Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #31
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if u have a welder why dont u cut the peice u need off a parts car? or scrap car? thats what id do if i was taking my time like u.

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #32
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How did you lay down the primer? products used? gun?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #33
TheBigDirty
Leaky Injector

TheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to allTheBigDirty is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to TheBigDirty
+1 Props for continuing this project with shipping prices. Looks really good so far, keep it up and good luck.
TheBigDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #34
Onitsukagirl
Leaky Injector

Onitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really nice
cool, I love looking at these kind of project threads, keep it up!
Onitsukagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #35
vi3tdt2005
Zilvia Member

vi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to beholdvi3tdt2005 is a splendid one to behold
oh haha that was easy, thanks jon_mr2 and exitspeed +1
vi3tdt2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #36
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hijack3d View Post
Wow... what an improvement! How long did it actually take you to get this far? +1 for you.
well, its been about half a year i believe... lol. so about 1 day a week for half a year, ill let you guys do the math :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Awesome work so far man.

My wife's car is the same way, as a matter of fact, her cowl was so rusted, the piece came off where the driver's side wiper arm bolts to, in the middle of the rain when she was driving, so needless to say her car has been parked since then. (it's also parked because of an oil filter that will not come off, and has since been mangled when I tried every trick in the book to get it off)

Anyway, your project gives me lots of hope to restoring her car, as it has potential, we just lack the funds to get it to a reputable body shop to get it looking pretty again.

Keep up the good work man!
oh wow, that sucks. i feared that something like that could happen to the wipers on this car too if it were to be driven around for a while longer. but im happy it will be solid now. as for the oil filter, do you have an oil filter wrench pliers? cuz those things can take off any oil filter, or at least all the filters i have to deal with at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocslider View Post
wow. i doubted this thread when i saw the title. i thought it would just be another "i put on my sportmax wheels and sum stickers" build thread. and when i saw restoring i really didnt think all of this was being done. i dont think i would have the patience. gl with it.

what wheels are you planning to go with?
well, i got some stock s14 se alloys sitting in my garage, probably put those on for now. also got some bronze work emotion cr kais, but its mounted to my mr2 as of now, and i want to leave em there. would be nice to find a decent set of te37's in bronze one of these days, but that i can worry about later. ill post pics later if i find em or ill go take some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
Coming along nicely! I think you should have welded in new metal for the wiper area, but you may not have had access to one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori_sil8t View Post
if u have a welder why dont u cut the peice u need off a parts car? or scrap car? thats what id do if i was taking my time like u.
yeah, at the time i didnt have access to a welder, but now i just picked one up this week as stated in my last of the pics post, so at least i can weld together the lower frame and radiator support area due to rust not shown in pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
How did you lay down the primer? products used? gun?
i actually just shot the engine bay with spray can primer. even though i have a whole gallon of primer/sealer and a new devilbliss spray gun sitting at home. but yeah, first was using bondo for body filler, but that sucked. ended up using rage body filler, its real smooth compared to the bondo... or at least for me. and just filled the small holes with that green 3m puddy stuff. i might just spray the engine bay with spray can gloss black... since its just the engine bay, when i plan to paint the car ill use the spray gun.
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #37
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
evercoat rage baby

all day long

which devilbiss ?? gti millenium plleeeese
Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #38
bsilvias13

bsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choices
this build is coming along very nicely good job
Old 03-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #39
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimonster139 View Post
evercoat rage baby

all day long

which devilbiss ?? gti millenium plleeeese
Hmm, its actually a finish line 3. i probably wouldve saved to get a better gun, but this one was actually given to me for free brand new since my friend moved away. as for the product, its decently good for the price. my other friend had this same gun and the quality was not bad.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #40
JDM_Drifter

JDM_Drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
love projects like this.....Keep us posted...
JDM_Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #41
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
Very nice! Reminds me of when I was getting all the little things on my Wagon done! Sanding everything, painting with spray cans and making them look better than new! Engine bay paint... What I used was this "Truck Bed Liner" spray paint. It lays on thick and smooth, and has a "roughened" texture. I sprayed over it with a gloss black. Last week, I got brake fluid on it (paint+brake fluid=stripped paint!) and was VERY glad to see that the gloss black peeled off, but the bed liner paint stayed on there! It's really durable, and hasn't scratched at all since I tossed it on...

I'll get a picture of the can for you, as it turned out REALLY clean IMO. Great work so far, man, can't wait to see it going! It's cool that you two are working together! +1

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #42
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

Naughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enough
Damn lookin good. Great job so far. Aluminum foil ftw I do that all the time at work.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #43
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Alot of those parts look kinda familiar. like really familiar. Nah looking good so far. just sold that auto red 240. like 30mins ago.

money in da bank!!!

shoots
Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #44
didderson
Zilvia Member

didderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to didderson
Holy shit props on your build. I've been helping my friend do a coupe shell just as bad as this one since december. Building a car from the ground up is no easy task. +1 to anyone who's done so!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #45
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
wow this is awsome...wish i had the time and place to do all this
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #46
iriceforpinks777

iriceforpinks777 is an unknown quantity at this point
vvery nice, good job, where did u get that after market spacer for the steering(the blue thingy) instead of the rubber one, what does it do?
iriceforpinks777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:21 AM   #47
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter808 View Post
Alot of those parts look kinda familiar. like really familiar. Nah looking good so far. just sold that auto red 240. like 30mins ago.

money in da bank!!!

shoots
nicee!

but yeah, i want to thank this guy for help with parts and info about these nissans. and also, pretty much getting me into cars as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriceforpinks777 View Post
vvery nice, good job, where did u get that after market spacer for the steering(the blue thingy) instead of the rubber one, what does it do?
http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...h2alstbun.html

well, i noticed from super excessive play in the old bushing from being so worn, i decided to try this out. assuming its gona be solid as well as more feel in the steering.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:53 AM   #48
cbcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

cbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura about
What part of Hawaii you in. I used to live in Aiea
cbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:04 AM   #49
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
ho thanks for the compliments yeah Jon. Now you gotta make a thread for your MR2...when its done of course.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #50
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
damn looks like youve been bustin ass on it, good to see your reserecting her ! keep the good work everything is coming out good from what i can see +1 for you!
ByeByeSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #51
silviavert
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
silviavert is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
good work!!!
silviavert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #52
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
wow....absolutely jaw dropping attention to detail!

+1 sir. do my car next!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #53
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcustoms View Post
What part of Hawaii you in. I used to live in Aiea
on the big island

anyways, didnt get much done today. fixed me landlords window yesterday, so free rent for the month. pretty much assembled the welder and tested it out made sure it was in working condition and nothing was wrong with it. took some measurements for the radiator support, probably cut out some of the lower rad support and weld in a new bar across... but that shall be next weekend... or actually maybe the weekend after, think im going to be doing something for easter.

miller 140 autoset

Last edited by jon_mr2; 03-26-2009 at 09:41 PM..
Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 AM   #54
jon_mr2

more pics of some little things i had laying around for the car

splash steering hub

dohc throttle cable

jdm instrument cluster

exedy stage 1 clutch kit

alpine deck

something i was looking for a while

oem maxima din cupholder

some gaskets and new steering rack boots

oem coolant hoses, thermostat, flywheel bolts, z32 fuel filter, replacement drive belts...

something i hope to get soon... hard to find a good deal for a front end parts shipped to hawaii... so if anyone got anything let me know
Old 03-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #55
mizono
Leaky Injector

mizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her self
Awesome build! What part of hawaii are you in?
mizono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:29 AM   #56
SC_S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
SC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
the big island
Old 03-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #57
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
wow the built looks awesome!!! i wish i could do the same with my car.... i wanna see the finished product!!!

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:54 AM   #58
mizono
Leaky Injector

mizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_S13 View Post
the big island
Chill. I don't mean to thread jack but have you seen this guy? He's in Oahu. I saw this car on the street last summer

mizono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:18 AM   #59
jon_mr2

[quote=mizono;1903172]Chill. I don't mean to thread jack but have you seen this guy? He's in Oahu. I saw this car on the street last summer

i dont know if you know, but im sure you know because you said you saw it on the street, assuming youve been there that oahu is a different island. and to be honest, i havent been there i a few years... so yeah. might as well be like me asking you the same question, being your in cali, lol.

Last edited by jon_mr2; 03-27-2009 at 11:23 AM..
Old 03-17-2008, 02:22 AM   #60
rowdogg03
Zilvia Member

rowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to all
Looks good so far.. nice work