Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-14-2023, 11:42 AM   #14041
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Why not the Turbo-3 out of the Yaris/Corolla?
SERIOUSLY THIS. Lexus also offers a 240hp 4-cyl in their base IS300

GR86 base should've been the 240hp lexus turbo-4
then a GRMN86 with the 300+hp turbo-3, give it better brakes/suspension/interiors. blow this one up to like $45k or something. people will pay for it.
Old 11-14-2023, 07:43 PM   #14042
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
I'm crossing my fingers though that legislation is passed (or executive order) that will delay or remove the absolutely abhorrent and crippling emissions measures on automobile manufacturing that is coming down the pipeline in the next decade or so.

"They" really do want people staying in their homes and only using public transportation lol. The death of an industry. Modern cars are SO expensive due to all these sensors and complex technology that "helps" drivers/pedestrians and is "safe."
I was thinking about this while working on my S13. it's my first s-chassis and I was able to disconnect everything and drop the entire front and rear subframe by myself. not a flex, just part of my point that it's the complete opposite of my 2019 daily driver.

it takes several sockets, extensions, swivels etc. to replace the spark plugs on my daily. the charge pipes have pipe clamps that can't be reached from the top. the plastic covering on the bottom of the car means that you can either jack up the car, or rest it on jack stands, because there isn't enough room for both.

with an S13, there's like 3 moving parts in my engine bay. I can replace the headers with 10 bolts. I can replace a timing chain with enough time and knowledge. not so easy on something 30 years newer. i know why it's happening, but i hate it...
Old 11-15-2023, 01:24 AM   #14043
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermogod View Post
with an S13, there's like 3 moving parts in my engine bay. I can replace the headers with 10 bolts. I can replace a timing chain with enough time and knowledge. not so easy on something 30 years newer. i know why it's happening, but i hate it...
welcome to the age of appreciating simpler times. theres a reason so many of us "old folk" still love and adore the s-chassis. there will NEVER be another car like it! thru all its ups and downs, the s-chassis will always be a VERY special car.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 04:47 PM   #14044
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
welcome to the age of appreciating simpler times. theres a reason so many of us "old folk" still love and adore the s-chassis. there will NEVER be another car like it! thru all its ups and downs, the s-chassis will always be a VERY special car.
Yeah. And I'm shocked how quickly and easily people can pull an engine out of a muscle car and swap in a completely different setup. "Progress"
Old 11-16-2023, 07:43 AM   #14045
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is the new z out in the wild already? Havent seen any in my AO
Old 11-16-2023, 02:14 PM   #14046
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post

I've seen a few. Not impressed.

Only production numbers I've seen is 250 for 2022 and 450 sold in Q1 of 2023.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 02:19 PM   #14047
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Yeah. And I'm shocked how quickly and easily people can pull an engine out of a muscle car and swap in a completely different setup. "Progress"
Eh, don't need to pull engines these days.

The 240SX was basically a Japanese Fox Mustang. I have a quote from a Japanese Tuner that was "the 180Sx was the best tuning car ever because you could actually make changes and feel the improvements."

This was because the base car was such a wet noodle hot mess. Unlike a brand new 911 or Corvette which is just dialed in. Hell, even an FRS, most suspension mods are going to make the car noticeably worse.
Old 11-17-2023, 12:17 AM   #14048
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
guy in my neighborhood had one out front of his house on wheels and coilovers. looked pretty good. drastic improvement over the 370z... though, still the same car. nissan taking a page from Dodge's book.

Old 11-17-2023, 06:37 PM   #14049
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
guy in my neighborhood had one out front of his house on wheels and coilovers. looked pretty good. drastic improvement over the 370z... though, still the same car. nissan taking a page from Dodge's book.
They wish.

LX cars dominated in sales and profitablity. Challenger and Charger combined outsold the Mustang by fathoms. They are also the most stolen car in the country by a significant margin.

Nissan's FX platform never tapped into the pure love that the LX cars did. LX cars are beloved because they meet customer expectations, large, planted and comfortable with that old school big body muscle car feels. Reminiscent of all those old Mopar and Body on Frame cruisers.

FX on the other hand has always been blasted as a compromised overweight and numb feeling sporting chassis.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:19 AM   #14050
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i meant more along the lines of using the same chassis over and over, just updating as it goes along... the FM (not FX) platform has been around since what? 2002? i meant theyre taking a play dodges (and chevys and fords) book in just sticking with one platform and maximizing profits from it since there is marginal retooling involved versus generating an entirely new platform that, in nissans case, would probably perform better over all due to its age... but again, profits!

i agree with you heavily though on dodges approach in actually meeting their customers expectations. seems like dodge followed the idea of "here is something you didnt know you needed!!!" with editions like the Hellcat and people ate it up! funny how that works... and didnt nissan used do that too in some alternate and long forgotten reality? lol

my how times have changed...

Old 01-12-2024, 10:01 AM   #14051
WaTit

WaTit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WaTit Send a message via Yahoo to WaTit
Is the longevity of Nissan's FM platform, in use since 2002, a strategic move similar to Dodge's approach, maximizing profits with marginal retooling? How do you think this strategy compares to the customer-centric approach of Dodge, particularly with their successful introduction of editions like the Hellcat?
WaTit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:32 PM   #14052
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTit View Post
Is the longevity of Nissan's FM platform, in use since 2002, a strategic move similar to Dodge's approach, maximizing profits with marginal retooling? How do you think this strategy compares to the customer-centric approach of Dodge, particularly with their successful introduction of editions like the Hellcat?
I feel like Nissan is irrelevant and circling the drain in zombie mode.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:44 AM   #14053
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I feel like Nissan is irrelevant and circling the drain in zombie mode.
I concur. Look at their lineup. Ditching cars for suv's and crossovers like a lot of manufacturers are doing.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 10:50 AM   #14054
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Outside of the Z/GTR, anyone who buys a new Nissan is probably in the same group that buys a new Mitsubishi.

Crazy time we live in that Hyundai/Kia has more sporty offerings than Nissan at the moment.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:19 PM   #14055
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Not to California Bash, but uhhhhh WTF?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...9d0f5950&ei=65

How do you think this will affect new cars?
If you thought T56s are expensive now......

Makes me think of Sweden and their "A traktor" law, except for everyone ALL the time.
https://www.euractiv.com/section/tra...icence-needed/
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:03 PM   #14056
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Not to California Bash, but uhhhhh WTF?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...9d0f5950&ei=65

How do you think this will affect new cars?
If you thought T56s are expensive now......

Makes me think of Sweden and their "A traktor" law, except for everyone ALL the time.
https://www.euractiv.com/section/tra...icence-needed/
As predicted with the push for EVs. Soon you'll get taxed by miles driven, locations visited and time of day used.

Also, I bet there was a racial element to that 30% death in the Bay area...but let's not address THAT issue.