Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
tvvin

Trader Rating: (0)
tvvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 87 Turbo 300zx HELP!

I recently (last thursday) bought a 1987 300zx turbo for $500 from some lady near a school I used to work at. She said it didnt run blah blah. Its real real clean on the outside, real clean stock wheels, and inside I'd say 8.5 out of 10 all around. So yeah I am/was pretty hyped about it

So on tuesday I go buy a battery for it to see what works on the inside and to try and start the car. I put some oil and it spilled right through the tank. I gotta big spill on my driveway now. moms was pretty upset lol

so anyway, inside is perfect, all interior lights, AC, switches, radio, guages windows work fine. Only when I try and start it I hear a loud metal click and nothing... I have no clue whats wrong...

help pleaseeee!!!!

thankss!!!
tvvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
tvvin

oohhh duh I forgot pics lol
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/...0fbb1c16_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2782/...f14c27bf46.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/...1b5559a2_o.jpg"

Last edited by tvvin; 03-19-2010 at 02:11 PM..
Old 03-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Oil spilled right through the tank? You mean you poured it into the engine and it came right out the bottom? Does it have a drain plug?

Loud metal click is usually battery, is the battery charged? Is it manual or automatic? Have someone try hitting the starter as you try and crank it over. But make sure you have oil in it.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
tvvin

yeah I gotta check that
its a automatic
and it spilled right through the bottom

and I just bought a new battery for it on tuesday, so Im sure it isnt the battery.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
HMMMMMM, the fact that the engine has NO OIL in it might signify that there's a problem.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
tvvin

yeah! exactly! I checked the oil as soon as I got home and it was bone dry. That must mean rebiulding needs to go on... I hope the turbos fine...
Old 03-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #7
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Start with the simplest step, look where the oil is coming out of. If there's a hole in the side of the block it's gonna be pretty obvious what both the problem and solution are. I really think the turbo is the least of your troubles.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote