Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 11-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Drivers Republic attempts to answer which is faster on the 'Ring, GT2 or GT-R?

11-24-2008 11:59 AM

Filed under: , ,

The Nissan GT-R set the 'Ring on fire back in April with a single lap of 7:29. That news didn't go over well in Germany, where team Porsche insinuated that Nissan cheated by using a non-standard GT-R to achieve the supersonic time. Porsche even took a bone-stock GT-R to the 'Ring and its chief test track driver could only manage a 7:54. Nissan defended its time as legit and has provided solid evidence to support its case, but Porsche established enough doubt for Drivers Republic to bring a GT2 and GT-R to the famed Nürburgring to see which vehicle was faster.

Drivers Republic put both cars in the hands of an accomplished Nürburgring veteran, Chris Harris, who is also the author of this excellent article. Both vehicles were stock, except the Japanese-spec GT-R had its limiter removed. The Nissan also had Bridgetone rubber at the corners, which are actually different than the stickier Dunlops that Tochio Suzuki utilized during his 7:29 run. Nissan claims the soon-to-be-standard Dunlops are five seconds faster, but that's when in the hands of Mr. Suzuki who is one this planet's preeminent 'Ring racers. The track was wet during the run, which you would think favors the AWD GT-R, though Harris claims the GT2 felt faster in a straight line. You're probably dying to know which vehicle came out on top, and while we will tell you that one car was nine seconds faster than the other, you'll have to follow the read link below to find out for yourself.

[Source: Drivers Republic]

Drivers Republic attempts to answer which is faster on the 'Ring, GT2 or GT-R? originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

ReadÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
This is a good review. I think the author hit the nail on the head. While the GTR may indeed be able to hammer out a lap that beats the Porsche in the hands of an Amazing driver, it still stands amazing the fact that the car is close to 70k less even if it is not quite as fast as the Porsche. In fact I agree with the authors comments that the fact that Porsche felt the need to denounce the Nissan makes one wonder if Zuffenhausen is feeling a bit threatened. I can't wait to see the V spec and LM models to see what Nissan does.

Bravo Nissan for ruffling the feathers of Porsche so much. That in and of itself is a feat. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
Im still waiting for a company to take a stock gt-r and run a 7:29 like nissan says it can, to put an end to the porsche rumor....but it still hasnt happened....so the rumor lives on.

For those who dont like to read, they ran:
gt2: 7min 49.0sec
gtr: 7min 55.9sec
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
Given the times we set were both some way off the manufacturers claims, how do we feel about those claims? Well Walters time is 17 seconds faster than this and having experienced the gt2 at full afterburner, I have no doubt that the car will achieve that time. I could show you where ive lost five seconds on just a handful of sections. In fact I suspect that herr Rohrl could go a little faster still.

Could the nissan really go 27 seconds faster? I just don’t know. Unlike the Porsche time, we have video evidence of Toshio Suzuki setting a 7:29.03sec lap and he is super-committed. In fact it’s a brilliant piece of driving. But I just don’t see where another 27 seconds comes from with the car I drove. Ten, perhaps fifteen with a set of those gummy dunlops fitted, Suzuki san driving, using his sublime skills and a telepathic knowledge of the car’s handling traits.

ummm im not sure but i think im reading that the guy who drove the gtr is saying that he cant believe that the gtr ran a 7:29 and that even with suzuki san driving and with the dunlops that it could maybe get 15 seconds faster than the 7:55 that he ran bringing it to 7:40....still not very close to 7:29...
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote