Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Sr20-Vert is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sr20det stock mainstuds max hp?

Hi I was wondering if anyone know when the stock main studs start to fail just built a 2.2 stroker sr20 and didn’t change the mains and was shooting for 500 whp already at 420
Sr20-Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i don't know how much but they do hold a lot...i have some ARP mains, used, if you wna upgrade! will need line hone from my understanding afterward
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Once you've gone in there and changed things around of course it will all be different.

the clamping forces involved are designed for stock parts, so even just changing the type of bearing materials could alter the force required to hold a bearing in a round shape.

The girdle itself is likely over engineered and will tolerate far more abuse than most of the surrounding parts including the block

I say that based on construction, i.e. the engineers are usually 'smart' about putting strength in places where it won't cost or weigh extra, and that (girdle) is one place where extreme durability would be a negligible cost or weight, given that the engines like sr20 (2jz etc) typically needed one in the first place anyways as an essential component of stability.

Basically I'd worry about lots of other things before messing with the safety factor of the mains/girdle. And be extra careful when performing modifications down there (you would be surprised and so would many machinists how much attention to detail is required)
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:35 AM   #4
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Sounds good I’ll tell you specs . Cp custom piston 86.5 ve eagle super duty rods eagle stroker crank arp 625 age rod bolts Ati super damper Mazworx built head solid lifters hks 264 cams duel guide conversion greddy intake manifold q45 Tb gtx3076 peakboost top mount id1300 arp headstuds tomei headgasekt haltech ps1000 cd00a exdedy twin disk. Car was at 420 whp at 17 psi was going for retune on e85 looking to hit 500 whp just a street car used on weekends sometimes no drift events or anything
Old 03-11-2019, 07:13 AM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Stock bolts will do 500 WHP no problem. The Motoiq landspeed car used stock bolt sand made 600+ WHP on the SR15VEt landspeed car.......

Also, you have spent more in just piston rings, why would you not just spend the 1-200 on a set of Mazworx studs??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #6
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Well I built the motor with ve pistons so I can go do the swap later. I though I had main studs already might be in my spare motor but I already had machine shop install stroker and I just want 500whp i don’t wonna have them line hone block and what not. I waited months for them to build motor kinda just wonna drive this thing. I figured I’ll sleeve block when I go ve and just do the mains then. You think I should really do mains I might that’s why I made this thread
Old 03-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #7
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Oh Main studs. Those are good for 500WHP no problem as well.

If you have stock mains in there now, I wouldn't change a thing. If you are going to line hone, might as well get a set of billet mains.

Goodluck!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote