Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #1
Hexxy

Trader Rating: (0)
Hexxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Jerking/shaking under 4krpms?

(sorry mods if I put this in the wrong part of the site, please let me know if do)
I am a young car enthusiast (15 and a half) and I just got a 91 S13 with a sr20det (350+hp). I was driving it for the first time yesterday in first gear around my neighborhood, when I let off the gas anywhere under 4000RPM's the car jerks around, the guy I bought it off of says it has new hardened motor mounts so its probably not that, he said it probably needs a tune though as he only flashed one he found on the internet. Also when its jerking like this the air/fuel ratio is around 11.5/12 and usually its around 14.5/15 (idk if this matters.) Please help, i'm worried something is seriously wrong.

Also it has a stage 5 clutch so maybe I just need to get used to driving it? I'm not sure.
Hexxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2019, 06:32 AM   #2
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Maybe you should tell us exactly what the car has for modifications, any weird smells/noises, if you can actually drive stick, pictures of this thing.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #3
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
you drove around and just left it in first gear the whole time? lol did you put the clutch in when you let off throttle or leave it engaged?