Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
ocelotmother

Trader Rating: (2)
ocelotmother is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Q45 - RB25 TPS Question

Hi, I am running an RB25 with the front facing manifold and Q45 throttle body, and I just found the throttle body is leaking out of the TPS shaft (seems to be a common issue). Since both of the sensors, RB25 and Q45, run on same voltage range, I threw my RB25 TB back on.

My question is, does anyone know about running an RB25 TB on a car tuned for a Q45 TB?

Should it still work relatively well, or will I have to make adjustments on the computer? If that's the case, would it be a matter of a simple calibration or more than just that (running Haltech)?

Thanks!

Also, I tried running the car with the new change but I'm not getting anywhere with it. Tried running with TPS unplugged and the engine would cut. I can't seem to get the sensor to output proper voltage. The signal wire is showing a crazy range of voltage. With a tiny turn of the TPS I go from like 0.4v to full 5v. The sensor should be fine since I have used it before (don't know if maybe the ECU has something to do with it?). Also tried using a couple spare RB25 sensors I got laying around and they all do the same thing exactly with the signal voltage. I double checked the wiring, there is no mistake about that.
ocelotmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links