Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #91
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here's a pic of my bucket.

Since I'm focusing on horse power... I was thinking about maybe keeping the oem look and maybe doing a 2-tone panda look.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:40 PM   #92
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

chris_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Need to get my spare oil pan tapped, then I need to swap it in. Might change my solid motor mounts out for oem motor mounts to make it more streetable, gf would be happier.

Small things like nuts and bolts needs to be gathered, test fitting the IC piping and mounting the FMIC... I think I'm going to see how it runs with the stock 270cc injectors for now, I have 550cc's for the build. Next big step is to send my ECU over to Nismotronic, have the daughter board installed, then install the ECU and do an eTune with them. If all goes well, I'll try to get the Nismotronic SA in a month or two... or if bills permit I'll order it at the end of the month lol.

Sounds like you're getting close. Look into Nismo motor mounts. I originally had Drift Freq mounts, but I didn't heat shield them (I know, I know) so they fell apart. Then I switched to Nismo and like them a lot more. They're firm enough for me that I don't worry about the engine torquing, but they transfer little vibration.

Don't run it with the stock injectors, it's not worth it! Just wait a little longer and install your 550's with the tune. How much power are you shooting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S30ZG View Post
Lol I haven't driven my s13 for about a month. Kinda miss driving it, kinda don't [emoji23]. Hopefully I can start digging into its issues pretty soon here. Had to do a 90k on the GS since it looks like the PO didn't do much maintenance unfortunately.
Haha I get that. I don't daily mine anymore and sometimes I really don't miss driving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
The sentra community is striving, but not in WA. GA, TN and a few in FL is holding it down, but as time goes on, only the hardcore few like myself are pushing the limits. There are only maybe 5 boosted Sentras in all of WA and maybe 3 of us are pure sleepers. The others are loud, so they are kind of putting themselves out there.

Anyone have any 17 inch, 8 wide 4 lug rims they are willing to part with? These 17x7 makes the car look like a muscle dude who skips on leg days....lol
Gotcha, are you willing to tell us what kind of power yours is making?

I'm 5 lug as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
Flying into Seattle tomorrow from NY! Any cool things you guys can recommend? Any cool shops?
What kind of stuff do you like? Food, tourist stuff, scenic views, etc.
chris_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #93
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
JGS rubber mounts. $7 rubber replacements from Napa if you do happen to cook one.

Don't run stock 270s, you know better than that Eddi
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #94
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_240sx View Post

Don't run it with the stock injectors, it's not worth it! Just wait a little longer and install your 550's with the tune. How much power are you shooting for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
JGS rubber mounts. $7 rubber replacements from Napa if you do happen to cook one.

Don't run stock 270s, you know better than that Eddi
ha, yeah at most it would just idle in the garage or I'd take it around the block to watch the wideband lean out a little.

As far as power, not much with the stock bottom end. 10psi at most. If I throw ARP studs into my other longblock, I think it's really just limited by the T25 I have, I could probably find a cheap T28 to upgrade too. But as far as future goals? With a bigger turbo, 300hp. But I'm not getting my hopes up, I've been on the fence with this KA-T for a while.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #95
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wykydtron, be careful man, once you go boost, it's hard to drive n/a. It's addictive.

Chris, I wouldn't say the power, but with the KA putting down some nice power with T25's and 28's, I have a T3/T4 50 trim, soo.....
BUT, it's fwd. That thing wants to kill you in high boost and wheel hop is a BYTCH!!!! lol

Everyone is 5 lug and with the luck I have, my 240 has every option, from sun roof, abs and power everything, but it's base model. Swapping in a 5 lug now would cost a little too much for my liking, $1600 all in.

Does the nismo mounts 'raise' the engine a little? I think I read that some where.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:06 PM   #96
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
$1600 for 5 lug?

It's like $300 for conversion hubs, $150 at most for new rotors.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #97
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Wheels and tires has to be added to that, which I priced around $1000.
So $1450 isn't too far off from the $1600 that I quoted myself.

Don't get me wrong, if there is a cheaper way that nets me the same quality and results, I'm all ears. But that is why I'm simply trying to get the 4 lug rims for relatively cheap because if it's expensive, I might as well do the conversion.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #98
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Lemme know how that etune goes. I've always been reluctant about testing them. I really need to learn how to tune. Lol

I've got some stock 5 lugs with good tires coming off soon.... just a thought

Ya those injectors are tiny! I have a walbro 255 pump in the garage that I don't know if it works or not. I moved to a 340 in the Z cause I leaned out on top but my mafs are also stock. New ones are like 800 and I'd need to retune.

The focus is cool, it's got great seats stock, and it's not slow. It scoots for what it is, I can take a modified g35 or stock 370z with it and it handles well. Its got 12k miles fully loaded and I just wanna get a different daily, 18k takes it. Lol

Boost is addicting. One of the other reasons the 240 is getting a LS vs rb or SR or KAT.... I can't turn up boost lol
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:15 PM   #99
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Clean s13 by the way!

Also. As far as visiting shops and places... what ya wanna see and how far do you wanna go?
Old 04-19-2016, 03:18 PM   #100
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
Clean s13 by the way!

Also. As far as visiting shops and places... what ya wanna see and how far do you wanna go?
I'll be driving all over really. Anywhere within an hour is cool. I have all the touristy stuff down. Was wondering if there is any must see car related places. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2016, 03:18 PM   #101
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Hey McZFace, how much are you going to sell the 5 lug with tires for?

Also, the LS can be boosted in the 240. Jus' sayin'.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #102
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Quote:
Wheels and tires has to be added to that, which I priced around $1000.
So $1450 isn't too far off from the $1600 that I quoted myself.

Don't get me wrong, if there is a cheaper way that nets me the same quality and results, I'm all ears. But that is why I'm simply trying to get the 4 lug rims for relatively cheap because if it's expensive, I might as well do the conversion.
You can do 5 lug wheels for way cheaper.

S14 5lug wheels are $250?

Z33 wheels are $250?

Mustang cobra wheels you can find for $200-300.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #103
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

If I'm going 5 lug, it's not going to be the stock rims. But you're right, I could shave a few hundreds off, but I'm on a budget and other things come first, like my leaky steering rack and rusty radiator.

LikeCurry, how long are you going to be in town?
Old 04-20-2016, 06:22 AM   #104
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

There's some nice wheels for cheap. I got my OZ track wheels for 1200. I dunno on the s14 wheels, probably just a few hundred bucks. Tires are new all season Michelins.

425 motorsports has racing seats to sit in. Ozzy motors is around there. English racing would be cool but it's a bit of a drive. There may be an event going on at Pacific raceways or evergreen speedway also. There's a few places

And ya I thought about a blower actually. I need to see how much they go for and if I can find a slim one that will fit under the hood... hmmmm. Noooo, no boost. Bad bahaha
Old 04-20-2016, 07:57 AM   #105
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Ok baller McZface, $1200 is cheap.....lol....lol
At that price, I would def. go 5 lug. Infact, that is the plan this winter.

You could also get a procharger. Jus' sayin'.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #106
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
As far as power, not much with the stock bottom end. 10psi at most. If I throw ARP studs into my other longblock, I think it's really just limited by the T25 I have, I could probably find a cheap T28 to upgrade too. But as far as future goals? With a bigger turbo, 300hp. But I'm not getting my hopes up, I've been on the fence with this KA-T for a while.
10psi would be plenty to have fun with. It's been awhile since I looked into KA-T stuff, but on a t25 that's like ~200whp right? My car makes like 220whp and I think it's fun. I have somewhat similar long term power goals. I would like to be at about 275whp. That will be plenty for me for awhile.

Quote:
Chris, I wouldn't say the power, but with the KA putting down some nice power with T25's and 28's, I have a T3/T4 50 trim, soo.....
BUT, it's fwd. That thing wants to kill you in high boost and wheel hop is a BYTCH!!!! lol

Everyone is 5 lug and with the luck I have, my 240 has every option, from sun roof, abs and power everything, but it's base model. Swapping in a 5 lug now would cost a little too much for my liking, $1600 all in.

Does the nismo mounts 'raise' the engine a little? I think I read that some where.
Haha yeah, that's what I was thinking. Don't you have traction issues with those front wheels/tires though?

Mine came 4 lug too, so I had to swap them. I bought OEM pieces from a member here years ago. I think I paid like 500 shipped for all four. It seems a little steep, but I was in the middle of no where and I got the full spindle/knuckle at each corner so they were heavy/bulky.

Quote:
Ok baller McZface, $1200 is cheap.....lol....lol
At that price, I would def. go 5 lug. Infact, that is the plan this winter.
$1200 is cheap for four brand new wheels that aren't knock offs.

You could always do what e1_griego was talking about and run stock wheels for awhile. That's what I did and now I run them as spares.

Curry, what dates are you coming in? Check out the facebook pages for Northwest Nissans (NWN) and NissanPacific (Wykydtron). They advertise a lot of events. I think there are more pages too, but I can't think of them right now. Also, definitely grab breakfast at Beth's while you're here!
Old 04-20-2016, 10:02 AM   #107
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I know $1200 is cheap.... cheap for a baller like yourself. If I go to a shop and they said $1200 anything, I would faint on the spot....lol.
Jus kiddin... You have to pay to play. I simply don't like cross-roads. 4 lug or 5 lug swap now.

10 psi will get boring after a while and that is why I said boost is addictive. You could never get enough of it. I have heard the usual, only 4-6 psi, then 8-10. After that they are thinking of rebuilding the engine to handle the 15 that they want to put down. It doesn't stop man.... it just doesn't.

The boosted manual version of the Sentra has traction issues when racing because they put down the power instantly, but with the auto transmission, I have more control over that. The down side is that the transmission wasn't built for that amount of power and trying to harness it to the road is even more strain on it. If you think that everything in a high hp engine has to be forged, just think about what has to go into the transmission handling that power.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #108
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I know $1200 is cheap.... cheap for a baller like yourself. If I go to a shop and they said $1200 anything, I would faint on the spot....lol.
Jus kiddin... You have to pay to play. I simply don't like cross-roads. 4 lug or 5 lug swap now.

10 psi will get boring after a while and that is why I said boost is addictive. You could never get enough of it. I have heard the usual, only 4-6 psi, then 8-10. After that they are thinking of rebuilding the engine to handle the 15 that they want to put down. It doesn't stop man.... it just doesn't.
I'm no baller, that's why my paint is trash and I haven't finished my Navan kit in over 2 years now haha.

Between those two options I would save up and do 5 lug. If you're planning on doing it later anyways, it'll be cheaper long term to just do what you really want. Plus 4 lug wheels are a bit harder to sell.

I think I'm the exception to this rule haha, six years now and I'm still at the factory 10psi on my car
Old 04-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #109
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I hear you man. I'm trying to preserve what little paint this car has on it.
4 Lug wheels are a pain to buy AND sell. I'm trying to sell the ones on the car now and not even one person bit. Maybe because they are 4 lug AND ugly....lol

10 psi stock should be fun, but don't you want to have more fun? (That sounded less creepy in my head)....lol
Old 04-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #110
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
10 psi stock should be fun, but don't you want to have more fun? (That sounded less creepy in my head)....lol
10psi makes enough power for third gear on the bank at Evergreen if I drive aggressive enough so I'm good for now. Sometimes I do wish I had another 20 or so horsepower though...
Old 04-20-2016, 07:42 PM   #111
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_240sx View Post
10psi makes enough power for third gear on the bank at Evergreen if I drive aggressive enough so I'm good for now. Sometimes I do wish I had another 20 or so horsepower though...
And there it is. The thought of having more has entered your mind. Your faith is sealed....lol
Old 04-21-2016, 08:20 AM   #112
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

I mean 1200 from a real, non rep company like oz who makes wheels for formula 1 isn't bad. I'm no baller, I'm in the military. Lol I'm single with no kids and 2 roommates, and all my money goes to cars and food/beer/wine/etc. Lol I guess I say they're cheap cause I was looking at volks and lmgt4's and stuff that was almost as expensive as my car was. But I thought it out and decided no. Lol even my Z wheels I picked up for 3k with tires hurt but I've literally wanted a set of TE37s for so long I had to have em.

Procharger style boost is kick ass. My Z has a Rotrex unit and it's amazing. I suppose I could do something like that one day but boost is just another monster all together to deal with. I've considered doing a little spray, because I can use it when I need to but keep the reliability and everything the same. Lol and as you said.. boost is addicting. At least with blowers it's not as easy to just turn the boost up. Though I want to bump to a smaller pulley on the Z soooo bad.. I want to break 500 -_-
Old 04-21-2016, 09:07 AM   #113
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Breaking 500 on the Z should be easy.
In terms of the spray, I never liked it for some reason. It is the cheapest form of 'boost', but I never got into it. For the reliability aspect, any car can be reliable, but it depends on how it's built and maintained.

If you build the car to handle 650 hp (built the entire drive train) and only put down 550, maintain it religiously and don't bang on it every single shift, it could be a very reliable car. Especially if it's not a daily.

I call everyone a baller, so don't take it seriously...lol
Old 04-21-2016, 07:58 PM   #114
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

it's happening
Old 04-22-2016, 12:33 AM   #115
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

That could be plugged.
I'm waiting until the exhaust manifold is off and the turbo is going in...lol

Good luck man.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:12 AM   #116
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

It's not the fact that I can build something to be reliable, the fact that, lets say I do a turbo build, or even a blower setup, and I lose an oil line on the highway in the middle of nowhere (which, if I drive home to my parents house in Southern California, there's a LOT of hot weather and open road I don't want to break on) so, spray, when done right, literally isn't an issue until used. Plus with a legit setup, it's a great power adder. Not a cheap ebay system, one that monitors AFR, RPM, has a window switch, etc and is tuned for it. My Z for example, could lose an oil cooler line, take a rock hit to it's carbon fiber drive shaft, etc. Once you go boost, there's soooo many more ways for things to fail. A properly setup n/a motor will always be more reliable, and spray, done right, is also reliable but mainly the fact I will only use it when I need it makes it a great option to have

just my .02, it's definitely not like the ricer kids yelling O MAN U GOT NOS lol there's a very big drag racing following that use it, and uses it reliably and quite well
Old 04-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #117
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh, don't get me wrong, it is and you're 100% right.
I guess I get a little defensive when I hear turbo being unreliable because all people see is when it breaks because some cheap honda owner bought 'everything' for $450 with no tune or stock injectors.

The more moving parts you have, the greater the risk of something going wrong, that's the equation. Hence why the older 7 series BMW with a cpu for every cylinder is frowned upon like a plague....lol

But that spool though.....lol.....lol...
Old 04-23-2016, 04:41 AM   #118
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

haha, I dislike the Honda scene for that reason. 95% ebay junk cars that require little effort to build. and then people are like OMG GREAT BUILD, yet some guy with 1000 hours into his car they talk shit on. lol plus they ruin a lot of shows and meets with their loud music and revving and burnouts. but that's another story, same with bmw's legendary pain in the dick electronics issues haha

I just want to do stuff like Modball or Dustbowl rallys and not break down. Spool is definitely addicting lol, but I have 3 boosty cars, I need something bulletproof lol
Old 04-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #119
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Sorry to tell you this, but nothing is bulletproof......lol

Once you start pushing your car, something will break, axle, transmission, diff.... What ever is the weakest link in the system, high hp will find it. That goes with the joys of pushing your car.

I actually thought of having a WA to OR Cannon ball run type thing. The winner doesn't have to pay for his beer for the entire stay there....lol
Old 04-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #120
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

True, nothing is ever bulletproof, but I can try. I actually googled LS superchargers today. THANKS lol

a WA cannonball would be soooo fun. Dustbowl is doing vegas to vancouver i think this year. only 2900 for 2 people :P