Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 10-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post More renders from Japan of the Nissan FR coupe

10-16-2008 09:56 AM

Filed under: , , ,

Affordable rear-wheel drive performance looks set to make a comeback, as both Nissan and Toyota are planning small, sporty coupes that should stack up rather nicely in performance and price. Another player comes from Korea in the form of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, which is set to do battle with the Mustang until the other Japanese players show up (assuming they make it to the U.S. market). We expect both the Toyota and the Nissan to use four cylinder engines, with manual transmissions sending power to the rear wheels. Reports indicate that the Nissan may use a turbocharged 1.6-liter unit putting out somewhere north of 200-horsepower, but less than 250. That would leave the 370Z to do battle at a slightly higher performance plateau and should allow Nissan to keep the price comparatively low, though we believe that both Nissan coupes could be based on the same platform. We should know more soon enough, as previous reports peg the new FR coupe to debut sometime in 2010. There's one more rendering after the break.

[Source: 7Tune.com]

Continue reading More renders from Japan of the Nissan FR coupe

ReadÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
A 1.6L?

wtf...

Just do it 2.0t like nearly every turbo performance car in japan post 1990...
renegade_ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
lol serious..1.8 could MAYBE pass, i think the vw golfs still come in a 1.8t
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
GAY!!!!!!!!!

wtf. a 1.6, it looks like a fucking nissan got raped by a saturn and to top it off...

I bet it'll have launch control, but we'll never be able to use it!
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
wow....thats just....why would....what the fu.....

fail...
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
I bet it'll have launch control, but we'll never be able to use it!
Personally, I don't want to see any kind of control (traction, VDC, whatever) on this car. At least make that stuff optional on this car or something. I don't find any of that stuff useful at all. Is this kinda stuff mandatory nowadays or what?

And 1.6L? I'm going to pretend that's a rumor and nothing more. 2.0 is a the number they should be going for.

Thoughts on this picture:

(I know this is a rendering...no need to remind me)

The side profile reminds me of the G35...which isn't a bad thing at all. The G35 is one of the best looking cars to come from Nissan in the recent years. Using it as a basis for the exterior design would be wise.

Dual tips are not necessary.

The front end needs work still and the Altima rear end has to go.

The wheels on this rendering are hideous. OEM wheels should look like the OEM 350Z or G35 Rays...but obviously not in 19s.

In the end, this thing still lacks identity. Still not a complete fan of it yet. I hope Nissan doesn't throw styling cues from other existing cars and call it a day...I want to see some originality in this car. If that's even possible nowadays.

muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
its ugly...
Old 10-18-2008, 04:59 AM   #8
160Z

160Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Doesn't look to bad from the side and the rear but that front is total wtf??
160Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:14 AM   #9
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
....Its sick , when it comes out i predict more then 10% of you guys will get one (which is a lot) and ... the parts available for it will be sick as hell , Just think about it ... S13/S14/S15 ___piece of crap?___ i dont think so , r35 wasnt a let down neither will the next silvia.
vodka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #10
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
The only way I think the 1.6L will redeem itself is if it has a big turbo stock and revs to 9.

I hate floating right @ 7 when sliding around turns knowing the stock heads dont like it very much...
Old 10-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #11
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
IMO, it needs a bigger motor. Yeah a 1.6 should rev to the sky if designed right but it won't have torque for shit. Next thing you know the car'll have a turbo B16 in it.

I think they should make a QR2XDE/QR2XDE-T variant that's for the new S-Chassis. Maybe a 2.2 or even a turbo variant of the 2.5 SE-R motor. 250 horsepower with decent torque would be awesome.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddafakka View Post
Thats not too bad, actually... But honestly, it looks like a altima coupe... They really need to mix it up a little I think...
Old 10-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #13
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Just throw an sr20 in it.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #14
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Thats not too bad, actually... But honestly, it looks like a altima coupe... They really need to mix it up a little I think...
I would agree with this. While not bad it is a little to much of just another model. Of course Nissan does has have a history of this. LOL look at a GC10 Skyline and a PL510 Bluebird. The Skyline looks like a 510 on Steroids.
If it had come out by itself without the Altima coupe already existing? Then it would not be as much of an issue.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #15
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Somnambulist
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
IMO, it needs a bigger motor. Yeah a 1.6 should rev to the sky if designed right but it won't have torque for shit. Next thing you know the car'll have a turbo B16 in it.

I think they should make a QR2XDE/QR2XDE-T variant that's for the new S-Chassis. Maybe a 2.2 or even a turbo variant of the 2.5 SE-R motor. 250 horsepower with decent torque would be awesome.
I will cry if they put a shitty QR anything in it. Worst motor ever.
They need to put the MR20DET in it.
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #16
SexPanda
Post Whore!

bring back the Ka24E!!!! Then slap on a turbo and call it a day.

lol jk. It looks decent, but like I said... It looks the same. Then again, if it starts out under 20g's and with more that 200 horses, I think i'll take it.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #17
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
got to remember boys and girls....there is no Altima in Japan....
This could be it

Profile isn't bad, face and ass shots on the other hand....blah

RedStage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulist View Post
I will cry if they put a shitty QR anything in it. Worst motor ever.
They need to put the MR20DET in it.
MR would be a more logical choice. Nissan seems to be wiping their hands of the QR and going to the MR.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #19
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

I honestly think they need to drop the roofline a bit, and the front needs to be reworked. The lines on the side of the car aren't that bad... but that grill is just horrendous.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #20
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Honestly, this may be the closest thing to the real production model, because of the current design path nissan is taking...

Its not bad... Needs to be tweeked, but not bad. Maybe I should put off getting that 135i...
Old 10-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #21
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
MR would be a more logical choice. Nissan seems to be wiping their hands of the QR and going to the MR.
Parden my ignorance as I could care less about most newer nissans, but what platform is the MR offered in and does an MRDET even exist as of now?
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #22
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight zenki View Post
Parden my ignorance as I could care less about most newer nissans, but what platform is the MR offered in and does an MRDET even exist as of now?
Nissan MR engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #23
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
because it IS an altima coupe

Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 AM   #24
91SuperS13
Leaky Injector

91SuperS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
! ! R E N D E R I N G ! !

Apparently some of us forget that as we are looking at a mix of every single Nissan released in the last decade.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the looks at this point.

I am, however, going to comment on the prospective engine...

I think that the 1.6 is a decent fit for this. Lightweight and cheap, that is what Nissan is going for. So for those of you hoping for more than 250 hp from Nissan in this car, keep dreamin'! Going with a larger engine and more horsepower means that they would (for safety reasons) incorporate all their fun little VDCs and other idiot proof technology to keep some dummy from wrapping this car around a phone poll (although I bet it still happens). All of which adds weight and cost, wich effectivly defeats the whole concept of this car.

I would bet that some sort of variable valve technology finds its way into the turbo model. Which should beef up the torque and expand the power band. But, vv-t combined with a spin-happpy 1.6 ltr would make for a fun dd. Lets not forget that the CA18 could put down a little over 300 hp reliably with some after market massaging. So it won't be a bore if you don't want it to be.

Engine specs and design speculation aside, I don't expect Nissan to let us down with this car. Lets not forget, that the Toyota/Subaru car is looming just ahead, and competing in the same market segment. Nissan is going to have to get this car right the first time, or deal with possibly losing an entire segment/generation of the market.

But these are just my thoughts... based upon this...

! ! R E N D E R I N G ! !

Last edited by 91SuperS13; 11-03-2008 at 08:05 PM..
91SuperS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #25
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
2.0 please! im not looking for a honda with no torque. i'll be happy if it looks like the altima coupe, or replaces the altima coupe. its a sexy car that just got shafted to being fwd.

1.6 is way too small. hyundais car is gonna be a 2.4? 2.5? liter 220hp. why cant nissans be the same? or just a 2.0? makes more sense. i can already see people swapping out that puney 1.6 for a vq.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #26
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
im down for a under 2.0 turbo 4 cyl, just aslong as its closed deck and is good for upto 300whp with upgrades.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #27
91SuperS13
Leaky Injector

91SuperS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lets also not forget that Audi has been putting a 1.8 ltr in the A4 for years. Those cars are not slow, and they also have the added weight of heated leather interior and an awd layout. A turbo 1.6 is not gonna be that bad.

In addition...

STOP comparing this car to the Genesis Coupe.

Thats like comparing a G35 to an RSX... see what I mean? Completely different market segment. The Genesis Coupe is a two door version of a FAMILY SEDAN!!!

If you want a 3600 lb car with a 220 hp turbo 2.5 be my guest. Your power to weight ratio sounds real promissing! I'll wave as I pass you shifting at 8500 rpm. Have fun fat-asses, enjoy ripping out 3/4 of your interior to get your p/w ratio to a respectable number. Besides, if you are seriously considering the Genesis coupe, you'd be looking at the V6 model as a platform (300 hp), and shooting for big hp #s in the aftermarket.

Now don't get me wrong, if Nissan offers a 2.0 ltr option like they did on the pre '94 180s in Japan, I'm all for it. But if they don't, I'm still throwing my name in the hat to get my hands on one of these cars.

I truely feel bad for those that refuse to accept that Nissan is not looking to produce a car that would take sales away from the Z. Seriously, would you buy a Z, if you could by a trubocharged 2.0 ltr rwd car from Nissan that performed almost as well as the Z but cost 10 grand less? Didn't think so... Nissan isn't trying to compete with itself.

but again... these are just my thoughts...
Old 11-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #28
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
the thing about the 1.6L engine is that it is supposed to have not only variable valve timing but also a variable crankshaft. at light load, boost is turned down and compression is raised. at heavy load compression is lowered and boost is turned up. 250 horse when you want it and 35mpg when you need it. all in a car that will most likely weigh in around 2900-3000lbs. sign me up.
jspeedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #29
Portuguese Bend
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Portuguese Bend is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hopefully, that doesn't become a problem like the new generation Hemi motors that shutdown two cylinders to get the fuel mileage of a 6 cylinder and the power of 8 cylinders when needed.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #30
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
What does nissan currently offer a 1.6L engine in? MR20 seems like the obvious choice, beef up the internals a little bit and boost it. I don't see them offering a QR variant I think they're trying to phase that failed engine out.
gregfarz78 is offline   Reply With Quote