Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
"Lx Series"?

Should this prefix in the engine tech subforum be "LS Series"?

Trying to use proper nomenclature so people don't get confused when talking to non-Zilvians
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I believe that prefix is for the L24, L26, and L28 engines. Not for the LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7, or LS9.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I believe that prefix is for the L24, L26, and L28 engines. Not for the LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7, or LS9.
My fault. I was confused. The "x" confused me. Normally people would just call it L series. You also left out LS-X (eXtreme).

If you search through the threads though, people are selecting Lx when they really mean LS. So I'm not the only one confused
Old 06-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I excluded LSx because technically it can be anything from an LS1 to a 500+ cubic inch small block monster. You can have it built to whatever specs you'd like from GM Performance.

I understand the overall confusion.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I excluded LSx because technically it can be anything from an LS1 to a 500+ cubic inch small block monster. You can have it built to whatever specs you'd like from GM Performance.
and just for the record... I want one... real bad... like now... and I'll find something to put it in ... I'm talking about a biggun too

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
g6civcx
Post Whore!

I find it confusing when people say LSx to mean LS-Series because as he said above, LS-X is a custom GM crate motor.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
yes it is... of which a buddy of mine, john, has in his 2001 camaro SS and makes 9?? whp with blower... it's vicious

Old 06-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Yes "LSx" is used to identify the whole series of engines. It is also used to identify the custom built crate engines, due to the fact that most of them don't really fit into one of the predetermined LS* names. They can be virtually any displacement, with a mixed grab bag of heads, cam, intake manifold, etc.

I am personally a fan of the LS2. Chevy took all the good from the LS1 and the LS6 and combined them to create the LS2. 6 liters of bad-assery.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
DOOK
Post Whore!

LS9... but nobody will be touching one of those for any reasonable amount of money anytime soon