Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #31
Yikes

Trader Rating: (0)
Yikes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
i mean..they did make them for almost a decade....

hope your visit to the shop turns up something.
I was born a tad too late I guess. Early 20s here, I'll never experience a new silvia unless I completely rebuild my own from the ground up (which I hope to achieve one day) ahahaaaaa
Yikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2020, 11:45 PM   #32
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
badicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Coolant temp sensor-2 wire one
I feel this was looked over. And the car was running fine for months no problems, just started acting up. The tune has never changed.

The temp sensor you can test, but they're so cheap (cant imagine they're that differently price in Australia) just replace it.

https://www.amazon.com/Nissan-22630-...4791879&sr=8-1
badicalradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:08 AM   #33
Yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by badicalradical View Post
I feel this was looked over. And the car was running fine for months no problems, just started acting up. The tune has never changed.

The temp sensor you can test, but they're so cheap (cant imagine they're that differently price in Australia) just replace it.

https://www.amazon.com/Nissan-22630-...4791879&sr=8-1
It's about 60 dollars a pop here. It's not wallet damaging for sure, I just didn't really want to start replacing things without a full idea of what's going on since...covid has uh done a number on my wallet as well. However, with that said I will take note of this and if the shop run doesn't go well tomorrow. I'll switch that out immediately since it is on the easier side of things.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:58 PM   #34
Yikes

Hey all, so I just got back from the shop. Turns out it was a blocked injector all along that was causing it spazz out. So far it hasn't had any RPM drops or stalling like symptoms. I'll have to monitor it for a few days to see how I go then I'll update it one last time for people who may have this issue in the future.

Thanks for all the inputs you guys have given.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:00 AM   #35
samotage
BANNED

samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok! Fuel, air, spark!

Has the car sat for some time? Maybe fuel drying up and gelling out?

Victory in finding it, and now you have all these nice clean peripherals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:14 AM   #36
Yikes

Yea, the car did sit for about a month without movement because I was overseas. But is that enough time for it to get clogged like that? The car is definitely running on all 4 cylinders now, but the starting of the car is still a bit uhh I guess the best word would be slow. So it might not be all over yet ahaha
Old 07-16-2020, 04:18 AM   #37
samotage
BANNED

samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
Not really. Mine sat for two and a half years before firing first go. There was some lifter rattle that subsided after a while idling, and is all good now.

Though that said I only ever put premium 98 in and drained the fuel before continuing with new oils etc.

Still, it?s something to sort out why it happened, have you had the firm times of opening the tank and getting the pump out etc yet? Always a good moment for upgrades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:33 AM   #38
Yikes

I think I got some lifter rattles right now, it's either that or my injectors are rattling lmao. I still need to figure that out. The next things to replace on the list is the fuel filter and the pump. I'm scared of that giving out next aha
Old 07-16-2020, 09:44 AM   #39
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
sr's do have noisy injectors, so don't drive yourself too crazy. A mechanics stethoscope would be a good thing to have around, just to check in on things periodically. Cheap too, like borscht.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:01 AM   #40
Yikes

Well, I'm back with an update. While the engine is definitely running on all 4 cylinders, it occasionally still dips. I'm taking it to a different shop this time to see if I can get it cleared up. Also struggles to crank, rarely does it, but still happens.

Seems like it's multiple things at once that's causing this outcome.