Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #91
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
thanks Jack.

a ahmed, its c-pillar bar I got from david @ touge factory. It will fit only 91-93 S13Hatch backs. From what I recall 2 years ago he said it was one of a couple he brought in.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #92
a_ahmed
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post
thanks Jack.

a ahmed, its c-pillar bar I got from david @ touge factory. It will fit only 91-93 S13Hatch backs. From what I recall 2 years ago he said it was one of a couple he brought in.
damn it! Again the touge factory one, no wonder it was beefy

I really want the touge factory c pillar bar... but they have been discontinued. Even the wimpy skinny megan racing c pillar bar for the s13 has been discontinued...

I wonder if anyone has one for sale or something...
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #93
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

nissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant future
props on the car, very clean
nissanguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #94
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
damn it! Again the touge factory one, no wonder it was beefy

I really want the touge factory c pillar bar... but they have been discontinued. Even the wimpy skinny megan racing c pillar bar for the s13 has been discontinued...

I wonder if anyone has one for sale or something...
contact intense motorsports in arizona... i believe they might have one still
Old 09-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #95
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Thanks, I just sent them an email. Intensepower is their site right? I hope its right one heh...
Old 09-03-2007, 01:06 AM   #96
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
Thanks, I just sent them an email. Intensepower is their site right? I hope its right one heh...
Yeah thats them. I remember a few years back they made a few but yeah you dont see them listed on their site anymore but who knows they might be able to fab some up again. doesn't hurt to ask whats up.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 AM   #97
CKAMC
Post Whore!

If your unable to find one stateside you can contact an importer and ask for STR Wakai Engineering and Flash product since they seem to be the only other people to make this part.

Here is the STR Wakai Engineering (shown on S14 but avaliable for both S13 and hatch model)
http://www.str-w.jp/silvia.htm

OP Sorry for the thread jack
Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 PM   #98
Oubre
Leaky Injector

Oubre is an unknown quantity at this point
more more more
Old 09-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #99
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Hehe.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:49 AM   #100
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
^^ lol at spoiling the suprise
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:14 AM   #101
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Im ganna be honest, I liked it better red. But either way still a badass car.
Tearlessj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:24 AM   #102
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Hehe.

Clean

I think you need lower sides and rear skirts tho (I'm sure you address this in the thread but eh 4 pages and Zilvia is running slow so...)

More specifically I think you need more aggressive aero to match the white TE's

Need pics in the sun to really see tho, the overcast is making it hard to see the lines of the car

Also I think you should take the stickers off the cage....cage color is nice, but stickers kinda just make it messy

Pick and choose with the bars too, either just cage + strut bar, or strut bar + pillar bar....but all 3 is just like overkill

And tsk tsk on the rock e brake

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:24 AM   #103
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastS14 View Post
^^ lol at spoiling the suprise
Haha, found those pictures on the website in his sig, sorry everyone.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #104
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
crazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tearlessj View Post
Im ganna be honest, I liked it better red. But either way still a badass car.
Agreed. Just some constructive criticism... with those wheels (sizing, style, etc) and the spoiler I personally would have gone with a little more aggressive sides at least and perhaps more aggressive kit overall. But thats just my personal opinion. Just seems like it went a step backwards from the original look. That and the overkill in bracing. The cage itself is typically enough then to add a STB, C-pillar bar and a trunk brace, that just seems like you're adding more weight, hurting performance versus improving. Ill let Russ chime in on this since hes been there, did the same and took most of his out on the blue car.\

Like Logan mentioned... e-brake too. Function > form, if its just a cable issue thats easily solved and I hope you do so. Otherwise Z32 e-brake assy isnt hard to source on here, Im sure plenty of people on here would be willing to help out.

Just being critical since you obviously put a lot of time, money and effort in the car. Otherwise not too shabby.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #105
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Haha, found those pictures on the website in his sig, sorry everyone.
If you got the pics, show em

This is like having naked pics of your ex girlfriend

But not showing them to people

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCo Justin View Post
Agreed. Just some constructive criticism... with those wheels (sizing, style, etc) and the spoiler I personally would have gone with a little more aggressive sides at least and perhaps more aggressive kit overall. But thats just my personal opinion. Just seems like it went a step backwards from the original look. That and the overkill in bracing. The cage itself is typically enough then to add a STB, C-pillar bar and a trunk brace, that just seems like you're adding more weight, hurting performance versus improving. Ill let Russ chime in on this since hes been there, did the same and took most of his out on the blue car.

Otherwise not too shabby.

Toyota Echo. Get it?

LOLZ

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 AM   #106
CKAMC
Post Whore!

was kinda hoping to see some new aero since you decided to change the paint....
Old 09-04-2007, 03:27 AM   #107
Ethix
Leaky Injector

Ethix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura about
I think it looks rad.

I also disagree on the aero. I think if more agressive aero was added it would just end up looking like every other fastback with white TE's that we've seen recently (just in a different color).

-Mark
Ethix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:12 AM   #108
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
oh yea thats nice

i like it just the way it is. looks like you went 18's all around.

what sizes did you end up going with?

i KNEW from the teaser they were white TE's...i knew it
Old 09-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #109
genetic
Zilvia Member

genetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura about
i like your old wheels

other than that, its cool.
genetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #110
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
It has all the right parts...buuuuuuut, something is wrong.
can't put my finger on it either.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #111
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Looks rad man!

To me, it almost looks like it would need 17's in the front with the kind of aero you've got on it...
Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #112
hippo_chips
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
hippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nice
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Love the car. I'm not a fan of 18s all around though. But, hell it's yours. Everyone can keep giving you suggestions on what to do to make it look better, but there's a reason why your car looks like this, cause you, yourself, thought it looked hot. I'd give you plenty of suggestions too, but I'm keeping those ideas for me, so I can make my car the way I want it. Awesome car man.
hippo_chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #113
a_ahmed
BANNED

Well I still didnt get any email back from intense motorsports...

Also http://www.str-w.jp/silvia.htm is all japanese lol i dont speak japanese :P And.. it seems less beefy than the touge one, but cant be for sure from the pics...
Old 09-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #114
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
got a high res of this pic?
id like to use it as my BG

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #115
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Looks baller but I too kinda think that it looked ballerer in red. Maybe pics don't do it justice(?)
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #116
Frosty_spl
Zilvia Member

Frosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enough
It looked more unique before. Its still nice, just waaay more subtle.

Honestly I think the wheels are killing it.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #117
unicoladron
Zilvia Junkie

unicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choices
traitor!!!! why are you hanging out with honda fan boys!!!!

j/k i know some of you were thinking the same thing!

love the car dude love hatch wing, works perfect for the look of the car
Old 09-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #118
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
And tsk tsk on the rock e brake
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCo Justin View Post
Like Logan mentioned... e-brake too. Function > form, if its just a cable issue thats easily solved and I hope you do so. Otherwise Z32 e-brake assy isnt hard to source on here, Im sure plenty of people on here would be willing to help out.

Dudes, from the looks of it I think those pics were taken at a track day... Maybe he was just letting his brakes cool down?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #119
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
I liked it way better, when it was red. But, to each his own.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #120
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

nissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant future
I like it better red if it was going to be a show car, but since its a track/guessing DD also, I like it better now. It looks clean and subtle. Keeps unwanted attention off the car.
nissanguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote