Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-04-2020, 06:29 AM   #61
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
My point is that the homeless are not treated the same as the rest of us.
I agree with this. SF has billion dollar companies, with anyone making under $100k considered poor. All the while hobos are shitting in the middle of the street (shoutout to the Tenderloin). I wish more tax money would go into psychiatric help. But largely it's people sipping their lattes and stepping over needles, burnt spoons, and nodded out crackheads.

It's always a treat for tourists to see the "real" SF.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:23 AM   #62
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Its one thing after another with you. Writing hospitals blank checks to create a revolving door for the homeless only makes everything from taxes to homelessness to healthcare worse.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:47 AM   #63
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Its one thing after another with you. Writing hospitals blank checks to create a revolving door for the homeless only makes everything from taxes to homelessness to healthcare worse.
Trump put $1.8billion dollars in to fighting the opioid overdose issues in America.

Many Americas start off on opioids and once they can no longer secure pills, they turn to another drug which gives the same feeling. In turn it can spiral down until they are out on the street.

With that said, what's wrong with addressing the issue once they are on the street?

We have a budget of roughly $934 billion dollars a year for military & defense to protect our land and people from outside threats. Why are you seemingly against protecting the people within our land?
Old 12-04-2020, 08:37 AM   #64
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Because they prefer the corporate welfare and social safety net that military service provides.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #65
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I just told you. What youre talking about is a fairy tale. In reality, the mental hospitals take advantage of the homeless population for those sweet government checks, and in return give them NOTHING. Ive seen it. You dont know what youre asking for.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:49 PM   #66
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Trump put $1.8billion dollars in to fighting the opioid overdose issues in America.
i always cringe when people recall numbers like that

who remembers numbers like that, and what do they even mean? if we spent 1.4 billion would that be better or make a difference in my life?

all i know is that we have too many wacked out sick fucks wandering the streets. fix'em and get them working, or flush'em down the toilet. what do i know.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:34 PM   #67
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:

who remembers numbers like that, and what do they even mean? if we spent 1.4 billion would that be better or make a difference in my life?

all i know is that we have too many wacked out sick fucks wandering the streets. fix'em and get them working, or flush'em down the toilet. what do i know.
Depends on where you live. But yes, I agree.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #68
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:

Well, considering that potholes cost $1k to fix on average... a savings of $400 million would fix 400,000 potholes.

Or it would buy 1.6 million Chromebooks. Or it could pay the salaries of 7,272 people making $55k taking care of our public lands.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:17 AM   #69
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez90rXhMWjE

I just gave this vid a watch and it's not looking good for the state of California in the long term.

IMO, CA looks like a microcosm of progressive leaning laws/regulations going too far, communities of NIMBYs, absurd cost of living, diverse geography and populace with their own unique challenges.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #70
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

CA's current situation is what happens when the politicians' thoughts aren't as holistic as the state's geography.

The cancer starts at the top and goes all the way down to city planners.

I have my house and my business is low enough volume that the EPA regs aren't a big deal. Sikkens makes great CA-compliant paint.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:33 AM   #71
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I have my house and my business is low enough volume that the EPA regs aren't a big deal. Sikkens makes great CA-compliant paint.
keep waiting for that water bourne paint to dry

biggest waste of time
Old 02-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #72
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

We heat the booth for ~four hours for the initial dry. If we wanted, we could color sand within 24 hours of application- as is, we color sand panels only immediately before tub assembly so we can address any handling scuffs/scratches at the same time.

One thing that we've been using like crazy on sales car touch-ups is UV primer. Spray, move to sun, topcoat almost instantly. If we did volume, we'd have a UV wand but we don't so we don't.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:00 AM   #73
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
The main problem is exactly what we see in Canada.

People get elected into positions of power by promising amazing things. We have 'free' healthcare up here, but nobody tells you it takes a year for a colonoscopy, and they charge taxpayers twice as much as what it would cost out of pocket in a state like Montana. (How do I know this? I just literally waited a year for a 15 minute procedure...kinda glad I don't have cancer, fuck sake) . We created a government union monopoly and pretend it is 'free'. It is not. Great if you break a finger, or need to be prescribed periods...but you'll probably die if anything serious happens.

Basically what has happened is, as a society, we have had over 30 years (more like 50) of teaching kids to yell and demand things, instead of giving them the ability to think critically and have the skills to create. Furthermore, we've voted in regulations with the best of intentions that drive up the costs of starting a business. Anyone that is a business owner understands all the bullshit behind the scenes they have to do to create jobs. Its like the game is rigged.

There is also the problem with unions, and international non profits. These groups are just as bad as the big corporations. They too lobby government and game the system so they can create social subversion so they can monopolize and rape taxpayers, or monopolize their services.

So, what is the fix? Decentralized limited government.

I warned back about 15 years ago that you need to get rid of the ATF's power as they are absolutely going to try to take your guns, and now we are there. I argued you don't want a centralized currency that is manipulated, and here we are. I mentioned that they would come for free speech, and here we are.

Yet every few years we 'vote hard'. How about running for office and getting the participation trophy kids out? I did. Some of you vets that have seen the dark side of humanity need to step up and lead.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:03 AM   #74
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I have my house and my business is low enough volume that the EPA regs aren't a big deal.
The EPA is trying to eliminate all petroleum machines, including cars. They will absolutely collapse the aftermarket industry. Please support SEMA and get rid of the EPA if you can. It's a 5 billion dollar industry, and they will wipe it off the face of the earth because they have no fucking idea how to do business or create change in a market economy.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:08 PM   #75
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
aah yes.

I'm probably the only one that enjoys living in California.

as I always tell my friends and people willing to listen, there's always a set of problems anywhere in the world that you would choose to live at.

the only real question you can ask yourself is, what do you want to tolerate or accept?

and the whole "EPA is coming after you" stuff... well, that's why there's a current 6-3 conservative majority on the Supreme Court, right? isn't that the whole point of having conservative judges at the federal level and above?

whatever. this subforum is all loud noises and people shouting past each other. Hate on California all you want, if you're really that hateful about California then next time ignore the parts I sell.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:54 PM   #76
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Hate on California all you want, if you're really that hateful about California then next time ignore the parts I sell.
damn man, texas is a pretty big state with lots of potential buyers/customers. You really wanna cut us all off?
Old 05-10-2021, 06:12 PM   #77
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
damn man, texas is a pretty big state with lots of potential buyers/customers. You really wanna cut us all off?
Read what I wrote please...

if you want to be that hateful you'd also extend that hatred towards anything out of California, i.e. parts I sell. Or to rephrase, California is evil in the eyes of some people, so they should just not do business with California.

That seems to be a basis for the previous administration and their trade policies against the rest of the world, why not target California while we are at it?

I don't discriminate against customers beyond whether they are trustworthy or not.

[email protected]
Old 05-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #78
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
No one really hates California... It's just the people in charge that they aren't really fond of.

Like I've already stated in this thread "I'd honestly have to win the lotto, or inherit a house to be enticed to move back."

If California had the same firearm and vehicle laws of Tennessee that would work too, but I'm probably more likely for the above to happen first. lol
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:12 AM   #79
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
aah yes.

I'm probably the only one that enjoys living in California.

as I always tell my friends and people willing to listen, there's always a set of problems anywhere in the world that you would choose to live at.

the only real question you can ask yourself is, what do you want to tolerate or accept?

whatever. this subforum is all loud noises and people shouting past each other. Hate on California all you want, if you're really that hateful about California then next time ignore the parts I sell.
Quote:
if you want to be that hateful you'd also extend that hatred towards anything out of California, i.e. parts I sell. Or to rephrase, California is evil in the eyes of some people, so they should just not do business with California.

That seems to be a basis for the previous administration and their trade policies against the rest of the world, why not target California while we are at it?
alex, you sound like a glutton for punishment. you're basically advocating that people should get used to, if not like, getting fucked in the ass with no lube.

the state of california is fucked in a myriad of ways. how could anyone with a brain advocate or want to live in a state with homeless everywhere. its a clear sign that society is failing. what do you advise, that people stick it out? look the other way? most people dont stop to think how this effects the next generation. this is what you want your kids to see? to be raised in an environment where they play indoors?
Old 05-29-2021, 09:34 AM   #80
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
alex, you sound like a glutton for punishment. you're basically advocating that people should get used to, if not like, getting fucked in the ass with no lube.
Please stop putting words in my mouth or make assumptions about what I'm saying. You've known me long enough, I am never this type of person.

I have my own ideas for how to solve this problem of the problems plaguing California, but as is the case with most of my ideas, it's something that the US won't tolerate as a society. None of it involve any totalitarianism or loss of rights, but American culture won't allow it.

For almost everyone that wants to have a loud opinion about this matter, it's better for them to just simply move out of state and make this someone else's problem. Just like cars. Just like taxes. Just like guns. Just like any other government overreach or government failure.

Everyone wants a solution but no one wants to be a part of it, that's the core of it. We can point fingers at the government but the amount of people that volunteer to do work in communities is absurdly low.

But whatever, keep filling in the blanks for me. Everyone on the internet is a mind reader, I don't need a voice for myself.

[email protected]
Old 06-19-2021, 11:39 PM   #81
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
I have my own ideas for how to solve this problem of the problems plaguing California, but as is the case with most of my ideas, it's something that the US won't tolerate as a society.

But whatever, keep filling in the blanks for me. Everyone on the internet is a mind reader, I don't need a voice for myself.
Quit crying, Alex. You say you have a solution, let it out.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:07 PM   #82
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I want uncle trump back.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:22 PM   #83
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Quit crying, Alex. You say you have a solution, let it out.
I'll share when people want to have a conversation without personal insults, especially since we haven't actually talked in 10+ years.

[email protected]
Old 06-25-2021, 10:46 PM   #84
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'll share when people want to have a conversation without personal insults, especially since we haven't actually talked in 10+ years.
^ definitely a democrat

haha
Old 06-26-2021, 02:00 AM   #85
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Not everyone wants to waste their time with name calling over politics.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:48 PM   #86
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Not everyone wants to waste their time with name calling over politics.
Quote:
^ definitely a democrat

haha
this..... x2
Old 07-17-2021, 12:30 AM   #87
ixfxi
Post Whore!

recall newsom and flush the fucker down the toilet

elect larry elder
Old 07-19-2021, 02:19 PM   #88
Ichi-Go
Leaky Injector

Ichi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymore
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...g-smog-checks/

You guys hear about this? I am sure it is no big deal.

I heard a baseless conspiracy theory airplanes don't have cats and run leaded fuels. I don't believe it since the science is settled, leaded fuels were found to be bad for the environment. We are all in this together.
Ichi-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:13 PM   #89
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi-Go View Post
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...g-smog-checks/

You guys hear about this? I am sure it is no big deal.

I heard a baseless conspiracy theory airplanes don't have cats and run leaded fuels. I don't believe it since the science is settled, leaded fuels were found to be bad for the environment. We are all in this together.
Not gonna lie I?ll be happy with the burble tunes gone, but truly unfortunate for those that do legitimate tuning and modding.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:06 PM   #90
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Not surprised. CA has already been sending cars to the ref that had passed a previous smog check with an ECU flash. If the CVN(basically a checksum of the .bin file in the ECU) isn't the expected OEM value they will assume it's flashed. This check has been done retroactively, but now it will be during the actual smog check, which is more convenient. Dealing with the referee is stressful.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a workaround.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote