Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 08-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #31
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
How exactly do you figure? Just look at the Miata or the S2000, small RWD cars are still around, heck look at the yaris, the fit, the prius, etc. even the older 240s are monstrous compared to those tin cans on wheels.

Yeah safety standards are more strict but that doesn't me we wont see a small FR chassis.
Not really. They're not as light as you think, they may be smaller than the 240 but still not as light as your average S13.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2008, 07:52 PM   #32
Jodan
Zilvia Member

Jodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jodan
that doesnt follow recent nissan design cue's at all.
Jodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #33
GTChampion

GTChampion is an unknown quantity at this point
Bring back flip up lights!!!!
GTChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #34
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTChampion View Post
It'll never happen.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #35
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
oi...there is a reason you dont see flippy lights ne more...heres a snippet below from the wikipedia topic

"US laws now permit aerodynamic headlamps, relative to which hidden headlamps represent added cost, weight, and complexity as well as reliability concerns as cars age. Internationalized ECE auto safety regulations have also recently incorporated pedestrian-protection provisions restricting protuberances from car bodies, making it more difficult and expensive to design compliant pop-up headlamps.
The last time pop-up headlamps appeared on a volume-production car was in 2004 when both the Lotus Esprit and C5 Corvette ended production."

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #36
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
How exactly do you figure? Just look at the Miata or the S2000, small RWD cars are still around, heck look at the yaris, the fit, the prius, etc. even the older 240s are monstrous compared to those tin cans on wheels.

Yeah safety standards are more strict but that doesn't me we wont see a small FR chassis.
Current Miata's are ugly. S2000's hmmm jury still out on that one. While you are indeed pointing out smaller cars, they have much higher belt lines.

You pay extra for the Lotus because its low slung and Lotus gets away with it because its a limited production vehicle and I believe they pay a certain fine for the design itself.
Current Federal crash safety standards which are being implemented by car manufacturers world wide, if they want to sell here, demand a higher belt line on mass production vehicles.
Hence the reason you see so many Sports cars sitting high. My biggest gripe with the Solstice/Sky is how high there belt lines are and how high they sit, because GM took the easy way out and just raised up the whole damn car.
At least Nissan looked at and said ok beltline up chassis down.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #37
zerke
Leaky Injector

zerke is making a name for him/her selfzerke is making a name for him/her selfzerke is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zerke
looks like a piece of shit yaris
Old 09-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #38
shreeveco
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
shreeveco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
one of the better renderings i've seen, but still not my favorite. it needs to be smaller and more sleek. i'm sick of bubble cars.
shreeveco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:30 AM   #39
91SuperS13
Leaky Injector

91SuperS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Current Miata's are ugly. S2000's hmmm jury still out on that one. While you are indeed pointing out smaller cars, they have much higher belt lines.

you must smoke a lot of rock....
Old 10-02-2008, 04:40 AM   #40
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
and they should bring back the motorized seatbelts!!!!!! and 8 track platers!!!!!!! awesome.!!!!!
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #41
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
^^^ ha ha ha

I like the rendering.. best one i've seen yet.
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #42
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91SuperS13 View Post
u silly kids...say good bye to the current S2000 design in the next year...honda has a replacement body style on the way...and from what ive seen of it...get ready for a frumpy lookin S2000 (just like every other frumpy sports coupe/roadster on the road today)

Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #43
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Smoke a lot of rock? No, have some sense about good auto design? Yes. Not a fan of roadster that has a long stretched front with the rear wheels right at the back of the body? Yes.

Oh and by the way, MR. I am stuck in Maryland, in the middle of fucking nowhere, on the eastern seaboard, try moving to New York or at least Boston.
Maybe you will get sense of taste and style. Not in, I am lost to all things stylish Maryland.

Oh and speaking of Rock smoking you must be the expert on it since you come from Rockville.

Hell even R.E.M. wrote a song called Don't go back to Rockville. Even they knew more than you.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #44
sileighty83
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
sileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sileighty83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mRclARK1 View Post
I'm gonna go against the flow here and say IMHO it looks like shit.

Recently all cars are starting to look SO much the same, it's a little ridiculous.

Agreed looks crappy
sileighty83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #45
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
that rendering shows absolutely no lineage to silvias past.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #46
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
that rendering shows absolutely no lineage to silvias past.
the 350z didnt show a whole lot of lineage either...neither does the 370z

Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #47
sweet89s13
Zilvia Member

sweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrms13 View Post
kinda reminds me of a TSX/TL

that is exactly what i was thinking, a squished face tsx. if its RWD and stick ill buy it. Maybe its just me but im still in love with my s chassis hopefully the new version wont be a letdown.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #48
Naughty240
Zilvia Member

Naughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enoughNaughty240 will become famous soon enough
I really think my G sedan will go bye bye the minute the offical pic is released. I dying to see the real thing. The one in the pic is very nice.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #49
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwKouki View Post
remember when you 1st saw a FD, or the s15...kind of made the little hairs on your body and go "oooh thats a nice piece of machinery" nothing new does that anymore. Shit the FD still looks better than 80% of the new platforms coming out there.

noone has soul anymore.
I agree 100%.

I just look at an s15 and see more "human" characteristics. The rendering just looks all futurey(dont know if thats a word) and robotic like every other car now a days.
drftmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:36 AM   #50
SilviaDoctrine
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDoctrine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
All the designs for the new 240 and the micra fail! I hate the futuristic look, and wish some of the cars would keep their originality rather than conforming with the concept look almost every manufacturer is following.
SilviaDoctrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #51
mrpeepers
Zilvia Junkie

mrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the 350z didnt show a whole lot of lineage either...neither does the 370z
I think that the 350z was an evolution i think partly due to the fact that it was on hiatus and i think they may have had more liberty to create a design that "fit" the the current cars on the market. As for the 370z i do see some design cues that are similar to the older Z cars, but i see that more in the proportions than the headlights etc
mrpeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #52
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
just wanted to say... The new Micra rendering looks like a neon SRT4.

And I hate the new "silvia" rendering.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #53
wylin
Zilvia Addict

wylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud of
Quote:
don't bait dave he'll write something long and flamish. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I think the s2k is long in tooth as a design (i own one), the 04 revision did leagues to make it more modern and less tall looking. But its still a design dating back to the late 90's. One just needs to look at the trim and cool 90's honda radio to figure that out.

As for the rendering i think it looks okay. It will have to have a blunt nose to meet EU pedo crash regulations or use a popup/ airbag in the hood for pedos.

I think what i should look like is harken back to the angular design of the S13 and S14 kouki for a more aggressive look that is in defiance. And the side should be more swoopy like the recent renault laguna concept.

I mean it couldn't turn out worse than some of the acura designs...
Old 10-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #54
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylin View Post

I mean it couldn't turn out worse than some of the acura designs...
Amen. They have the worst design language in the industry right now nex to Chrysler.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #55
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
s14

I don't like that rendering, it looks like a big bulky family sedan, that lady is too fat! She needs to be smaller and lower, smaller fenders and hood. And those headlights WTF were u thinking, they need to more like the S15 sekxy cat eyes grrrr. I don't know why nissan is using the 350z platform in all of their vehicles, 350z, altima, the G35 coupe; they all have the same type of headlighs. Come on Nissan! I know u can do better than that, and I'm praying to the Nismo goods that this is not their final design. LOL.
KOUKIboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #56
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
NASTY UGLY AND ITS GONNA BE GARBAGE..... no thanks!

S15 for me.... NEXT!@!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #57
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^^ Amen broda! Word
Old 10-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #58
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Nissan, it seems, has been on the long road to fail since the french bailed their asses out... Renault owns a 44% share in nissan. Thats a big chunk there partners.

Fucking french. Next thing we all know, the Níssán will be throwing in a loaf of french bread with every shitty Renault knockoff car sale.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:23 AM   #59
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Nissan, it seems, has been on the long road to fail since the french bailed their asses out... Renault owns a 44% share in nissan. Thats a big chunk there partners.

Fucking french. Next thing we all know, the Níssán will be throwing in a loaf of french bread with every shitty Renault knockoff car sale.
See this is where we are diametrically opposed. Nissan was a mess in the late 90's. Ghosn did a good job of saving the company. What they are doing now is so much better its amazing. They streamlined their chassis lineup. They streamlined their engine lineup. They cut out the excess that was costing the company a fortune.

People criticize the platform the 350 is based on. Its a extremely rigid and amazing platform. While people call the car heavy it handles much better than one would think a 3175 pound car would. Same goes for the GTR for a 3800 pound car its handling is almost physics defying.

Should I add their sales are up, not down? A lot of you guys don't like artist rendering. Thinking that's what a particular up coming car is going to look like. People its a rendering its not the defacto product.

I remember all the different renderings of the 350 before it came out. It wound up looking different than almost all of them. It wound up not being bad at all. The 370 is looking pretty hot IMO.

In the end Nissan is having success, not fail. If you think its fail, its because it does not fit your ideal of what you think they should be doing. With sales up though, I think a lot of people would disagree.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:13 AM   #60
SexPanda
Post Whore!

the FM platform is an ok looking platform, and yeah it does perform nicely, but nissan cut out too much trying to save a dime imo.

Now Im looking at hyundai and saturn to find an affordable rwd coupe, and to me thats fucked up.

I hope to god nissan gets with the program and designs something that doesnt use the same damn platform as everything else... "K-car" sound familiar, anyone? Smaller, lighter, decently powered, and for the love of god, not another fucking fm car.

I say bring back the 240z. There are some good looking concepts floating around...

Last edited by SexPanda; 10-18-2008 at 02:00 AM..