Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #61
420sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
whats the point tho? ls1 everything.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #62
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
With the drift tax fucking up the prices of 240's so much, I'm honestly surprised we don't see more people running to E36's to drift. These cars are damn cheap now.
I spent two month trying to find a decent 240sx w/ out drift tax, found maybe 3 but they all ended up having some surprise so then I spent 30 minutes to look for an e30 or e36... bought a nice little 318is that runs like a champ and had a couple things done already for cheap the next morning. Very please, except it is a 318is and not a 325is or M but hey cheap is cheap and I honestly believe if this build can be done right I would like to look into doing it myself.
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #63
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
OzzYNMotioN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for all the support guys, I can't quote anyone right now because I'm on my phone :/ the computer took a shit -_-. But to answer some questions for engine management for right now im going to just run the stock ecu untill it running, then switch to power fc. And go from there, and yes when I get to the point of starting the car there will be plenty of videos going to be posted. Also the car will be going to CFRC and county line as soon as its finished! If you guys have any questions feel free to ask thanks again for the support.
OzzYNMotioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #64
thegame213la
Leaky Injector

thegame213la is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzYNMotioN View Post
yea ive talked to the people that have done RB and 2j swaps and they say the motor really weighs down the front of the car throwing off the balance. so i went with sr for its reliability, abundance of cheap parts, and very popular so you can go any where to get tech help with them. im glad your enjoying the build stay tuned!
dude props on the build keep the pics comming! its sick! hey i need help i have R33 brakes all around what brake pads could i use besides the R33 pads?
thegame213la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #65
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

SR Update!

ok everyone, I have fixed the engine mounts and the engine sits in the bay perfectly now. Also I have received more parts today, so now have the turbo and intercooler piping.
Here is the turbo sized up next to a coca cola can, its GT3076R

The turbo sized up and getting ready to be mounted on the exhaust mani.

ok now for the intercooler piping, what i did was ordered S13 intercooler piping which turned out perfect for fabbing up to the e36 front.
here is the cold side trimmed to fit.

and now for the hot side.

and now for a front view! Personally i think the s13 piping fit almost like a glove, exempt a few pieces need to to be trimmed up.

ok thats all i have for you guys for right now, i just ordered radiator flex pipe from summit so that should be coming in a few days. also i have a slave cylinder, and some piping to build my exhaust. and right now im currently working on the custom oil pan and oil sump, so ill have that done soon. ill be updating soon!!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #66
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sexcii-zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
very niice!!! u welding up the remaining on the missing pipes? will look alot cleaner versus using muliple couplers in the same section...which rad ur gona use a s13 or that stock 1 there?
sexcii-zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #67
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
No, DO use couplers, you'll need some flex. It's not like you have that many couplers anyway.

Not the first sr20 powered bmw. Been done plenty of times. BUT, I still like it.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #68
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

He would have 4couplers total if he welded the missing connections in the middle no need for extra clutter...

4couplers:
1st coupler throttlebody to cold pipe
2nd coupler cold pipe to intercooler
3rd coupler intercooler to hot pipe
4th coupler hot pipe to turbo

That should be more than enough couplers 4flex...but whatever floats ur boat
Old 03-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #69
benz88
Leaky Injector

benz88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Than how is he supposed to remove the hot side? or get it in place.
benz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #70
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Nice work OP
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #71
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

i had to use the amount of couplers so i can place the piping where it needs to be mounted, and for the missing coupler all im doing is putting a 90 degree coupler to finish it off.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #72
ChemtrailsSR86

ChemtrailsSR86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice....Who cares what the bandwagon kids say on this forum. Most of them think they are cool cause they dont drive a Honda. When really they are falling from the same Looser Newbie tree. Its like a topic i seen on here questioning people's car if its "RICE" or not. Dude come on guys, really,... your gonna take a picture and speak on someone else's car? Sounds kinda gay if u ask me. It's like commenting on the way another guy dresses or does their hair. Are u Gay? why would u care? Its funny how most peeps just follow the heard. Follow follow follow. I'm cool cause I have an ILLEST sticker on my car, And im cooler than you cause my wheels are authentic, or im cooler than u cause my wheels stick out 3 feet pass the fenders and I have to camber them so bad that my gay as car looks stupid and my contact patch of my tires is practically zero.
ChemtrailsSR86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #73
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz88 View Post
Than how is he supposed to remove the hot side? or get it in place.
how often do u have to remove ur intercooler pipes?

hey it was only a suggestion...
Old 03-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #74
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexcii-zenki View Post
how often do u have to remove ur intercooler pipes?

hey it was only a suggestion...
yea you do got a point, you never know the intercooler piping could get damaged and its an easy way to replace it.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #75
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i honestly dont see the problem with this build, its pretty cool! ive played around with the idea of going sr in the e28 lol. its been done before i think
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #76
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemtrailsSR86 View Post
Nice....Who cares what the bandwagon kids say on this forum. Most of them think they are cool cause they dont drive a Honda. When really they are falling from the same Looser Newbie tree. Its like a topic i seen on here questioning people's car if its "RICE" or not. Dude come on guys, really,... your gonna take a picture and speak on someone else's car? Sounds kinda gay if u ask me. It's like commenting on the way another guy dresses or does their hair. Are u Gay? why would u care? Its funny how most peeps just follow the heard. Follow follow follow. I'm cool cause I have an ILLEST sticker on my car, And im cooler than you cause my wheels are authentic, or im cooler than u cause my wheels stick out 3 feet pass the fenders and I have to camber them so bad that my gay as car looks stupid and my contact patch of my tires is practically zero.
Are you done crying now?

OP- I'm interested to see how the turbo holds up. If anything comes from this maybe it will be a legitimate review. I've been toying with the idea of building a missile and throw the $300 GSP 2871r turbo on
Old 03-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #77
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are homophobic comments not grounds for banning? This is coming along better than I thought it would. Post some vids when it's done.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #78
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremk2 View Post
Are homophobic comments not grounds for banning? This is coming along better than I thought it would. Post some vids when it's done.
I just don't see why everyone is arguing lol, but yea I'll most deffently post videos, first start up, first drive, some drifting action
Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #79
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

SR Update!

ok this is a little update, as you could tell from my previous pictures i had a 4 point roll cage, but thanks to a good friend i picked up a 10 point cage for 400.
also i stole a bride seat from my friend and ordered a sparco seat mount. and installed it.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #80
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
ok this is a little update, as you could tell from my previous pictures i had a 4 point roll cage, but thanks to a good friend i picked up a 10 point cage for 400.
also i stole a bride seat from my friend and ordered a sparco seat mount. and installed it.
more pix of the car with the cage
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #81
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexcii-zenki View Post
more pix of the car with the cage
ok ill go down to the shop tomorrow and take some.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #82
NismoFoLife

NismoFoLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Build. Keep up the good wokr
NismoFoLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #83
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

ridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her selfridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ridesnowx4
Sweet build!! keep goin!!!

I've been thinking of doing an e46 build and slapping my RB25 in it. I've built too many S chassis over the past 10 years and may want to try something else.

I had an e46 a few years back but it was just a daily and in wayyyy to good of shape to tear apart.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #84
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesnowx4 View Post
Sweet build!! keep goin!!!

I've been thinking of doing an e46 build and slapping my RB25 in it. I've built too many S chassis over the past 10 years and may want to try something else.

I had an e46 a few years back but it was just a daily and in wayyyy to good of shape to tear apart.
hmmm a rb in a e46, might be interesting, i have a buddy of mine that built a kit for *the e36 to install all the rb series, but right now i think he is running a RB26 out of the r34, he said its pretty scary. lol
ha yea i know how it is with the S-chassis i used to own a rb20 powered 240
then i had a tie rod snap on a 80mph entry and put me into the wall, lol long story short it burnt to the ground so now i have an e36 hah*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoFoLife View Post
Nice Build. Keep up the good wokr
thank you sir, yea ive been working night and day to get this thing going hah.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #85
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Crondy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
hmmm a rb in a e46, might be interesting, i have a buddy of mine that built a kit for *the e36 to install all the rb series, but right now i think he is running a RB26 out of the r34, he said its pretty scary. lol
ha yea i know how it is with the S-chassis i used to own a rb20 powered 240
then i had a tie rod snap on a 80mph entry and put me into the wall, lol long story short it burnt to the ground so now i have an e36 hah*

thank you sir, yea ive been working night and day to get this thing going hah.
well that sounds like hell. haha
Crondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #86
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm interested to see how this will turn out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemtrailsSR86 View Post

tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #87
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That dog has a tell. He sucks his tongue in before he throws a right hook. He can be beaten.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #88
phearski

phearski is an unknown quantity at this point
This guys likes this build.
phearski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #89
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremk2 View Post
They should be. I got in an argument with a twat a few weeks ago and he threw every homophobic insult at me and in the end he only got a warning. Some mods just don't have what it takes to be in the position they're in. The other result from that same thread was that the OP was temp-banned and the mod even made a crackshot homophobic remark at him as well. Fucking pathetic
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #90
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crondy View Post
well that sounds like hell. haha
haha yea it was hell, especially watching your car burn to ashes.

also i finished the oil pan and almost done with the oil sump ill have pictures up tonight