapes, cutting new holes etc?
SRS13JH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #123
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS13JH View Post
Great build, car looks awesome. How far are you from getting it started?

Was the T3 peakboost manifold originally to suit a DET? What modification was required to make it suit the VE head? changing the hole shapes, cutting new holes etc?
Yes, the manifold was originally on my DET. Just take a rotary file, dremel, or die grinder to the bolt holes and oblong them in the direction the manifold has to move. I think I measured .125" the manifold had to come up.

Meanwhile, I finally got my seats back... Well, I got the passenger side seat back. I have to go pick up the rears tomorrow. This was your typical R32 GTR seat, however it had a tear in the bolster and well, I wanted a matching interior. I had a friend's father do the work. He's been doing old school resto's for 20years or more and he worked his magic on my interior. Obviously, I had the back pad reshaped to "mock" the Status seat. I'll get some more pictures of the rest of the seats when I get them.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #124
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dammmmm that looks so good.
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:20 AM   #125
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Thank you sir... I'd like to use it for some road racing and it'll definitely see the drag strip, however, it doesn't necessarily have a target use. Whatever I see fit I suppose. It gave up DD status years ago, but I would imagine I'll drive it quite often, especially in the cooler months when A/C is not needed.
Can you keep the A/C with VE head?

Also, did you make that 4" intake pipe? or did you purchase it with air filter? I ordered 3071r and need pretty much same intake set up
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #126
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow nice build man, I must say that it surely looks like my build!
Looky ass that i for once was, i got my hand on a BTCC engine that comes from a primera during the late 90s in UK.

Anyway, the CAS is the same problem for me, and I looked at the mazworx cam sensor, but as it was no images of anyone using it (as I could find) I assumed it ti be mounted trough the ricer cover or something, and that is a non go for me. The BTCC rocer covers are of magnezium and they came in very limited numbers so I won't put a hole into it haha.
Perfect setup mate, Surely hope to see this build running, and I require som dyno/mapping video of high rpm bet that beast is pushing out 600 rwhp.
Mine is built for 1100, hoping to have the car finished april-may, but might turn the key in January Keep it up!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #127
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Can you keep the A/C with VE head?

Also, did you make that 4" intake pipe? or did you purchase it with air filter? I ordered 3071r and need pretty much same intake set up
Sure, you can set it up to work with the VE. Same SR/KA compressor would be used.

I bought that intake pipe. It's just a 4" 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post
Wow nice build man, I must say that it surely looks like my build!
Looky ass that i for once was, i got my hand on a BTCC engine that comes from a primera during the late 90s in UK.

Anyway, the CAS is the same problem for me, and I looked at the mazworx cam sensor, but as it was no images of anyone using it (as I could find) I assumed it ti be mounted trough the ricer cover or something, and that is a non go for me. The BTCC rocer covers are of magnezium and they came in very limited numbers so I won't put a hole into it haha.
Perfect setup mate, Surely hope to see this build running, and I require som dyno/mapping video of high rpm bet that beast is pushing out 600 rwhp.
Mine is built for 1100, hoping to have the car finished april-may, but might turn the key in January Keep it up!
Thanks for the kind words sir. I doubt I'll have an issue hitting the 600hp mark. There will definitely be some videos once the car is running. I'm hoping for the beginning of next year.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #128
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds awesome! Let's see whos turning the key first

Still doesn't understand why my project thread is rejected
Having tons of images and info, + it's a rare engine that I thought Zilvia would like to hear about.
Read that an "in-progress project thread is not allowed" in the info here, but what's the meaning with making 1 post about a finished car ? most of other build threads around here says they were done in the first post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #129
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post
Sounds awesome! Let's see whos turning the key first

Still doesn't understand why my project thread is rejected
Having tons of images and info, + it's a rare engine that I thought Zilvia would like to hear about.
Read that an "in-progress project thread is not allowed" in the info here, but what's the meaning with making 1 post about a finished car ? most of other build threads around here says they were done in the first post
Message a Mod directly and explain the uniqueness of the build. Perhaps you can persuade them into allowing your build.

I picked up the rear seats today. Just as awesome...

And I forgot to post a shot of this... The center cushion is removable just like the Status seat.

I'm hoping to have the wiring done on the lights/signal/markers this weekend, then I can move into the interior and start buttoning that wiring up to an extent. I'm waiting for my engine harness to come in from ChaseBays, so I can terminate the correct wires on that side of the dash and get the harness over there secure before moving forward with replacing the dash and the rest of the interior. Still a good amount of work to do. I'd like to get her fired up before the first of the year.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #130
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Clean seats man
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #131
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
those seats are lookin real clean!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #132
S13Missle
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
S13Missle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Crazy build going on man, keep up the good work!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #133
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Absolutely phenominal good sir!

--and thank you for turning me on to those hardline to -AN fittings... I had no idea they made them (till I saw this build thread); so I used Earl's clamp ends on the tank-to-hardline lines. Now that I have a couple adapters on order, I will be able to do the engine bay how I originally envisioned- or better
Old 11-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #134
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Liking this a lot! Hopefully we can do a SWFL 240 meet soon.
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #135
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Is your intake pipe 45 degree pipe?
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #136
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
have you mounted the Seats yet ? how does the Status seat sit in the car ? and which rail did you choose for mounting it ?

this build is awesome, keep up the great wok sir!!
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #137
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Is your intake pipe 45 degree pipe?
Quote:
I bought that intake pipe. It's just a 4" 45.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Missle View Post
Crazy build going on man, keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Absolutely phenominal good sir!

--and thank you for turning me on to those hardline to -AN fittings... I had no idea they made them (till I saw this build thread); so I used Earl's clamp ends on the tank-to-hardline lines. Now that I have a couple adapters on order, I will be able to do the engine bay how I originally envisioned- or better
Thank you sir. I can't remember the actual name and/or size for that part so if you could PM me with those, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post
Liking this a lot! Hopefully we can do a SWFL 240 meet soon.
That would be rad. I'd like to have the 240 there, but it not ill still make it out in the daily...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
have you mounted the Seats yet ? how does the Status seat sit in the car ? and which rail did you choose for mounting it ?

this build is awesome, keep up the great wok sir!!
Thanks! I have not mounted my seats yet. My interior is in what seems like a steady state of disarray. Once I get my dash back in, I'll proceed to getting them installed. I am using Status mounts all around with sliders.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #138
sr20s13abel
Leaky Injector

sr20s13abel is an unknown quantity at this point

THE NEW SETUP FOR SLOWLY!!! (2012) | Facebook

hey nice setup looks like mine..

Last edited by sr20s13abel; 11-20-2012 at 02:37 PM..
sr20s13abel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #139
VizorS14

VizorS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, amazing project!! very clean and what i like best is the attention to details!

what did mazwork tell you to do with the home and trigger settings within the Haltech PS2000? i know there's some special settings with the AEM EMS and their cam sensor kit, but what about Haltechs?
VizorS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #140
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizorS14 View Post
wow, amazing project!! very clean and what i like best is the attention to details!

what did mazwork tell you to do with the home and trigger settings within the Haltech PS2000? i know there's some special settings with the AEM EMS and their cam sensor kit, but what about Haltechs?
I haven't gotten a chance to setup it up yet, still waiting for my harness/EMS from ChaseBays. There are specific settings to input into the AEM and I have a feeling Haltech's should be similar, when I find/figure it out, I'll it post up.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #141
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
ForeignMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I really hope Chasebays doesn't take to long with your harness. I'm really anxious to see this car going.

Is there much else left besides the harness/ecu and tuning??
ForeignMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #142
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignMuscle View Post
I really hope Chasebays doesn't take to long with your harness. I'm really anxious to see this car going.

Is there much else left besides the harness/ecu and tuning??
Actually, I called ChaseBays to get an update on the status of my harness on Wed. Justin told me it is awaiting QA and "should" go out tomorrow afternoon. I'm not going to hold my breath, but if it does, that'll be a huge step.

Once the harness gets here I can finish wiring the rest of the car. It really is just running, organizing and sleeving, however there are a few wires that need to be lengthed to their respective places.

Other than that most everything else is ready to go besides the odds and ends you typically run across through a build. I still need to get the rest of my interior put back in.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #143
forgotten
Leaky Injector

forgotten is an unknown quantity at this point
This built is awsome!! keep the good work!
forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #144
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Other than that most everything else is ready to go besides the odds and ends you typically run across through a build. I still need to get the rest of my interior put back in.
^^LOL I feel ya on that sentiment... Seems like no matter how prepared one thinks they are for a build, the nickels & dimes that separate the good from the mediocre/ghetto really seem to add up as the different sections near completion. PITA sometimes but well worth it in the end (I hope ).

Oh yea... not to clutter up your build thread... but 3/8" wouldn't compress enough to bite the lines as you predicted- $40 later & a lot of searching for 5/16" to 1/2" NPT in SS, correct-sized fittings are on the way: 5/16" Tube x 1/2" NPT Male Connector 316 SS B=.75 E=.25 F=.87 G=.63 L1=1.5

BTW Those seats are awesome- can't wait to see the finished interior~
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #145
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Basic question.. I'm in the middle of building an SR20VET myself just not the same scale as yours. I currently have a forged bottom end S14 SR longblock that I'm considering just pulling the head off for the VE but just curious what have you done prepwise on the S14/S15 SR RWD block in terms of oil passages that would be different on the S13 being that it has the VTC and all? I do realize you most likely just need to plug the oil port. Got any pics of the block surface before head install?

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #146
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Update....

So as stated earlier in the build, I choose ChaseBays for my engine harness fabricator. There were a few factors that went into that decision, but I knew they didn't always deliver the goods on-time as told. However, that wasn't a huge problem for me. I still have items to complete on the car and finding the time to do that is starting to get increasingly difficult.

Anyway, the harness arrived today along with the Haltech Platinum Sport 2000. I'll get to installing it as soon as I can take a breathe from work. It is starting to get quite busy and overtime is unfortunately a must. Oh well, I can always use the extra cash.

I bought some Weds SA60M's in Matte Black w/machining sizes 18x9 +23, 18x10 +36 for the S14. I really dig the concave faces and styling of the wheel, however, the color choices were slim. Gloss Black/blue and Matte Black/machining were the only two options available and needless to say, Matte Black was definitely blacker than I anticipated and darker than the factory pictures showed. That color was not going to work with my Ruby Pearl S14. Regardless, the money was spent and they were already in my hands, so there was no returning them. I searched locally for a quality powder coating shop, preferably one that specialized in wheels. C2 powder coating of Sarasota, Fl. was my shop of choice. They do wheels all day, every day, so it really was a no brainer. I dropped them off and because of scheduling conflicts and good ole' BS, I picked them up two weeks later. I chose KingSport Gray and they turned out beautiful. Its in the lines of gunmetal, with slightly more metallic in it. I'm extremely pleased with the way they turned out. I'm hoping to have the tires mounted/balanced sometime this week, if the time is available.

I'll get some more updates coming faster, as everything is here to finish the car minus some sensors. I'm still pushing for early next year turn key, however, as always my schedule is all over the place. Thanks for looking as always.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #147
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Sick! Look forward to more updates.

If you dont mind, how much the the wiring/ecu run you? If you dont want to disclose it, shoot me a pm.

Debating on just doing it the same way as you did instead of going with a rom tune because i'll probably change my setup over time so why not just go ahead and prepare for it.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #148
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Wheels are gorgeous!!! Will you need a widebody for those or just a roll/pull?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #149
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice choice in color man its going to look very good with the car!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #150
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Wheels are gorgeous!!! Will you need a widebody for those or just a roll/pull?
Thanks! Just a roll will allow me to run those widths. I'll be running a 285 out back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drscooper View Post
very nice choice in color man its going to look very good with the car!
Me thinks so too... Thanks!