Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: AC or no?
I have an SR with AC 85 34.69%
I have an SR without AC 160 65.31%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the conditioning of air, thread.

whatever happened to being able to make a thread with a POLL?

anyway, being that its getting hotter i am curious who here has air conditioning in their modified car (non stock motor), in particular an SR car. this thread should include photos and discussion of putting AC in our SR cars, with and/or without the japanese climate control module.

mods: if you can add 2 poll choices, for shits and giggles:
- I have an SR w/ AC
- I have an SR w/o AC

thanks
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Poll added, placed in polls section

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
I have an AC in my KA and I don't know where I would be without it. I drove my friend's SR and he didn't (probably still doesn't) have an AC last summer in SoCal, never again will I try that.

AC is one of those must haves in SoCal. I don't know how some people do it.

I don't have any pics of a SR with an AC, sorry.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I had A/C in mine when I first did the swap, Used the whole KA system bolting it to the SR bracket (used 3 out of 4 bolts)

Had the Expansion valve stick open not allowing it to cool, Thought freon was low along with a bad A/C pressure gauge, over charged the system popping the relief valve on the compressor. some A/C shop wanted like $500 to repair it, said fuck it and pulled it out.

Probably gonna put everything back in later on though.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Currently my AC is there but not functioning. Unfortunately for black top owners the compressor doesn't bolt up at all unlike the red top. Hope my AC brackets come in soon though.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
my dd has a/c (ka)
my coupe has none (sr)
even in socal i rarely ever use the a/c. i live near the beach so it never really gets that hot here.
every time i go out of town or someplace inland i end up using and really appreciating it.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
s14tan
Zilvia Junkie

s14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choices
I had ac, till my custom line hit the manifold/elbow and busted...

Sad day.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
EjMalernee
Zilvia Member

EjMalernee is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't have A/C in mine. But that's OK its a drift car they don't need A/C. lol
EjMalernee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i am curious who here has air conditioning in their modified car (non stock motor), in particular an SR car.
some of you fuckers need to learn to read

Mike, did you look into Codyace's bracket yet?
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
I have an AC in my KA and I don't know where I would be without it. I drove my friend's SR and he didn't (probably still doesn't) have an AC last summer in SoCal, never again will I try that.
AC is one of those must haves in SoCal. I don't know how some people do it.
I don't have any pics of a SR with an AC, sorry.
good to know that you have STOCK AIR CONDITIONING on your STOCK motor. thats not what im asking here. we're talking about people with swaps getting their AC system fully functional, either with the standard HVAC controls or the jspec digital climate control.

anyone with a stock car can say "yeah i have AC" ... no one cares about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14tan View Post
I had ac, till my custom line hit the manifold/elbow and busted...
and this is the kind of stuff i want to hear. we rarely hear about the problems people have encounter(ed) with the AC system failing due to all the heat from the turbo setups people have. this is what i would like to hear more about, pros and cons of having the AC with your SR cars, wiring schematics, modifying the air box for the digital climate control servos, brazing your AC lines.......... etc etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EjMalernee View Post
I don't have A/C in mine. But that's OK its a drift car they don't need A/C. lol
thanks. thanks for telling us all that drift cars dont need AC. its good to know, in case any of us plan on drifting.......... with the air conditioning on.

calm down drift king. keep on topic. if you have a fully working ac with your SR, add to this thread.

if you're a cool track kid, fuckoff.

sorry for being so crude but, i see this getting off topic with useless posts about how its unnecessary.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #11
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
some of you fuckers need to learn to read

Mike, did you look into Codyace's bracket yet?
no, i did not see his bracket.

keep in mind, i do not have ANY ac components left from the days of when i was a lad and ran a KA24E. all of that got discarded with a quickness.

ive been driving my dear friend carlos' s13 around for a bit and the heat sucks... im getting old i guess. the HKS super sequential super annoying BOV makes me look like a fucking idiot because people think i am trying to show off when driving.. when i just want to drive. its kinda a nuisance but... thats his car, not mine.

so now ive been thinking and pondering... while my motor is out and about to go back in... am i going to even attempt to put the gaddamn AC back in. cringe.... it goes against everything i stand for, i fucking hate ac.... but its kinda needed.. the entire car boils, the heat truly eats up the car.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #12
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
no, i did not see his bracket.

keep in mind, i do not have ANY ac components left from the days of when i was a lad and ran a KA24E. all of that got discarded with a quickness.

ive been driving my dear friend carlos' s13 around for a bit and the heat sucks... im getting old i guess. the HKS super sequential super annoying BOV makes me look like a fucking idiot because people think i am trying to show off when driving.. when i just want to drive. its kinda a nuisance but... thats his car, not mine.

so now ive been thinking and pondering... while my motor is out and about to go back in... am i going to even attempt to put the gaddamn AC back in. cringe.... it goes against everything i stand for, i fucking hate ac.... but its kinda needed.. the entire car boils, the heat truly eats up the car.
Mike AC on a SR in SoCal is a must if you drive it on any kind of regular basis in the summer and early fall as well as the spring. Ken Flores runs it on his S15 SR in a Kouki S14. Used to also have it on his S13. I built and sold several S13's with it. The old school trick was using the redtop AC bracket with the the KA compressor. I even saw guys install blacktops with the JDM compressor and get lines made.

There was a AC guy next door to Marco's Old shop in Gardena that did it for a lot of Marco's customers. I had it done for my RB car. Not sure if he is still there. First order of the day for you would be to get a compressor because I can bet you tossed the SR one. LOL.

They do what Juan said and get some brackets from CodyAce. Then have the lines done. Its not a bad thing in Socal and lots of guys in the past ran AC. In fact a SR install with AC done is what separates out the good swap shops from the shitty ones. Places that knew how to do you knew were doing the swaps right. Cheap places would not take the time.

P.S. Any AC shop worth a damn can weld up lines for you. If they can't then you should not be going to them in the first place. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a VQ with no A/C
Old 06-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
comablack783
Leaky Injector

comablack783 is on a distinguished road
when I was bottom mount my SR had AC, Car was is an 89 so the ka24e comp was long gone, got a used ka24de compressor and ran it with 3 bolts plus a washer to keep pully from touching something (dont remember what..) for about a year. Then went top mount and shortly after the AC stopped working, then the motor sort of died... while pulling motor out found that the line off the firewall had been cooked through from top mount set up.. Everything in the area of the exhaust housing was cooked and crunchy.. FAIL...

I will run AC again, its hot and humid like 99.9% of the time in miami, and you really cant do anything without it + nissan AC is nice and cold..

ergh, forgot to mention, I did run the SR compressor for awhile, before the comp clutch went bad, also had issues with the KA comp.. dont waste time with used junk, get a re-manufactured compressor, worth every penny.
comablack783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #15
Steinkrunk
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Steinkrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Every 240 I've every had either the A/C wasn't working or I ripped it out. Now I bought a 240 as a daily and want A/C and the damn thing has a factory A/C delete!! Who would do that!?! Oh well, roll down windows and drive faster :-)
Steinkrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
2JZGTE with no A/c i've often thought of adding it into the car, but i really dont thing i have a decent place for the condenser.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #17
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I've got a redtop with an a/c compressor, but I've never gotten it hooked up. My old a/c lines were tucked up and to the side, but the heat from the exhaust/turbo still destroyed the old hoses. If I get time to, I want to look into either getting custom hoses made or getting a KA compressor. I really miss a/c.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #18
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
here. we're talking about people with swaps getting their AC system fully functional, either with the standard HVAC controls or the jspec digital climate control.
I know its not a SR but I also got A/C with my RB25 S14, Used the RB A/C compressor (which needs to be replaced) Modified Condenser and custom compressor lines, with stock S14 HVAC controls

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #19
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'd like to add it to my SR, but previous owner removed everything, lines, condensor, everything. Figure it would be too hard to try and track all that down.

Texas/Louisiana Heat > SoCal Heat. It was 103 yesterday with a 79% humidity Felt like 117. Walk outside, instant sweat.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #20
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
good to know that you have STOCK AIR CONDITIONING on your STOCK motor. thats not what im asking here. we're talking about people with swaps getting their AC system fully functional, either with the standard HVAC controls or the jspec digital climate control.

anyone with a stock car can say "yeah i have AC" ... no one cares about that.

and this is the kind of stuff i want to hear. we rarely hear about the problems people have encounter(ed) with the AC system failing due to all the heat from the turbo setups people have. this is what i would like to hear more about, pros and cons of having the AC with your SR cars, wiring schematics, modifying the air box for the digital climate control servos, brazing your AC lines.......... etc etc etc

thanks. thanks for telling us all that drift cars dont need AC. its good to know, in case any of us plan on drifting.......... with the air conditioning on.

calm down drift king. keep on topic. if you have a fully working ac with your SR, add to this thread.

if you're a cool track kid, fuckoff.

sorry for being so crude but, i see this getting off topic with useless posts about how its unnecessary.
I had to when I read your response. Truly made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comablack783 View Post
when I was bottom mount my SR had AC, Car was is an 89 so the ka24e comp was long gone, got a used ka24de compressor and ran it with 3 bolts plus a washer to keep pully from touching something (dont remember what..) for about a year. Then went top mount and shortly after the AC stopped working, then the motor sort of died... while pulling motor out found that the line off the firewall had been cooked through from top mount set up.. Everything in the area of the exhaust housing was cooked and crunchy.. FAIL...

I will run AC again, its hot and humid like 99.9% of the time in miami, and you really cant do anything without it + nissan AC is nice and cold..

ergh, forgot to mention, I did run the SR compressor for awhile, before the comp clutch went bad, also had issues with the KA comp.. dont waste time with used junk, get a re-manufactured compressor, worth every penny.
This is interesting. I'd like to hear more from people with top mount set-ups, and running a/c, because that is what i'm planning to do real soon. It's cool to have an sr, it's much cooler to have a/c. No pun intended.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #21
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
I had fully functioning A/C on my S15 SR with Full Race top mount. The Full Race top mount is not supposed to be compatible with A/C, however since it was an S15 SR, it uses the smaller R134 compressor... so it easily cleared the manifold with no issues. I ran it that way with both the standard HVAC controller and then later on with the JDM DCC. I'm still debating on whether or not I'll do it on the LS3. Most likely I won't do it right away, but save it for a small winter project. I didn't weld shut the firewall where the lines go through, so that right there proves that I will be adding A/C at some point

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #22
nismolvr
Zilvia Junkie

nismolvr is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 NorCal A/C

I have a fully functional A/C in my 1992 240sx Silvia Conversion. Blacktop Sr20 ,Im using a redtop a/c bracket with my Original KA24de compressor and Original A/C piping. Im using a KA24e single cam condensor fan(mounted in front of condensor not behind like twin cam KA24de). Cant use twin cam fan ,as it mounts behind radiator, fan wont fit , it will get in the way tear shit up. IM still using radiator fan with clutch. I have a Megan exhaust bottom mount manifold and Using s15 turbo. I fabricated a heatshield that isolates BMC and I believe high side hose that runs along exhaust. Only down side ,was a bitch to charge on low side acces valve. I basically had to vacuum test for leaks , charge system then assemble custom intake .Low side charge port is smack on the compressor , cant acces it with intake piping for turbo installed .Almost forgot ,Im using stock A/C controls , I had the climate control Unit .Decided not to use it.Wiring for fan was a little tricky , I just used wiring off of A/c fan relay near engine compartment fuse box.Ill post pics tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i live in alabama where it is 95 and humid as hell all summer, no a/c, and wear long sleeves to work because of tattoos. its whatever
Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #24
nismolvr
Zilvia Junkie

nismolvr is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 a/c pictures

Low side Valve is under hot pipe and intake piping it was hard to get to. I guess i could of charged refrigirant on hot side while it was under vacuum ,but i chose not to. So i charged it on low side , and assembled intake piping.
By nismolvr at 2011-06-28
heat shield

compressor and low side is down there somewhere.

Single cam KA24e condensor fan

fan wiring

Old 06-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #25
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I am currently waiting for CodyAce to PM me back so I can pay him for my A/C brackets. I left everything attached when I did my swap. Intercooler piping and intake all fit fine around the A/C lines. I have a blacktop S13 in an S14 so none of the bolts line up.
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #26
Chay G

Chay G is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Chay G
s14 notchtop sr on s14, i just got mu custom a/c lines, i will install it tomorrow
Chay G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #27
260sexways
BANNED

260sexways is an unknown quantity at this point
Way too much going on with all the ac components being in the engine bay, I like to have a clean open area to work in
260sexways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #28
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260sexways View Post
Way too much going on with all the ac components being in the engine bay, I like to have a clean open area to work in
yup...........

thats the main and only reason i dont want to put it in, keep the engine bay nice and empty and clean.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #29
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I got my A/C hooked up and working today after receiving my CodyAce brackets friday. As far as the kit, highly recommend it to anyone who wants air conditioning. Easy installation and the brackets were beefy and good quality.

As far as the engine bay being crammed I havent had an issue getting to anything I needed to while working on the car. All my A/C lines have good clearance to manifold, turbo elbow, etc. I run two fans with an Isis radiator and I let the car sit with A/C on and had no temperature issues. If you have a street car I think the benefits are worth the hour it takes to install A/C.
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #30
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
nope, I ripped everything else out that is unnecessary so the ac went too
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote