Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #91
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
The only electrical issue that I got that after I take the key out of the ignition sometimes the Temp gauge and the Ebrake light wont turn off. ohh yeah and I replaced my wiper motor with a USDM one and my wipers are backwards I gotta figure out how ot wire it up to make it work. lol

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #92
hollywood7

Trader Rating: (0)
hollywood7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
when i press the brake..it blows the fuse.
i had that problem. it was water getting in the tailight housing creating the short

my current problems are

1.the intermittent wipers won't work and when i turn off the wiper it just stops right where it is.

2.whenever i push the rear defrost button the brake lights come on. but the 3rd brake light doesn't work any other time.
hollywood7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #93
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
yeah, i thought it was a short in the housing cause the wires were all melted and nasty from the pre-owner. so i picked up one from the junkyard..replaced it...and still blew the fuse..so im guessing it might be a bad ground somewhere in the wiring of the fuse box.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #94
NismoStoner

NismoStoner is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NismoStoner Send a message via MSN to NismoStoner
when i push my brakes, my day lights come on, dashlights, turn signals, and tail lights. Also at night when i have my lights on my tail lights are lit as if im pressing the brake, all the time. yay for 240s haha
NismoStoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:10 PM   #95
S13 Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
S13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S13 Charlie
Just recently, my gas gauge has started to act weird. I know gas gauge issues have been mentioned, but only for 95's, and I have a 1991. It reads fine until there's about 1/3 of a tank left, then it just dips down, down, down, until it's below E. I assume it's the sending unit in the tank, do I access it from the trunk? Are there any seals that I need to replace if I open it up from there? One other general question.. Does anyone have any good tips for cleaning up battery terminals? Mine are getting pretty nasty, and I want to do some maintenance.
S13 Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:53 AM   #96
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
drivers side seatbelt doesnt work sometimes, they only work when the key is in. no inside lights work except cluster and hud. when i press the button for the map light my seatbelt light comes on in the cluster. and my light on the cluster that says the doors are open is always on. lol alot of problems that need to be fixed.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #97
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
Well with the new hatch I have a few:

1. Let off the gas, ebrake light comes on.
2. No gauge cluster lights
3. Pass. seatrail jam's!

Thats all I have found in the day I have had it. *a
'90RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:50 AM   #98
SlowCoupe
Zilvia Junkie

SlowCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SlowCoupe
none really =) knock on wood, besides the a/c heating controls are somewhat dimm.

SlowCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #99
S13 Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
S13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S13 Charlie
Well, my gas gauge has decided to work well again, though sometimes it slips up. I'm pretty sure the float in the tank was just getting stuck.. New problem: I turned on my headlights this AM and the gauge cluster did not light up. I gave it a couple of taps and it came on. A few minutes later, I went to get gas and when I turned my lights on that time, the cluster didn't light up again, even after some tapping. It came on after I got on the freeway though. I'm thinking I might have to just pull the cluster and check the connectors behind it. 15+ years and daily driving on coilovers probably knocked something loose. Also, I was looking under the hood and in the corner behind the driver side headlight I found what looked like 50 wires all connected to a bolt. Is this what people are referring to when they say Nissan tends to ground too many connections together? Does anyone have any advice on cleaning this area up? Thanks,

Charlie
S13 Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #100
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
well recently on my hatch, which is awaiting an new reubuilt engine by dec,

the freakin head lamp (s13) s both of them will only go down via motor but not up, the motor is fine the arms are fine, the relays have all been replaced wtih new ones, the fuses are fine, the wiring looks to be ain great shatpe, i guess its time for a conversion of some sort.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #101
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
so i installed some indiglo gauges. lol. i had them and they burnt out like 8 years ago, and i never had the balls to install them myself cuz it was a real pain. so it rained on night really hard and i left both windows cracked. long story short guttted the whole car. too dash off seats out no carpet. just a one seater now. well turbo times stopped working. not sure but a fuse kept blowing, chime and clock would notwork. anf when it did, i would open the door and they would stop working. a/c lights don't work anymore. thats about it. but ppl say that the greddy turbo timer craps out. not sure if thats what this one did. i'll poke around again later on.
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #102
r_seng

r_seng is a well-known jackass
when i turn on my wiper, my brake light flickers.
r_seng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #103
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
well elec problem i had..fixed =D. had to remove old alarm system(pre owner) that was eating all the power to start my car. brake fuse problem..random wire hangin down in teh trunk.

woot.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #104
Vlasic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Vlasic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Vlasic Send a message via AIM to Vlasic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoStoner
when i push my brakes, my day lights come on, dashlights, turn signals, and tail lights. Also at night when i have my lights on my tail lights are lit as if im pressing the brake, all the time. yay for 240s haha
I got the same problem on my '96. When I press my brake pedal my parking lights come on and all my interior dash lights come on.
Vlasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #105
spinitsidewayz
Leaky Injector

spinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her selfspinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her self
My lights dim when i press the brake, but they get brighter when i rev my engine. Thats about it.

My odometer just took a crap on me today...
spinitsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:12 AM   #106
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
IF ANYONE CAN HELP.

That's the only reason I'm posting in this thread.

My car's climate control venting system doesn't work.

The fan's work, and the heat works, but the VENT DUCTS are stuck on FACE and FOOT vent.

I can't get my windshield defrost to work, it's really shitty on these cold days.

The LEDs above the buttons don't light up, my AC button doesn't work either. I dunno if that can help anyone that knows how to diagnose and/or fix my problem, if you know what to do, please PM me. I don't wanna take my dash apart if I don't have to.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:48 AM   #107
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
There is a back lit issue on my tac. the ones that turn on around the tac are fine but the back lits down kick in. I also have issues with the pivot control modulator.

My last coupe had a wierd grimlen... I'd always take the back roads at night and max out on this one straight away. at around 100mph I'd see all the dash lights/accessories flicker. The car would then start pulling harder then before. x_X really wierd shit.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:48 AM   #108
foodawg

foodawg is an unknown quantity at this point
after the sr swap my hud and digital display stopped reading , my reverse lights dont work and my front right signal doesnt work... damnit its not hard to fix but its a hassle lol
foodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #109
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
My HVAC lights decide when they are on/off and also, sometimes my temp gauge trips out if i bring the motor up around 6k.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #110
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinitsidewayz
My lights dim when i press the brake, but they get brighter when i rev my engine.
Well, to get you brainstorming- when you hit your brakes, your brake lights turn on, thus drawing power. They get brighter when you rev up, because the alternator is producing more juice. So something isn't getting enough power for some reason or something. Don't know that may be.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #111
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
im guessing his battery is in th etrunk ^^^ run some more groun wiring to more places - it stopped my problem just like that

My gremlin - my Wipers no longer work since i got the car back from paint - and im not letting them touch my car again - im guessing somewhere from the wiper amplifier to the rest of th estuff theres a problem... because i am pretty sure i checked continuity between the switch and the wiper amplifier
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #112
dopeyx27
Zilvia Junkie

dopeyx27 is on the path to ruindopeyx27 is on the path to ruin
When I step on the gas hard enough, the Overdrive flickers on and off and my car wobbles back and forth. LOL. Still working on that problem.
dopeyx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:47 AM   #113
racedk6

racedk6 is an unknown quantity at this point
When its really cold outside like 20 degrees my light on in the gauge cluster for the door flickers.

My temp gauge works when it wants and so does my trip and odometer.

If I put my map light to the postition where you open the door and it comes on, it will turn itself on taking corners fast.

My open door chime is always on when the door is open even without the key in the ignition.

Once in a great while when I push the clutch in the eheck engine light will turn on in between shifts.

Im just gonna leave it till I get the SR swap done
racedk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #114
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
sometimes when i turn on my wipers to the first click, the tach stops working. off/2/3rd it works just fine
1998 SE
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #115
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #116
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
my pasenger side head light when the high beams are applied doesnt come on well it does every once in a while and when i flash the high beams when pulling back on the head light knob every thing is fine. can someone pm me if they know how to fix this.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #117
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
someone spliced a wire into my TPS. so i fried 2 PFC's and 3 AEM ems's...
but it runs now.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #118
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
I got a good one, when I open the passenger door, my gas light comes on... WTF??

I need a new cluster. Car has a JDM cluster and the gas gauge is broke and some of the cluster lights stay dimly lit even with the car completely off.
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #119
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
E-Brake Light Flashes
Oil Light Flashes
Headlights Occasionally work

Wierd one:

Air Cuts off 10-12 seconds after the ignition is turned off. Never had that happen in the 5 S13's I have owned.
'90RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #120
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
if i make a right turn with my headlights on the wipers go on by themselves. the only way to stop it is to put the wiper controller arm down one "click" to the intermitent position. now i no longer have intermittent wipers.

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote