Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2022, 08:11 PM   #1
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I hate touching my car when it's working...

I started doing a bunch of little dumb ass mods to my car while troubleshooting some minor electrical issues.

Today I go to button the car back up after assessing my electrical system, ensuring that all my lights work. today my turn signals, and hazards, interior lights all decided they no longer want to work.

gauge cluster, dead.

the car has literally sat, I had to unplug my super multiple junction to troubleshoot why my car's reverse lights would never kick on. Turns out the car didn't even have wiring in the super multiple junction for one side of that circuit exchange. (you can look at the hell that is the reverse light wiring if that didn't make sense)

I tested all of this stuff and worked just fine and moved onto redoing my digital climate control.

unexplained my hazards don't work, turn signals don't work. all fuses are fine, lights turn on, on the cluster when I turn the key to the acc position...

I dunno I'm not asking for help, I'm just frustrated and flabbergasted because if you've ever taken the dash out, you already know how much of a bitch that is. Much less working in the cockpit dealing with wiring.

I have to take all of this shit back out to find out what the fuck went wrong and I'm just so over it. The car can sit and rot as far as I'm concerned. Every day I am ready to just fire off and buy a pdm unit and eliminate all of the oem wiring.

anyway, hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2022, 07:09 AM   #2
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had my interior apart recently to fix my fuel door/hatch release cable. While I had it out I thought, this would be a good time to remove the huge bundle of power seat belt wires from the body harness! Then I thought, you know, I could do that, or I could not do that, and my taillights and fuel pump would still be working tomorrow.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:12 AM   #3
inferno s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
inferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
if you disconnected the junction block under the dash on drivers side make sure its pushed in all the way and the nut is tighten. Make sure battery terminals are on and tight and body ground is present and also make sure the main fuse isn't blown.
inferno s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:51 AM   #4
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This is why I have been sitting on my digital climate control project for so long. Do I have all the parts, yes, do I want to pull out all that wiring and potentially mess everything up? No.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:06 AM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaxKouki View Post
This is why I have been sitting on my digital climate control project for so long. Do I have all the parts, yes, do I want to pull out all that wiring and potentially mess everything up? No.
I didn't have to touch the smj for the dcc, you do need to run a second ambient temp sensor out to the engine bay which I did years ago.

maybe my smj's aren't on all the way, but that wouldn't explain why the car starts since that same wiring runs through there. either way I'll have to double check again.

Just annoying nissan stuff.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:21 AM   #6
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I have to believe that its got to be a bad wire or something in the OE harness. Just hit you up on IG as well brother. Good to see your name again!

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:06 AM   #7
inferno s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
inferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
if you checked fuses and grounding and all is good then..
id start at the relays which power the accessories which aren't working at the moment.
From there you will know which direction you have to focus your troubleshooting, either the battery side or the accessory side. Time to bust out that multimeter.
inferno s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:42 PM   #8
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I forgot to plug the w/l (white blue) fusible link wire back into my fusebox… that was it.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:45 AM   #9
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Wiring specialties makes a full PDM harness kit for s13 and s14 although it’s pretty pricey
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:38 PM   #10
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.
Old 05-07-2022, 01:59 PM   #11
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupesallday! View Post
Wiring specialties makes a full PDM harness kit for s13 and s14 although it?s pretty pricey
I can make one too. And trust me this last week I really contemplated starting that project but I want to actually drive my car.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:22 AM   #12
biasword

Trader Rating: (0)
biasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
man this is why i only touch 1 system at a time. its like, all i did was rotate my tires, why wont the motor turnover lol
biasword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:40 AM   #13
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by biasword View Post
man this is why i only touch 1 system at a time. its like, all i did was rotate my tires, why wont the motor turnover lol
Oh those are the best.

While I was cleaning my interior last week the radio suddenly stopped working.
Took me a while but I finally found out the external fuse included with the radio had chosen that exact instant to rust enough to break contact. Like it literally rusted enough while I was in the car cleaning the carpet or whatever.

Or the time I rebuild the transmission and hear a whine at 30mph. What is that noise? I replaced the brakes, calipers, rotors, lines, wheel bearings, TC rods, inspect tailshaft bushing, I was ready to replace axles, driveshaft joints and rebuild the differential and even rip apart the transmission when I realized it was just the front tires got old and noisy. Oh well at least now I have new 30mm brakes and rotors. lol

I forgot the better examples (repressed memories)

Sometimes things just happen while we do something else
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote