Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 09-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Read your OBD-II with iPhone using REV

09-26-2008 06:01 PM

Filed under: ,

Here's another iPhone application that demonstrates that soon there is nothing you won't be able to know if you have just one device. DevToaster has created an app called Rev that reads information straight from the OBD-II port on your car and displays it on your iPhone. When it's fully operational, Rev can display things like vehicle speed, RPM, fuel consumption, calculated engine load, and a host of other parameters. You'll even be able to check and reset engine and error codes.

The only hitch is that you need an OBD-II/WLAN interface that can beam the information from the port to the phone. DevToaster is working on that now; in the meantime, you can download Rev Lite at their site and we have a feeling California's going to work on more phone-centric activities to ban.

[Source: DevToaster via WRX Fanatics]
ReadÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2008, 03:36 AM   #2
Wreckless35
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Wreckless35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wreckless35
im replying to this so it's always in my subcribed threads.. more reasons to love the iPhone!

Last edited by Wreckless35; 09-30-2008 at 09:53 AM..
Wreckless35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
that is bad ass
Old 09-30-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
That is fucking badass! I wish I had ODBII

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #5
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
where can i get an obdII wifi dongle?

wait... if there IS NO OBDII WIFI dongle.... then how are they getting this thing to work?

I call hoax!

BTW there have been tones of OBD-II reading software for pocket pc's and laptops that do this if not more than what this software offers.

Last edited by irax; 09-30-2008 at 05:58 AM..
irax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
BTW there have been tones of OBD-II reading software for pocket pc's and laptops that do this if not more than what this software offers.
Well aware of that. There is software to tune a car using a Nintendo Gameboy Color, there is software to use the DS as a ODBII reader

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Well aware of that. There is software to tune a car using a Nintendo Gameboy Color, there is software to use the DS as a ODBII reader
LOL if the price of the iphones and ipod touch didn't drop in price i'd bet that the DS setup would of been way cheaper
Old 09-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
jverz

Trader Rating: (0)
jverz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow that makes me want to write something similar for my PSP. I'll be getting a windshield mount for the thing when the GPS package is released anyway.

hah. i just found a way to do it.. though it'll work with any wifi device that has a web browser

Last edited by jverz; 09-30-2008 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: update
jverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #9
turbocarslut
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
turbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
subscribing.
turbocarslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:29 AM   #10
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I have obd2 but i do not like the iphone i am sure it will be made for the new g1 eventually.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:37 AM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
LOL if the price of the iphones and ipod touch didn't drop in price i'd bet that the DS setup would of been way cheaper
It's an Game Boy Advance SP...

Nology has had the PDA dyno out for like 5years now. PDA-Dyno and OBD2 Scan Tool I mean are we just seeing how much crap we can cram into the iPhone?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:44 AM   #12
irax
Post Whore!

shit game boy Advance SP? that legit!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #13
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
jonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
That's shit hot.
jonnybonds84 is offline   Reply With Quote